Gamers Nexus alleges LMG has insufficient ethics and integrity

osgalaxy
Message added by TVwazhere,

Please remember that the Community Standards apply to all threads including this one:

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner
  • "Don't be a dick" —Wil Wheaton
  • "Be excellent to each other" —Bill and Ted
  • Remember your audience; both present and future

4 minutes ago, CerberusLabrat said:

Why would I? He clearly knows.  Why do you think he sells...clothing?

Why is he bitching about tech, then? Do you follow anything? Geez, I'm not surprised people sucking up to Linus appear to resemble him very closely. It's like you're missing the same parts in your head.

2 minutes ago, CerberusLabrat said:

For the screwdriver? I mean, if you have no care for the quality of the tool you are using, then clearly you are not using that tool enough for it to matter, so sure, buy the Amazon Basics one.  You clearly don't need the quality one.

The point was that in reviews Amazon was pretty good quality already. And even more so for the price. That's the point.

But as I said numerous times, I don't care how much you want to charge for your stuff - it's a commercial decision. Just don't try to shit on other companies while you're doing that. Particularly if they push the world forward and all you're doing is hoping to make a buck off t-shirts.

2 minutes ago, mikaelus said:

Not backpack, screwdriver. With a $250 backpack budget the choice would be very broad. But it's great you found something that is 1/10th the price. Means I could buy one of these new every year for a decade.

Yeah you just deflect your previous position when people show you that what you said abiht the backpack is wrong.

For the screwdriver, i hope there someone who did a review on price performance on it. Oh yeah there are plenty of that in youtube 🤣

And someone already said there is quality comparable screwdriver with higher price in the market

1 minute ago, mikaelus said:

Which is not something anybody should say about any product, unless it's in a fairly commodified industry.

It's like saying that a custom cupboard done by a carpenter is not worth its price because you can buy one from IKEA for 1/10th of the price. Get it?

???

You...don't want a product reviewer...to give price to performance comparisons?

Like, his comparison was worthless because he didn't test the product properly, but I'm sure all tech reviewers on youtube will be satisfied to know that they can all just tell you to buy the 4090 with absolutely no context, because price to performance doesn't matter?

Jesus Christ...

Just now, mikaelus said:

The point was that in reviews Amazon was pretty good quality already. And even more so for the price. That's the point.

But as I said numerous times, I don't care how much you want to charge for your stuff - it's a commercial decision. Just don't try to shit on other companies while you're doing that. Particularly if they push the world forward and all you're doing is hoping to make a buck off t-shirts.

TIL just because 2 things in wildly different price brackets, intended for wildly different customers, having the same star rating on Amazon means that they are the same quality.

Just now, CerberusLabrat said:

???

You...don't want a product reviewer...to give price to performance comparisons?

Like, his comparison was worthless because he didn't test the product properly, but I'm sure all tech reviewers on youtube will be satisfied to know that they can all just tell you to buy the 4090 with absolutely no context, because price to performance doesn't matter?

Jesus Christ...

Do you comprehend the word "commodified"? 

This is the sad problem with fans of tech channels - you people are simply on a very low intellectual level to comprehend these things.

TIL just because 2 things in wildly different price brackets, intended for wildly different customers, having the same star rating on Amazon means that they are the same quality.

Can you comprehend English? I didn't say in reviews ON Amazon. I said IN REVIEWS - like actual technical reviews that measured different screwdrivers against each other.

Small wonder the West goes to shit with this level of language comprehension.

3 minutes ago, mikaelus said:

Why is he bitching about tech, then? Do you follow anything? Geez, I'm not surprised people sucking up to Linus appear to resemble him very closely. It's like you're missing the same parts in your head.

I am not sucking up to Linus.  He fucked up.  I'm pointing out that everyone else involved in the situation also fucked up.  Billet Labs has a scummy business model and Steve failed to employ basic journalistic courtesy.

His ENTIRE FUCKING JOB is to review tech and give objective advice on what to do.  If he thinks a GPU is worth $100 less than its going price, that's because it's probably worth $100 less than its going price.  That doesn't mean it has the margin to charge $100 less, it means that the performance is worth $100 less. 

I don't have to, others have done it already and Linus himself admitted the review was complete trash. But then he had the temerity to keep being rogue and saying no matter what he wouldn't say anything else - which means he's a complete dumbass who doesn't know what he's talking about and shouldn't touch a review of any other product in existence.

Which is not something anybody should say about any product, unless it's in a fairly commodified industry.

It's like saying that a custom cupboard done by a carpenter is not worth its price because you can buy one from IKEA for 1/10th of the price. Get it?

Yeah you are deflecting. I am talking about the product itself. You trash linus and jay2c saying they are trash so prove your worth instead just spouting BS

And the point you are making about the product is the conclusion Linus male about the product in the video 🤣

Do you comprehend the word "commodified"? 

This is the sad problem with fans of tech channels - you people are simply on a very low intellectual level to comprehend these things.

image.png.8a0090e7bd6194e14365e8b8d56d601b.png

If it is available on a commercial market, it is by definition commodified.  If you can buy it, it is, by definition, a commodity.  

And you're getting on me about English comprehension?

Can you comprehend English? I didn't say in reviews ON Amazon. I said IN REVIEWS - like actual technical reviews that measured different screwdrivers against each other.

Small wonder the West goes to shit with this level of language comprehension.

The video reviews which have all, by and large said that the LTT screwdriver is WILDLY better than the Amazon Basics, but the Amazon Basics is cheap enough that if you don't need a quality screwdriver you should get it and thereby automatically separates them to different consumers? 

image.png.8a0090e7bd6194e14365e8b8d56d601b.png

If it is available on a commercial market, it is by definition commodified.  If you can buy it, it is, by definition, a commodity.  

And you're getting on me about English comprehension?

Now do "commodity". Jesus Christ, honestly. We're going to be here a long time.

2 minutes ago, Cooldoe said:

Yeah you are deflecting. I am talking about the product itself. You trash linus and jay2c saying they are trash so prove your worth instead just spouting BS

And the point you are making about the product is the conclusion Linus male about the product in the video 🤣

This guy is not having a great night articulating his points.

Now do "commodity". Jesus Christ, honestly. We're going to be here a long time.

Sure.

image.png.903a2acf053579eb14e8e85657d6626c.png

AKA: Literally anything that is priced.

Coming from someone desperately defending an egotistical maniac who had to go into hiding for a week and lost a million bucks in annual revenue if not more? I'm feeling pretty good about my position here.

Sure.

image.png.903a2acf053579eb14e8e85657d6626c.png

AKA: Literally anything that is priced.

Small wonder you follow Linus given the extent of your laziness and basic lack of knowledge of terms that you believe you can comprehend with a simple Google search.

"In economics, a commodity is an economic good, usually a resource, that has full or substantial fungibility: that is, the market treats instances of the good as equivalent or nearly so with no regard to who produced them."

It's going to be fun watching you try to make sense of this sentence now. A few more difficult words there.

Just now, mikaelus said:

Coming from someone desperately defending an egotistical maniac who had to go into hiding for a week and lost a million bucks in annual revenue if not more? I'm feeling pretty good about my position here.

"Desperate" = He is charging market rate for a backpack and a screwdriver of their respective quality?

???

I am raking him over the coals for his business decision in not testing things.  What?  I am just also pointing out that Billet Labs does not deserve to be in business and Steve made a very blatant omission in his expose that comes off as hypocritical.

Yeah. Imagine doing the smart thing and getting together a proper response to negative press that came out of nowhere.

1 minute ago, CerberusLabrat said:

"Desperate" = He is charging market rate for a backpack and a screwdriver of their respective quality?

And Nvidia isn't? Can you people follow more than one thing in a conversation?

And Nvidia isn't? Can you people follow more than one thing in a conversation?

I didn't say Nvidia isn't charging Market rate.  They are charging, essentially, what the card costs for them to make.  Slightly more, because Nvidia actually DOES need to profit off of them, since its the only thing they sell.

Just because it costs them that much money to make it does not mean that the performance it offers is worth that amount of money.  Linus can say all he wants that something would be awesome if it were $50 or $100 less expensive because we're not talking about some bespoke product or something that is interchangeable with all other graphics cards.  If graphics cards that are $50 to $100 less expensive give the same performance...say it with me now...

3 minutes ago, CerberusLabrat said:

???

I am raking him over the coals for his business decision in not testing things.  What?  I am just also pointing out that Billet Labs does not deserve to be in business and Steve made a very blatant omission in his expose that comes off as hypocritical.

I thought that screwdriver was a hammer, no wonder I was having trouble driving a nail into a coffin. For $70 or whatever, I'd wish I had taken the $100, $200, $300 or even $500 to understand the title of what I was buying. Oh well, it's a load of garbage and no one should buy the trashy thing anyways.

P.S. I don't own the thing well before this whole clown show started. I have an IFixIt kit instead. I also own a hammer and screw drivers and use them for the intended purpose that they are made for, so unlike LTT/LMG, when I buy something to fill a role, I use it for that role and don't jump around hoops to "jank" out some abomination for 3 million views on social media and then procced to carpet bomb some poor souls who are just starting out making an object to a problem.

10 minutes ago, CerberusLabrat said:

Base on his post he is someone who buys amazon basic but a the same time will buy taped banana on a wall just because it is art 😅

Just now, CameronP90 said:

I thought that screwdriver was a hammer, no wonder I was having trouble driving a nail into a coffin. For $70 or whatever, I'd wish I had taken the $100, $200, $300 or even $500 to understand the title of what I was buying. Oh well, it's a load of garbage and no one should buy the trashy thing anyways.

P.S. I don't own the thing well before this whole clown show started. I have an IFixIt kit instead. I also own a hammer and screw drivers and use them for the intended purpose that they are made for, so unlike LTT/LMG, when I buy something to fill a role, I use it for that role and don't jump around hoops to "jank" out some abomination for 3 million views on social media and then procced to carpet bomb some poor souls who are just starting out making an object to a problem.

See? 

This is proper criticism for LMG, take notes @mikaelus 🤣

I handily agree with you on that front, when it comes to how much LMG has embraced the jank.  It drives me insane, as someone who likes to do things properly and use the right tool for the right job.

However, I also know that the reason a lot of people WATCH LTT in the first place is because watching them embrace the jank is entertaining.

2 minutes ago, Cooldoe said:

Base on his post he is someone who buys amazon basic but a the same time will buy taped banana on a wall just because it is art 😅

Do you think he buys AI art?