What Are My Sponsors Hiding?

Plouffe

We're secret shopping like we've never secret shopped before, our sponsors! Just how good is the customer service for brands we've worked with in the past, like Dbrand, UGreen, Asus, Manscaped, and iFixit? Time to send in Secret Agent Rush.

Buy an ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4080 Graphics Card: https://lmg.gg/PRogE

Buy a dBrand Project Killswitch Steam Deck Case: https://lmg.gg/UAx8M

Buy a Jackery Explorer 1000 Portable Power Station: https://lmg.gg/iu1L3

Buy an iFixit Manta 112 Bit Driver Kit: https://lmg.gg/F0x4X Buy a Manscaped Platinum Package 4.0: https://lmg.gg/NmYdE

Buy a UGREEN 655W 7-in-1 DigiNest Charging Station: https://lmg.gg/bMiQ1

Purchases made through some store links may provide some compensation to Linus Media Group.

Can we get a list of "Current" and
"Blacklisted" sponsorships?

Maybe a polite not working with list too for like
"These guys sponsored us in the past, and there is no reason beyond they chose not to give us more money" list?

I completely forgot Anker stopped working with you but see their sponsored posts on Facebook all the time.

I saw you have this:
https://storefront.throne.com/linusmediagroup/sponsors-affiliates-partners

But a blacklist would be cool too.

Asus tech support is this bad is their warranty/refund support is also this bad (From my experience no but from other people it absolutly is bad).D Brand is the only one that amazed me TBH every one else was kinda disappointment. I fix it gives you lifetime warranty so why they have to see the shipping box not the invoice.  I would say this series should continue to include other sponsors like samsung 

I feel like this series could get allot more fair if it handles multiple warranty claims over different products, given that multiple support clerks work at these places a review of their customer support might turn out unfairly poor if they just got the one crap rep who just started and isn’t long for their job status to stay hired, or maybe it’s scummy mc scum ville in the company returns department but they got a Robin Hood handling their case making the sponsor appear better than they should have.

I had this thought because each time I’ve dealt with ifixit support I’ve had replies within a day and in one case when my postage went missing not at their own fault they offered me a full refund or to resend the product (of which I accepted the refund and 2 months later got my screwdrivers after the postman found them)

good video with all that said 

okay, but if, in your own words, you won't hire somebody if their personal webpage is functional, then why would you work with a sponsor that has the same issue? If you're support portal doesn't work, you get zero stars from me. It's unacceptable.

It's time that we stop just "dealing with" large companies that clearly have the resources to develop a website, yet have one that is barely breathing

What was wrong with Anker?? I just bought lots of stuff from them!

In response to ifixit, they need to include on their packaging a warning not to throw away. If not, what they did is illegal.

10 minutes ago, GodAtum said:

What was wrong with Anker?? I just bought lots of stuff from them!

I believe it is because of their Eufy cameras being insecure

2 hours ago, Plouffe said:

Manscaped

Something I think LTT should also do, is look at companies like Manscaped and see how good the product actually is.
I've had horrid luck with Manscaped, and I'm not alone from what I can tell. And I've had friends with similar issues.

Spoiler

stopped accepting a charge, randomly turns on and off

I had a 3.0 and had 2 fail on me, each lasting near 6 months. And that's with not charging it when wet, using it in the shower some but not much, and leaving it in my room, and not a humid environment when not in use.

Spoiler

I replaced them at BestBuy with the protection plan I had so I don't know if it would've been covered by manscaped or how they would've responded. But I feel like it would be blamed on "that's just what happens, there is $10 off a new one!! :)"

It feels okay in the hand, but if it is just made to end up failing on you after 6 months to a year. What's the point?
It's bad for the consumer, it's bad for the wallet, and bad for the planet and I think LTT shouldn't support companies that just mass produce e-waste and put all their money into marketing to become popular.
I recently replaced my manscaped with a philips trimmer, and while I didn't trim "under the belt" with it. It made due with my body hair at least 2x better than my manscaped ever did which has instantly sold me on this trimmer. And they're very similar in terms of pricing.

Spoiler

I just went with philips because I have their toothbrush and have had good luck with customer support

The manscaped trimmer really just feels like something you can get on Amazon for $30, just with a large price tag attached to it instead, and looking better than some of the cheap offerings.
Also, for anyone that has one and is yet to use theirs or something like that. Please note. It is not nick free. Please only use it on sensitive areas with a guard, it needs it. Trust the others that have spilt blood on that. Not worth it to try. I can promise you that.
Just food for thought. Thank you guys for making this video though! Always appreciate LTT for the honesty you guys have.

This whole video sure does feel disingenuous. When a support system allows any tickets to go unanswered and ghost requiring follow up emails sure comes across as broken. Multiple weeks for a response is never acceptable. Multiple times this is down right criminal. US law only protects the customer for a set time period after purchase and so if a customer wanted a refund I could see a manufacturer dragging out a warranty claim until that time passes. (To me this feels as though LMG is realizing that support sucks and they dont want to shred all incoming checks. Far too highly rating brands is a theme in this as ghosting should be an instant disqualification.)

How about repair fixing what is broken on broken product Linus? Sure you tested Jackery and they did amazing! But how about Asus? I have had to RMA a motherboard before with them for a dead socket and they sent back a motherboard that wasn't near what I had before. (I bought an itx z270, and got back an atx z370 because they couldn't fix the bent pins in the connector) (So new cpu, new case potentially required) Not expedited fast by any means but was a solution.  

Bitching at iFixit because of packaging is potentially ridiculous. They could be trying to figure out what broke down and why they failed you to cut operating costs (sending replacements) to offer the best prices they can and stay afloat? They wanted the packaging to be able to tell if they need to use heavier boxes of if they actually messed up the order likely too? Either way that does feel like a fair assessment. (I took delivery of a replacement grill for a car and the box was damaged in shipping significantly) and so I noted to the carrier (I understand not everyone is going to have the time to) but if it had obvious less than perfect box integrity left its not hard to whip out a phone, snap a couple pictures and then open a product up, and show missing parts in the a photo of the contents. I guess that comes from working receiving and carefully checking invoices that this seems more reasonable to me. 

Also what about volume? This is a one case scenario. I would have thought a company the size of LMG could easily have 4 or 5 employees test cases by buying just 1 item that they were already going to order and LMG covering 1/2 or something so as to actually requesting some form of real world replacement support from each brand and all across each brand properly and seeing if experiences vary or if they are consistently good. They could have gotten lucky 5 times over and made the video off of those results. To me it seems like LMG assumes one is all and all is equal to one. Especially in their testing situations there needs to be a group to effectively say we didn't receive / pick the lone best or worst product akin to the silicon lottery in overclocking. Surely parts wont differ in anything and one fail or preform exceptionally 1% of the time, but if it does and they test that 1% unit, are they reliable anymore? 

15 minutes ago, GMCreative said:

This whole video sure does feel disingenuous.

You're totally free to draw your own conclusions about the companies from our results! We presented our reasonings to explain how we felt about the interactions, but if something didn't meet your set of standards then fair enough.

Asus as bad as I remember them. 

Stopped buying their product after having rough experience (aka. none existing technical support) every time I had an issue. None of them where an RMA. All of them where some technical issue either a design flaw or software bug.

edit: Agree that the conclusion/rating is wrong. If the "customer"/LTT need to tell them the solution than it's not their work. That would be a fail in school.

I am confident if they fabricated another issue it would go equally bad making the rating a joke. Want an example? Buy a monitor, use a low cost and long hdmi/DP cable and report that the display turns black in irregular intervals. Real world issue they should be able to catch. 

The issues I had where different nature. Some design flaws took me long to figure out as it's a black box. Some software/bios bugs where such a big problem that I had to dump the product.

For ifixit: Some companies take pictures or video of the packaging station and check this footage if they get reports of missing items. Ifixit request could be the polite hint that it is in the package and might be hidden within the packaging material.

Edited by FlyingPotato_is_taken

People never go out of business.

I'm going to join the Asus bandwagon.  But overall 3 stars for just a tech support issue that they didn't even really solve doesn't really click.  Especially considering there wasno potential for them to also deal with shipping stuff back and forth, like the other items.

My old RMA with them:

I had an old Sabertooth Z77 (3rd gen Intel) with dead ethernet port.  This motherboard came with an included plastic shroud over it to help direct cooling.

Warranty was back and forth, once I got RMA I had to pay to ship it back (~$30ish to ship it back then with insurance).  Got it back several weeks later WITHOUT the plastic shroud.  Was told it was an 'accessory' that I shouldn't have included.  Even though it literally comes attached, I didn't even know it comes off.  Took a five hour phone call to finally get them to send me it back.

And the punchline? Ethernet port died again 100 days later, just out of warranty.

I wish EVGA was into motherboards....

>lies about product missing
>gives company bad review for being suspicious

The ifixit review especially just felt so off to me. You lied about missing an item, but also upset that they were suspicious of you lying?

I also worry that this will just encourage people to lie about missing items.

I've also had a bad experience with Asus.

About 3 years ago I built my first pc with a Ryzen 5 3600, and I was using an Asus B450 Plus motherboard. When I was removing the cooler bracket found on every am4 motherboard I ended up stripping the screw, meaning I had to take a dremmel to my motherboard just so I could install the stock cooler. After that fiasco, 2 or 3 days into my use of the computer, my motherboard also started claiming my storage devices, a 512gb Crucial p2 nvme ssd, and a seagate barricuda 2tb were having issues. I brushed this off as being a fluke, but the issue appeared 2 or 3 more times after that. This was an omen for things to come

Over the next year and a half I randomly had issues where my pc simply wouldn't boot, and would require multiple power cycles to even boot properly. This all culminated with my computer refusing to boot entirely, and when I was actually able to get into windows it crashed 2 minutes later. This basically lead me a rabbit hole of issues, where I tried everything, including reinstalling the OS and reseating every component. After a few days I took the machine to a local repair shop where they deduced the problem was related to motherboard and told me they had checked every component.

I attempted to contact Asus, but I had similar issues to Linus, as discussed in the video. I live in the Republic of Ireland, but my motherboard was bought from Amazon UK. When I was trying to find their support page for the motherboard, I spent a few hours just trying to find it. This is because the UK site kept sending me back to the Irish site, the Irish site kept sending me back to the UK site. The Irish site refused to accept my motherboard part number because it was sold in a different country, the UK site wouldn't let me get in contact with a rep to help fix the issue. After many hours, I managed to get in contact with them. Only for them to tell me I needed to go through Amazon to get a replacement motherboard. Thankfully Amazon treated me well and I got a refund for the board, allowing me to purchase a new b550 board. After installing that, I had the same issue and after about a week of troubleshooting thanks to the help of some people on the LTT forums, the LTT discord, and some family friends we deduced the CPU was dead, which lead down a completely different rabbit hole. All in all my pc was out of commission for between 1-2 months

Now when it comes to down to this story, I cannot say for certain that the motherboard was the issue, since the CPU broke, and I don't have the old motherboard to test this. But what I can say is that my initial experience with the motherboard wasn't very good, and Asus's support wasn't very good either. While it's entirely possible the repair shop I used was mistaken about the cause of the system failure, I know that it's very unusual for a cpu to fail about a year into its operation. I also know that many people recently have had similar issues on Asus motherboards with Ryzen 7000 3d chips, which is very similar to my using 2nd gen Ryzen on a 400 series board. Regardless this issue has made me hesitant to use Asus in the future

Ooh boy, you do a sponsor showdown, but have BestBuy as your sponsor. I bought a Segway scooter from them last week, only to find out multiple agents outright lied to me about the repairs program, as well as protection plan I was getting (I have chat logs for both). I tried cancelling the order before it was shipped (contacted BestBuy), contacted their shipping partner (OnTrac), but the package was still delivered to god knows where and now, they're still finding the package. If you're going to evaluate sponsors, you should probably evaluate the one you guys are currently working with.

Edit- here are the logs.

Spoiler

Chat #1: Lied about the return window + what I was getting

You: I recently spoke to a rep but had to exit the call. They sent me an invoice to my email, but the link isn't working. Can you help me out? My name is *** Jalan; email is ***; and phone numbers ***

Customer Care agent: Thank you for contacting Best Buy Sales. My name is ***. How may I assist you today?

Customer Care agent: Thank you for the verification details.

Customer Care agent: Do you want to place the order?

You: The link isn't working; can you try sending me the purchase link here?

You: Here's the link I have; is there a different one? https://www.bestbuy.com/ihc/invoice/c3c6f029-593d-4460-9922-2c8fd4f102be/review

Customer Care agent: Please provide the SKU of the item.

You: 6541285

Customer Care agent: Thank you for the SKU.

Customer Care agent: Would you like to prefer shipping or store pickup.

You: Shipping

Customer Care agent: Please confirm the shipping address ***.

You: Yep, that's the one

Customer Care agent: Thank you.

Customer Care agent: I have sent a secure payment link on your email id. Once you click on it, you’ll be redirected to the payment page and you can pay accordingly.

You: The "MY BEST BUY" is a subscription to Best Buy Plus?

Customer Care agent: Yes.

You: I assume its for 1 year and provided to match the return policy at Segway and amazon that I requested?

Customer Care agent: Yes, it will for 1 Year

You: So I can cancel it after placing my order so it doesn't auto-renew and still keep the benefits for a year?

Customer Care agent: Yes, absolutely corret.

You: One more thing- I had asked for a price match to segway.com; can you update the invoice to reflect that?

Customer Care agent: Let me quickly check and help you with the price match.

You: It's $929 over there; $909 after using the new user welcome discount https://store.segway.com/ninebot-kickscooter-max-g2

Customer Care agent: Thank you for the price and competitor link.

Customer Care agent: May I have 2-3 minutes while I check this for you?

You: Sure!

Customer Care agent: Thank you. I appreciate you for being on hold.

Customer Care agent: I have checked the details for you and I am glad to inform you that the item is eligible for price match for $929.99.

You: Sure

Customer Care agent: I have sent a secure payment link on your email id. Once you click on it, you’ll be redirected to the payment page and you can pay accordingly.

You: Awesome; do you mind sticking with me while I order it?

Customer Care agent: Yes, please stay connected on chat.

Customer Care agent: Let me know once the payment is done, I will be happy to stand by on this chat to confirm the order details.

You: Yep; just waiting on the email

You: Just got it! Placing my order now

Customer Care agent: That's sounds good.

Customer Care agent: I hope you are working on the payment link.

You: I'm here; just finding my credit card

Customer Care agent: Please keep responding every 2 minutes.

You: Just bought it

Customer Care agent: Congratulations! I have successfully placed the order and here's the order number: ***. You'll receive an email confirmation shortly.

Customer Care agent: I wish you unbox happiness once you receive it.

You: How do I stop bestbuy plus from renewing??

You: Hmm- I thought the order included bestbuy plus?

You: The one year free thing we discussed earlier

Customer Care agent: I have check and see that your account does not have any membership.

You: > The "MY BEST BUY" is a subscription to Best Buy Plus?

Customer Care agent: The my BestBuy is a for standard customers.

Customer Care agent: You can become a My Best Buy member. You get free shipping with no minimum purchase.

Customer Care agent: You can become a My Best Buy member. You get free shipping with no minimum purchase.

You: I don't mean to be accusatory, but you confirmed the included "MY BEST BUY" is a subscription to Best Buy Plus and was being included as a way to offer me a return policy similar to Amazon/ Bestbuy earlier. I made my purchase on that assumption that if there were issues with the scooter, I'd have 30 days to return it.

Customer Care agent: My apologies, I think they was little bit confusion.

Customer Care agent: No worries, with My BestBuy you will get 15 days return and exchange.

You: That's not the point.

You: This feels kinda deceptive 😞

Customer Care agent: If you want to return the scooter you can come on chat with us again and we will be glad to help you with the return.

Customer Care agent: Please accept my sincere apologies.

You: But the idea was to have a longer time to return it; like amazon and segway allow me to do.

Customer Care agent: No worries, wherever you want to return the scooter please feel free to come on chat and we will be glad to help you.

You: So I can return it within 30 days and use this chat as a reference?

You: Ideally; there'll be nothing wrong and I won't have to do so; I just want that peace of mind you know?

Customer Care agent: Need not worry, you will receive the best scooter.

Chat #2: Lied about in store repairs

Virtual agent: Hi, I'm Best Buy's chatbot. I'm here 24/7 to answer most questions. Or I can find the right person to help. Ask me a question or choose one of these Order Status, Cancel an Order, Change Shipping or Pickup, Price Match.

You: human

Virtual agent: I can transfer you to a live agent. To help me connect you to the right person ASAP, please let me know which most closely matches your issue. My Orders or Account, Product I own, Shopping for a product.

You: My Orders or Account

Virtual agent: A live agent will be happy to help you.

Select the button below when you're ready to chat. Chat with an agent.

Customer Care agent: Hi ***! How are you doing? Thanks for contacting Best Buy! My name is ***. How can I help you today?

You: Is there a geek squad protection plan that I can buy for order ***?

Customer Care agent: Oh hello there, ***! Sure! We can go check on this for you and help you with the options. I too do want to make sure my items are protected. First off, to pull up your account, is *** the email you're using?

You: Yep

Customer Care agent: Perfect. Thanks for confirming, ***. We do have our service agent who can help you add a protection plan to your order. I'll connect you to them now. Please stay on the chat.

Customer Care agent: Thanks for contacting Geek Squad! thanks for your patience my name is Shawn as I see that you have just been transferred to me. May I please have 2-3 minutes to review the start of this chat?

You: Sure!

Customer Care agent: Thank you for staying online.

Customer Care agent: If I understand this correctly you are looking to add protection plan to your scooter. Am I correct?

You: Yep!

Customer Care agent: Sure, I will help you with that.

Customer Care agent: I am really sorry to inform you that as I checked we are not offering protection plan for scooters 😞

You: What about this? https://www.bestbuy.com/site/2-year-geek-squad-product-replacement/5334402.p?skuId=5334402

Customer Care agent: Both are different models, it depends on the type model, because for your scooter manufacturer is offering 2 year warranty with the product that is the reason there is no extended warranty for the scooter.

You: Lemme put it this way- I'd rather go to you guys for issues than Segway 😛

You: From what I've read, their customer service leaves a lot to be desired

Customer Care agent: Under manufacture warranty we do offer repair services for your scooter.

You: Would I need to buy that protection plan for you guys to offer repair services?

Customer Care agent: If you face any issues in future you can visit any nearby best buy store ad get it repaired under warranty.

You: Or is that something I get just by shopping at bestbuy.com?

Customer Care agent: As we are not offering protection plan for the scooter, under manufacture warranty we will repair the scooter for you.

You: So that means I can come to you guys to have it fixed? No extra protection plan required?

Customer Care agent: Yes, that is correct 🙂

You: Awesome! Also; what's the typical turn around time for repairs? Lets say the brakes need to be tightened- how long would my scooter be out of action for?

Customer Care agent: usually it takes 1 to 2 days for major repairs, if it is the minor repair it will be repaired on same day.

Customer Care agent: Is there anything else I can help you with?

You: That's it; thanks a lot!

Customer Care agent: You're welcome!

Edited by Spotty
Placed in spoiler tag

Usually I at least see some sensible argument about how things are handled at LMG, but this... 

I just can't wrap my head around it. Asus was confronted with an simple issue. Aside from the issues of getting their fricking contact details, they are unable to diagnose an issue (that has to be found early into the most basic troubleshooting) over two calls and 55 minutes on the phone. In what world does a train wreck of a customer experience like that constitute 3 stars? What the actual f... Everything about that is straight up unacceptable. 

Edit: Getting to the solution by literally spoonfeeding them the answer word by word should obviously be a fail. Calling that a solution provided by Asus is bull crap. 

I used to trust LTT/LMG way more than any other company. Probably more than all but a handful of people. But this rating alone, shattered that trust - that was built and nutured over years of quality content and transparency - within minutes. 

Was there maybe some vital context cut? As is, that rating is utterly unjustifiable given the information in the video. I rewatched the Asus part 3 times, because I was sure I missed something, that makes this rating for the crap show by Asus not a gross misrepresentation. There is zero justification given for anything but 1 star (or 0 depending on the scale). With the information given in the video, it is pretty much impossible to not see this as pure dishonesty. That's a first for me and I'm absolutely shocked. 

If that's your standard, any endorsement by LMG is utterly worthless. If that mentality transfers to lttstore.com noone should touch that store, not even poke it with a 10 foot pole. 

There just has to be some kind of mayor discussion on WAN about this showing objective reasons for LTT to not lose believability and reliability over this. 

Edited by dcpdev

19 minutes ago, dcpdev said:

wreck of a customer experience like that constitute 3 stars? What the actual f... Everything about that is straight up unacceptable. 

Because ASUS is the primary sponsor of LTT. Out of any computer company, ASUS shells out the most money to them. Take a look at the LTT Expo page, ASUS is the top booth.

asus mobos.

i simple refuse to buy.

its the curse product from a manf for me.

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

The ASUS rating made this whole video completely untrustworthy in my opinion. It made no sense whatsoever. Really a poor showing for LTT where they could have done some good honest work here.

EDIT: Considering that LTT wants to create a database of good and bad sponsors, the ASUS rating puts the validity of that entire project into question. Linus reiterates at the end of the video that they strive to be trustworthy with these sponsor reviews, but as a first effort this is even more of a bad look than I originally realized.

Edited by EvilTelephone

38 minutes ago, dogwitch said:

asus mobos.

i simple refuse to buy.

its the curse product from a manf for me.

Are any of the options actually good? That should be a video. 

I don’t usually use the term buffoonery when it comes to LTT videos but boy was that ASUS score UTTER BUFFOONERY, like Prime cut choice buffoonery. 
it should have been at most a 2. 

Ryzen 5600X | EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ULTRA | 32GB Corsair Vengeance RAM

2 hours ago, dcpdev said:

There just has to be some kind of mayor discussion on WAN about this showing objective reasons for LTT to not lose believability and reliability over this. 

Thats what sucks, is this will just be some discussion with Linus not taking accountability on WAN and saying why they scored them that and saying case shut. I am with you, I stopped watching the video after that review because what the hell? If this truly is some conspiracy about them not wanting to anger ASUS, why review them AT ALL?!

for the record, I don’t buy into that whole them not wanting to give Asus a 1 because they’re a big sponsor but the score makes no sense, so what’s the deal?

Ryzen 5600X | EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ULTRA | 32GB Corsair Vengeance RAM

My first experience with Ugreen was horrible. I purchased their plug and play bluetooth 5.3 adaptor from amazon (picture included) and was getting horrible latency with it. After looking around online it turns out the driver it uses by default is from 2006 that will only run Bluetooth 3.0. There is no driver you can download for it from their webpage, even if you contact support. They are essentially selling a product that does not work. There are tons of recent reviews on the amazon page citing the same issue with no response from seller. Hope we can see this resolved.

Screenshot_1.png

Can someone explain to me, a person who has not upgraded since 1070ti, what's the issue here? As far as I know Rush wanted to connect 2x 8pin into the GPU without using the adaptor? In the quick start guide, it shows the 3 plug adapter so wouldn't any normies like me just plug in 3 x 8pin and have no issue? Am I missing something?

Also, I feel people here are over reacting with the 3 stars. Honestly the stars are pretty meaningless and the video already shows how ill equipped the CS rep is. Saying LTT is being shady here is imo unreasonable.  They already showed you all the terrible things from ASUS. I think people (again) are just unhappy that Linus is not on the rage wagon. Same with nvidia, same with Intel. 

10 hours ago, swimtome said:

But overall 3 stars for just a tech support issue that they didn't even really solve doesn't really click.

8 hours ago, dcpdev said:

In what world does a train wreck of a customer experience like that constitute 3 stars?

Linus must have used the Amazon star rating system. /s

image.png

I guess the only redeeming thing about Asus is that they did actually stay on the call for 40 minutes trying to help the customer and from what was shown in the video they did seem polite and professional (despite not being able to solve the problem). It should not have taken that long though. Support should have been able to answer questions about connecting the power cables pretty quickly. "Which model of graphics card do you have?... I see that your model uses the 16pin connector. You will need to use a 16pin connector from your power supply if it features it or use the included adapter cable and plug in all 3 PCIe connectors on the adapter. References to the 8pin PCIe connectors are not applicable to your model. If your power supply does not have enough PCIe cables to use the adapter you will need a new power supply. For the RTX 4080 we recommend 850W or higher"

I do have to agree with people that Asus was not given the same treatment the others were.

• *Breaks DBrand screen protector by jumping on it*
  • *Scratches UGreen charger*
  • *Pries at the USB port on the Jackery with a screwdriver*
  • *Thanos snaps the iFixit tools out of existence*
  • *Reads the Asus manual* 

... Like... What? You couldn't understand the manual that's it?

It's disappointing that LTT decided to only test Asus technical support instead of testing their warranty support like they did for all other manufacturers. Should have manufactured an issue with the card such as unplugging the fan header and complaining that the fans on the GPU weren't working and that it was overheating. Something that would have actually resulted in sending the card back to Asus and testing their warranty procedure.

From the numerous complaints about Asus in the LMG sponsor complaint thread from what I've seen most of the complaints have been around warranty returns with Asus losing people's products, damaging them, or replacing them with incompatible parts such as the experience @GMCreative shared above. Seems disingenuous to take those complaints from people about bad warranty support and then say that you tested Asus without actually testing the thing people were actually complaining about.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450