Grades vs. where you are at now.

WillFromGA

What were your grades is high school (Ages 14 - 18)? And What are you doing for a living now?

You don't need to give exact numbers but just a "good enough" will suffice.

My Computer

Beef Cake

Intel i5 4690k @ 3.5GHz - EVGA 970 FTW - ASRock Z97 Extreme3 - Kingston HyperX Fury 8Gb 1866MHz - 120GB Samsung Evo - 1TB Toshiba Drive - 320GB Samsung Barracuda - Corsair 500M

B+ ish grades to A- ishgrades at my best... I make YouTube videos

Did you take any honors or above classes? Did you exceed in math?

My Computer

Beef Cake

Intel i5 4690k @ 3.5GHz - EVGA 970 FTW - ASRock Z97 Extreme3 - Kingston HyperX Fury 8Gb 1866MHz - 120GB Samsung Evo - 1TB Toshiba Drive - 320GB Samsung Barracuda - Corsair 500M

linus replied to off topic random post, WAT???????????

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Does almost being out of highschool count? Because I got the alphabet for grades.. :lol:

Haha that's not good. But Yea. That counts. I'm just curious if grades actually count towards a job.

My Computer

Beef Cake

B-C in high school, I just graduated from college with 3.88. I'm a respiratory therapist on it's way to study more starting next year.

Currently my average exam score is 96%. But I fear it's going down to 95% soon... DAMN YOU WORLD GEOGRAPHY 

I'm a Junior in HS still. I'm literally at the point that if I pass then it's good enough. I either want to do something with computers or go to trade school and be a welder. I think grades are ridiculous. Go to school and be forced to memorize meaningless crap that will never help me. I've had senioritis since like 2nd grade. But I work 30 hours a week for a family that owns two restaurants, so I'll probably be there for a few years while I'm in college

I feel the same way. I'm a senior in high school now and if you ask me something from last semester, I would bet money that I forgot it. High school is all about memorization.

My Computer

Beef Cake

Straight A's in high school until I was kicked out. Do pretty well for myself now.

Describe kicked out?

My Computer

Beef Cake

B+ ish grades to A- ishgrades at my best... I make YouTube videos

kiss me

Eh, A's, B's, and some C's. Still got a couple of weeks left as a high school student before a couple of months left until I start going to uni. Is "uni" a UK slang term? Googled it, apparently it is.

Still have no idea what career I want to go into.

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

Describe kicked out?

I was suspended and police contacted for "hacking" school computers and publishing a tool that allowed students to reset staff and other students passwords and circumvent all the restrictions on the school PCs. So that went on my otherwise clean record.

Then I blew up a melon under a teachers car. So yea, bye bye school.

I did much, much worse things but I was very well liked by teachers and students and had a knack for avoiding trouble. Even with the aforementioned "hacking" tool, I never kept it secret. I had a big webpage for it with my name on it, I showed all of my teachers and they all turned a blind eye. It was only when a good few hundred people started downloading it that more senior staff got involved. 

I feel the same way. I'm a senior in high school now and if you ask me something from last semester, I would bet money that I forgot it. High school is all about memorization.

I'm a Junior in HS still. I'm literally at the point that if I pass then it's good enough. I either want to do something with computers or go to trade school and be a welder. I think grades are ridiculous. Go to school and be forced to memorize meaningless crap that will never help me. I've had senioritis since like 2nd grade. But I work 30 hours a week for a family that owns two restaurants, so I'll probably be there for a few years while I'm in college

Enjoy it while it last hahaha

Straight A s

I feel like a show off when people ask me that :\

I wouldnt feel so bad if i was failing :P

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I was suspended and police contacted for "hacking" school computers and publishing a tool that allowed students to reset staff and other students passwords and circumvent all the restrictions on the school PCs. So that went on my otherwise clean record.

I did much, much worse things but I was very well liked by teachers and students and had a knack for avoiding trouble. Even with the aforementioned "hacking" tool, I never kept it secret. I had a big webpage for it with my name on it, I showed all of my teachers and they all turned a blind eye. It was only when a good few hundred people started downloading it that more senior staff got involved.

Haha that made my night.

My Computer

Beef Cake

lol, that is pure gold. 

did it look like this after? 

Watermelon+car+outside.jpg

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

around C-B on most subject but A on math (but now I forgot most of them except those I use daily. I'm not liked in highschool I normally keep to my self and have a blast at night with drinks and women.

I work on Cad house/building.

Business would be a store retailer (on selected brands that I prefer). sideline work are 3d animation and Photography

Live your life like a dream.

Haha that's not good. But Yea. That counts. I'm just curious if grades actually count towards a job.

not really. you just need to study enough that you know enough for the important stuff daily.

the thing you "might want is" Patience, Passion to what you want or doing and the "Desire to want it so badly".

Live your life like a dream.

I got the alphabet.

Done groundwork/ gardening/ Armed Forces/ unemployed right now, but may be working for a pharmaceutical company soon.

I have had a rather shit past, my own strength has got me where i am, which i dunno if is far?

Meh, my life is what it is.

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW

I get the equivalent to B and B- most of the time.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

Mostly a's a few b's and one d my freshman yr which happened to be in typing of all things. I am in management now in corporate america, so I am just a disposable number. I am good at quite a few things but don't have papers saying I am good, I should go back to school to get papers to say I am good but school just bores me so bad.

"Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response."

Arthur M. Schlesinger

Eh, I usually average about A's and A-'s to B's (Dang it AP US History!) as a junior in high school. I hardly put any effort into it, so does that count? I also rank 6th in my class. :/

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

I had a 3.84 when I graduated Highschool.

Have one more year in college with a major in Computer Science and have already completed minors in Management Information Systems and 3D applications programming. Current GPA is 3.25. 

Things could be better though with getting a job, Im in a weird valley right now where I don't have the experience for upper level positions yet I am overqualified for entry level positions. It seems like you cant win with hiring managers. :(