Cooler Master Introduces The VSM Series Power Supplies

4960X

Cooler_Master_V750.jpg

The Cooler Master Gold Guarantee standard means that, no matter what, we believe in our new line of 80 PLUS Gold power supplies to be the best choice for your next build. While we stand behind all of our products with warranty coverage, technical support, replacements, and parts services, the Gold Guarantee takes it to the next level with full support and replacement on our dime for 5 years - giving you extreme confidence in quality and performance.

http://www.relaxedtech.com/news/2014/cooler-master-introduces-the-vsm-series-power-supplies/

Sexy looking PSUs. I wanna see some reviews on it before grabbing one.

WHHHOOOO CARES!!!

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

Who is the OEM for these?

Intel Core i7-5930K | Noctua NH-D15S | ASUS X99-M WS | 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V 2666MHz | MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G | Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Seasonic 660XP2 | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV

LG 34UM95-P w/ Ergotron MX  | O2/ODAC | Audioengine A5+ w/ AS8 | Sennheiser HD 598 | Ducky Shine 3 | Cooler Master Storm Spawn

The grille reminds me of the radeon 295x2...looking good. they seem pretty confident about about the product as well

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

Who is the OEM for these?

I'm not sure about this specific model but I know when I sent in a mail in rebate for my CoolerMaster V700 I got a check back from SeaSonic so I'd guess SeaSonic makes these as well. 

I'm not sure about this specific model but I know when I sent in a mail in rebate for my CoolerMaster V700 I got a check back from SeaSonic so I'd guess SeaSonic makes these as well. 

That's why I ask. If Seasonic is, in fact, the OEM for these as well, I will be very interested.

Intel Core i7-5930K | Noctua NH-D15S | ASUS X99-M WS | 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V 2666MHz | MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G | Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Seasonic 660XP2 | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV

LG 34UM95-P w/ Ergotron MX  | O2/ODAC | Audioengine A5+ w/ AS8 | Sennheiser HD 598 | Ducky Shine 3 | Cooler Master Storm Spawn

That's why I ask. If Seasonic is, in fact, the OEM for these as well, I will be very interested.

The OEM for the regular V series is Seasonic with their KM3 platform, so their X series (X650).

If they didn't change the specs then it'll be another good line of power supplies.

EDIT:

Based on the capacitor photo we can assume the specs aren't completely unchanged since they show a panasonic capacitor, while the KM3 used only Hitachi and Nippon capacitors according to JonnyGuru.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

Seasonic definitely makes the V series, it's based off of their X series (X650).

Not sure if this is the same power supply series or not but it looks awfully similar.

@Hyp0xia

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

Semi modular makes sense if you ask me. There are some cables all systems need. On higher end PSU's though it's nice to have it all fully modular.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Semi modular :(

Honestly semi modular makes more sense to me. In what scenario would someone NOT want a 24pin and CPU power?

And is there enough of these scenarios occurring for it to be worth adding extra potential failure points and price?

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.

Honestly semi modular makes more sense to me. In what scenario would someone NOT want a 24pin and CPU power?

And is there enough of these scenarios occurring for it to be worth adding extra potential failure points and price?

Well if you want to do custom sleeving or buy aftermarket cables that are sleeved it's a nice option to have fully modular. Or if you need to take out the psu for some reason it is a nice convenience.

WHHHOOOO CARES!!!

What is providing power to your computer?  Do you have an R9 290X hooked up to a mini thermal nuclear reactor?

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

Wow these look nice i hope the oem is seasonic they do look alot like seasonics platinum series really wish they were fully modular for custom sleeved cables :(

post-1006-0-38032700-1400084555_thumb.jp

I don't think the OEM is Seasonic. Maybe Enhance Electronics, same like their VS series psu

I don't know about america but here in Norway these have been for sale for a long time, I even have one myself;)

So I guess I can say its is great:D (In case of noise at least)

EHEM guys

THAT is not new, i have one for 4 months now CM v650s, they might be just new in NA, they are similar to the v series.

The fan spins all the time, but is whisper quiet (, it is very cool even under load, no isues even after a few days of constant gaming on a lan party, i really love it

http://www.gamezoom.net/artikel/Cooler_Master_VS_Series_V650S_Test_Review-29392-0

the review is in german, i am sorry, there were no english ones when i was shopping. it is a "downgraded" V ( full modular ) / corsair AX unit made by seasonic, so far so good, not a single issue.

The only thing that was weird for me is that it makes a click on startup and a click on shut down, 90% of the time it's dead quiet, max fan speed is 1800 rpm, at 100% load, but it is 600 rpm up to 50%. Oh yea it's a single 12V rail, 3d circuit design, SATA and Molex are modular, at least on my model i don't know about the 750w, i believe they have the 2nd PCIe detachable 

Since i am european the efficiency is better and over 92% at 50%, 110v users have 90%, the PSU is has standard connections ( the 2 PCIe 6+2 pins are on the same wire, personally i love that ) 

All in all i switched 3 corsair TX 650 PSU-s and i could not be more happy with this one!!

cheers!

System

CPU: i7 4770kMotherboard: Asus Maximus VI HeroRAM: HyperX KHX318C9SRK4/32 - 32GB DDR3-1866 CL9 / GPU: Gainward Geforce GTX 670 Phantom Case: Cooler Master HAF XBStorage: 1 TB WD BluePSU: Cooler Master V-650sDisplay(s): Dell U2312HM, LG194WT, LG E1941

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15Keyboard: Logitech G710+Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus SpectrumSound: Focusrite 2i4 - USB DAC / OS: Windows 7 (still holding on XD)

SOME ONE WHHHOOOO NEEDS A PSU!!!

the point is that there are plenty of other PSUs out there, just saying.

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

What is providing power to your computer?  Do you have an R9 290X hooked up to a mini thermal nuclear reactor?

srry for not multi replying, but, like I said to the other person. there are so many other options out there, who cares about another generic PSU when there are a dozen other options that are possibly better. just saying.

I don't know about america but here in Norway these have been for sale for a long time, I even have one myself;)

So I guess I can say its is great:D (In case of noise at least)

Actually, these models are updated from the VS series that has been out in other regions. The big part is the 100% japanese capacitors in these, whereas the previous iterations didn't (as far as I know)

Cooler Master USA representing! Looking for help? Head to the CM Fanzone to get in touch with the Customer Support team!