YouTube uses new "feedback polls" to improve recommended videos

Anthony10

Now I'm not sure if this is good enough for tech news, if it is a repost, ect.

I use youtube all the time, and I just noticed today on the default page (What to watch) it is now giving you questions like for example, "Do you like the band Rise Against?" Yes or No. And then it uses that to help generate videos that you might like on the what to watch.

Good job youtube and sorry if this shouldnt be in this section or if it is a repost and that there is no article.

Do you maybe have a screen shot of that stuff? Because I've refreshed a few times now and I haven't gotten any questions like that yet.

it's an interesting idea though, currently most of the stuff on my What to Watch page is just crap that I either have already watched or don't want to watch.

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

Do you maybe have a screen shot of that stuff? Because I've refreshed a few times now and I haven't gotten any questions like that yet.

it's an interesting idea though, currently most of the stuff on my What to Watch page is just crap that I either have already watched or don't want to watch.

If it happens again I'll screenshot and post, so far I have gotten 3:

"Do you like Corsair Memory?"

"Do you like the band Rise Against?"

"Do you like Minecraft?"

My father Browses some times on my PC and they always recommend me " Best News Bloopers" and "Banned Condom Commercials" although i have safety enabled, so, imagine what he has to say .

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

My father Browses some times on my PC and they always recommend me " Best News Bloopers" and "Banned Condom Commercials" although i have safety enabled, so, imagine what he has to say .

You should probably unsubscribe to distractify or amazinglife247 :P

I feel like this is going to end badly.

It might seem good for now, but I have a bad feeling about it.

I can be a cynical a**hole at times. I apologize if I cause any offence at those time. I also occasionally have issues communicating my point. Extreme introversion + Photographic memory + Some other things.

Desktop: i5-4670k - 8gb 1600MHz - MSI 7850

Laptop: i7-4810QM - GTX 870m - 8gb RAM

I don't have that. I only have the standard "Hey we thought you might like this *some shit channel* " recommendations.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

You should probably unsubscribe to distractify or amazinglife247 :P

that's the problem, i'm not even sub into any of the channels that show that content and they keep recommending it

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

Meh, it's nice for them to ask but I still manually remove things from my view history if I click on a video I didn't like or watch something that recommends too much of the same i.e. if you try to watch a Megadeth video youtube immediately goes bonkers and start recommending tons and tons of Megadeth videos, usually of newer crap I have no interest in, along with Metallica stuff. So whenever I want to watch the wake up dead video I manually remove it from my watched history.

-------

Current Rig

-------