what makes your setup different?

mclainlk

Someone who puts their IQ in their signature is accusing me of having a superiority complex? Now, that's rich.

See, the thing is... I didn't. You misread. :)

As for being rich? I never said I didn't have one too!  But my point is, yeah, you've got a problem, you should at least admit it like I do. :)

~edit~

Why does this guy remind me of sour bill in the movie "wreck it ralph"?

I am a female pc hardware expert and enthusiast, over 170 IQ, been in the tech scene since the 80s. get over it.  This message brought to you by me being tired of people which have problems with any of those things.   ~Jaqie Fox

-=|Fighting computer ignorance since 1995|=-

See, the thing is... I didn't. You misread. :)

As for being rich? I never said I didn't have one too!  But my point is, yeah, you've got a problem, you should at least admit it like I do. :)

~edit~

Why does this guy remind me of sour bill in the movie "wreck it ralph"?

Someone who puts their IQ in their signature is accusing me of having a superiority complex? Now, that's rich.

calm down guys no need to get hostile we are all just people that have an interest in computers no need to fight over petty stuff

current build and total cost   http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/150083-thrift-shop-build/

I apologize for my crappy English I'm American

My Hyundai RAM and my 

Nvidia Geforce GT 640 OEM GDDR5 version: 954 mHz core / 5GHz QDR GDDR5 128-bit w/ GK107 384:32:16 core config

Maybe my Gateway keyboard as well. Circa 2003.

calm down guys no need to get hostile we are all just people that have an interest in computers no need to fight over petty stuff

not a guy

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay not trying to fight here :/

I am a female pc hardware expert and enthusiast, over 170 IQ, been in the tech scene since the 80s. get over it.  This message brought to you by me being tired of people which have problems with any of those things.   ~Jaqie Fox

not a guy

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay not trying to fight here :/

I didn't mean guys as in the gender I just thought it would sound nicer than people? and when I talk to two or more people guys is just the first thing that pops into my head to signify that I'm talking to the group

current build and total cost   http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/150083-thrift-shop-build/

I apologize for my crappy English I'm American

AHA! I just realized what definitely makes my system unique.

I just about guarantee that when I write this I am the only person in the world who has a core 2 quad q9650 with an EVGA superclock tower heatsink, with a scythe SFF21F SFDB fan on it!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835288001

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835185006

I have several policies put into place when I build my PCs, including:

• Functionality always comes before aesthetics.
  • Steel and aluminum cases only. The less plastic, the better. Build quality matters.
  • No i7s. I hate when people buy the i7 over the i5 for gaming simply because 7 is the higher number.
  • I buy K series processors because I don't like the notion of being locked down, but I don't overclock because cool temperatures and rock-solid stability are more important to me.
  • No liquid cooling. Though I experimented with AIO solutions for a brief while, nothing is quieter than air cooling. Liquid cooling is masturbatory.
  • No more than 16GB RAM. Putting in unnecessary amounts of RAM is like writing "n00b" on your own forehead.
  • No masturbatory high speed RAM kits. I focus on tight timings more than high clock speeds because I prefer a cool, stable system over bragging rights.
  • I only populate two RAM slots. I know people who elect to populate all RAM slots for aesthetic purposes and couldn't care less about stability or their IMC.
  • I won't touch SLI or CrossFire. Like liquid cooling, I find it masturbatory.
  • I won't touch RAID-0. Sacrificing reliability for speed is something only idiots do.
  • I run my Samsung 840 Pro SSDs in reliability mode and refuse to use RAPID mode. Again, the stability of my system is more important to me than e-peen.
  • I run Corsair RM series power supply units because coil whine drives me nuts.
  • I don't get ridiculously overkill wattages. I prefer not to sacrifice the efficiency of my unit and wear the n00b badge that is buying an overkill PSU.
  • I run all my fans at their lowest speed setting because I prefer not to sit next to a jet engine.
  • All my case lighting is white because it has a classy look and doesn't make my machine look like a fourteen-year-old's Call of Duty box.
  • For Chrissakes, no case badges!
  • I use IPS and PLS displays. Color accuracy and viewing angles are more important to me because I do more than just play FPS games all day every day.
  • I use Ducky Shine Cherry MX brown mechanical keyboards with white backlighting. I love Ducky because their keyboards look like keyboards, not Billy's World of Warcraft monstrosity with a hundred useless keys

1. To an extent. Agreed.

2. Well, unless they have terrible build quality and cable routing, yes, no one likes flimsy plastic.

3. +1

4. Finally someone who thinks the way I do. Not buying -K in hopes of getting a golden CPU, instead just to leave that option open.

5. Yeah. Liquid requires too much maintenance and checkup.

6. No more than 16GB ram, unless someone actually needs it. 

7. Depends. FM2+ and Haswell both like 1866 RAM, the former needing frequency more than timings. But yeah, minimal differences most cases.

8. +1000. Plus there's no upgrade path if you fill all the slots.

9. Single GPU > Dual GPU unless drivers show us otherwise.

10. +1. I don't see why anyone needs RAID unless they actually move extremely large files on an extremely regular basis. Even then it doesn't make sense, the drive is still getting a lot of writes and less endurance.

11. RAPID mode doesn't really affect stability; I think that's TurboWrite and RAPID combined that does that.

12. Do you not get coil whine on RM? A lot of users do.

13. 80+ GOLD MASTER RACE

14. Me too. Couldn't agree more. Half the "silent" products on the market I find too loud.

15. White always #1. Ensures that it looks good with any component, in both pics and real life.

17. Can't seem to understand the craze over 2ms $250+ TN panels these days; IPS panels are good enough for most.

18. I think you'll like Das Keyboard's stuff. Now that's what a professional uses.

I have an electronic cigarette sticking out the top of my rig all the time

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | Cooler: Stock | RAM: 16GB Hyper Fury X RGB | GPU: RTX 2080 Super FTW3 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite| PSU: Corsair RM850x
Storage: WD SN750 500GB / 850 500GB Samsung Evo /  | CASE: 570X | Display: Dell u2414h  | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: Corsair M65

You're fighting an uphill battle here... figuritive, of course. I would save it for Off Topic if you really want to get into it. I think that this dude was refering more twowrds the fact that if there is a mixed group of people, you woud say "hey guys", if there were guys and girls, and it doesn't help the fact that you are the only female member on this forum that is active that I have seen, and this a giant rarity on LTT, so... yeah. I'm not trying to be an ass here, but you might be over reacting a bit. And at the end of the day, what is anybody gonna do, caps lock each other to death?

I think you misconstrued my post rather severely....

The first sentence was just a side note.

The second was my main focus, just that I wasn't trying to stir crap up, just chatting about on the forum.

It sucks, but not THAT much, it's a 2010 iMac and I can play Bioshock Infinite a whopping 480p low!

- "some salty pretzel bun fanboy" ~ @helping, 2014
- "Oh shit, watch out guys, we got a hopscotch bassass here..." ~ @vinyldash303

- "Yes the 8990 is more fater than the 4820K and as you can see this specific Video card comes with 6GB" ~ Alienware 2014

There are many like it but this one is mine!

I don't know. I haven't seen anyone on this forum using the same mouse and keyboard that I have so I would say that is the only thing that makes difference.

I have a frankenstein Hewlett-Packard desktop from 2007 as my daily driver.

- Upgraded from Intel 3100 to an EVGA GTX 750 Ti SuperClocked.

- Upgraded case fan from stock to a VanTech Thermoflow.

- Upgraded OS from Windows Vista to Windows 8.1 Pro.

- Upgraded CPU paste from stock to Arctic Silver 5.

hmmm lets see. 

I made my own esc key cap,

I made the keyboard that i put that key cap on,

I changed switches in my mouse (switches keep dying in it),

I shortened the usb cable to my mouse by about 4 inches (stone carving fell broke and cut usb cable during an earth quake),

I replaced the top panel in my case with brass,

I rewired my front audio in the case (came missing a wire from corsair),

I made a custom base for one of my monitor stands

Definitely the case and industrial fittings...

3930k | RIVBE | 32GB Dominator Plat. | Titan XP | Intel 750 1.6TB | Mellanox 10Gb NIC | AX1200i 

Custom TJ07 | 2xD5 pumps | EK Supremacy EVO | EK Titan XP | EK RIVBE Block | Cu Tubing | 25x120mm Rad

Samsung U28D590D 4K | Leopold Otaku w/Browns | Corsair M65 | Corsair SP2500 | Sennheiser HD595

• I buy K series processors because I don't like the notion of being locked down, but I don't overclock because cool temperatures and rock-solid stability are more important to me.
  • No liquid cooling. Though I experimented with AIO solutions for a brief while, nothing is quieter than air cooling. Liquid cooling is masturbatory.

Watercooling is not quieter than air cooling whaaaa? maybe for AIOs, but even AIOs with pwm fans can be silent. esp noctuas.

U seem super uptight about stability. u buy a k series but u dont overclock yet you criticize people who buy unnecessary  ram and psu, seems a bit hypocritical. 

anyway there's nothing wrong with it. I just had to write this out to help me stop cringing.

I got Lego sets on my desk.

Also a hundred 5/10 cent coins.

My setup has just one pack of emergency food ration on top of the case (right now 1 unopened pack and one almost emptied one, so 2 of them), waiting to be eaten (in case no food in house and no money to buy some). Other than that, nothing special, really.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

I have an ennermax ostrog case in white don't see too many of them about and that's about to be modded with air intake holes on the front panel

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

post-42526-0-04677900-1399975176_thumb.j

My Pacifico hat. It covers the cord for my speakers, so I don't need to look at an ugly white cord stick out of my case.

post-42526-0-44940000-1399975301_thumb.j

Also, my little Umbreon and Mudkip. My two favorite Pokémon, who guard my Gameboy SP.

Plus I like my Intel stock cooler coaster.

post-42526-0-04677900-1399975176_thumb.j

post-42526-0-44940000-1399975301_thumb.j

My linusschnitzeltips magnet.

@VampireKid :D

yippy

This is what makes mine special:

8KBDm.jpg

Its the black version of the magnet! (and the "smurf")

- teamspeak.ltt-unofficial.com

- teamspeak.ltt-unofficial.net

- teamschnitzel.ltt-unofficial.com

- teamschnitzel.ltt-unofficial.net

cpu: Intel sandybridge-E 3930k @ 4.2Ghz

cooler: corsair h100 @ full speed push-pull

motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Extreme

gpu: 2x EVGA GTX660's & 1x EVGA GTX980

ssd: 2x samsung 256GB 840 pro raid 0

ssd: 1x samsung 1TB 840 evo

hdd: WD green 3TB

hdd: Seagate Barracuda 1TB (st1000dm003)

hdd: Seagate Barracuda 1TB (st31000520as)

psu: corsair ax1200i

ram: 8x 4GB corsair platinum @1866mhz

case: coolermaster cosmos II

monitors Main: 8x LG 22EA53 1080p 60hz

monitor Extra: 1xiiyama prolite G2773Hs 1080p 120hz 27"

keyboard: logitech g19

mouse: corsair m60

Lenovo T550

RaspBerry pi webserver:

Nas:

StatusOffline.

PC straight to the modem/router/switch/DHCP-Server/... with a 20cm (+-8inch) cat6a patch cable because same price as cat5.

ISP: Telenet (belgium)

Speed: 60Down-4Up (+- 45€/month)

ping to there servers: +-8ms

ping to other Belgians: +-12ms

- wheels for cosmos II

I think my color combination for my build, not many people do green and purple. or my desk, I have an executive desk, most people get Ikea's, mine's a Haverty's.