I Bought 10 Weird Keyboards from AliExpress

AdamFromLTT

Have you ever wanted to buy a bunch of the strangest keyboards you find on AliExpress just to try them out? Well now you don’t have to! From lasers to screens, we’ve got 'em all.

That typewriter might use QMK, or some weird chinese software to program it.

its essentially a FUN macropad. that you should be able to program on your own to do what you want

╔═════════════╦═══════════════════════════════════════════╗
║__________________║ hardware_____________________________________________________ ║
╠═════════════╬═══════════════════════════════════════════╣
║ cpu ______________║ ryzen 9 5900x_________________________________________________ ║
║ GPU______________║ ASUS strix LC RX6800xt______________________________________ _║
║ motherboard_______ ║ asus crosshair formulla VIII______________________________________║
║ memory___________║ CMW32GX4M2Z3600C18 ______________________________________║
║ SSD______________║ Samsung 980 PRO 1TB_________________________________________ ║
║ PSU______________║ Corsair RM850x 850W _______________________ __________________║
║ CPU cooler _______ ║ Be Quiet be quiet! PURE LOOP 360mm ____________________________║
║ Case_____________ ║ Thermaltake Core X71 __________________________________________║
║ HDD_____________ ║ 2TB and 6TB HDD ____________________________________________║
║ Front IO__________   ║ LG blu-ray drive & 3.5" card reader, [trough a 5.25 to 3.5 bay]__________║
║ OS_______________ ║ Windows 10 PRO______________________________________________║
╚═════════════╩═══════════════════════════════════════════╝

The single-handed gaming keyboard is actually quite popular within the mobile gaming community, specially in Free Fire.

Sometimes it really shows how out of touch LTT is with non-PC gaming, there are entire products made specifically for Android gaming (powered USB OTG hubs, headset adapters, etc.)

That last keyboard looked really neat in its design, would be very tempted were it not for the price. Anyone know of any similar looking keyboards?

I've been seeing those laser keyboards around for a long time, fun to actually see one in use. I'd never use one but as mentioned it sure would be a cool and functional prop for a movie or something.

Got to say I really dislike these types of videos - they have huge potential and it's just wasted on "Oh wow, we bought something that looked like absolute trash and it was, in fact, absolute trash".
Aliexpress/Taobao/etc have some really niche and quality items that you really can't get elsewhere - but the most popular angle is to always go in and just buy e-waste.

I also feel that showcasing these products is really counterproductive when it comes to LMG's commitment to not producing waste products; you have a wonderful platform and you will drive a lot of traffic to these products, regardless of what is said about them. This traffic could instead be driven towards quality manufacters and products that will not end up in the trash a week or two from now. 

To sum it up for the writer of this video - you clearly have talent, but you can focus in a better direction - Looking at 2-3 quality niche items will always be interesting, a parade of e-waste is just depressing.

Why not let Labs do a virus test on the software? Macro pads don't work well with VIA most of the time.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

17 minutes ago, williamcll said:

Why not let Labs do a virus test on the software? Macro pads don't work well with VIA most of the time.

Because, unless you have the source code, you can never be 100% sure.

3 hours ago, Alcide2023 said:

Because, unless you have the source code, you can never be 100% sure.

What? No. You could just get one of them to run it in a VM and see what happens. I'm sure they've done this before in another vid. Or with the hundreds of parts they could build a PCs and run it to see what happens. VM would be quicker though.

Offtopic question but what shirt does Linus wear in this video and where can i buy it?

3 minutes ago, ppero196 said:

Offtopic question but what shirt does Linus wear in this video and where can i buy it?

"Multi Nep T Shirt" on lttstore.com

https://www.lttstore.com/products/multi-nep-t-shirt

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

That tiny six-key one is used for stuff like Osu! last I checked. Microkeyboards like those are pretty much perfect for various rhythm games. With one more key, I could see that one being useful to emulate something like Beatmania IIDX.

Aside from that, I love weird form-factors like this. Makes me wonder if you could come up with a "proper" version of that laser keyboard where you could indeed do something like pinch-to-scale or customizing the layout. Basically just turn it into a rudimentary pico projector. Kinda like a projector version of that upcoming Flux Keyboard - which looks fascinating, by the way; I hope you review that thing when the time comes.

OWNED CONSOLES [ INTV | NES | SNES | GG | N64 | GBCPS1 | GCN | GBA/GBA SPDC | PS2 | Wii | DS Lite/DSi | Wii U | 3DS/XL/nXL | Switch ] PLANNED ( XSX | Amico ) TV: E420VL + CT-26WX15N

GAMING PC/WORKSTATION [ Aether Case: FD Focus G Mini | CPU: AMD Ryzen 3950X (16c32t @3.5GHz) | GPU: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 @3600MHz | Mobo: Aorus X570 mITX | PSU: SSR-600TL

OS: Win10 Pro | SSD: WD SN750 1TB NVMe | HDD: 4TB WD Black | KB/M: Dell Multimedia USB Hub Keyboard (SK-8135) + Logitech G903 HERO | Display: ASUS VE248H + Dell E177FP | Headset: Corsair Void Pro RGB Wireless

HTPC/HOME SERVER [ Phazon Case: Antec 900 Two | CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black (4c4t @3.67GHz) | GPU: ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB | RAM: 12GB (2x4GB+2x2GB) DDR3 @1400MHz | Mobo: MSI 870A-G54 | PSU: SSR-450PL

OS: Win10 Pro | SSD: Crucial 240GB SATA | HDD: 8TB HGST Ultrastar + 750GB WD Caviar Green + 200 GB Seagate | KB/M: Microsoft Wireless Entertainment Desktop 7000

18 hours ago, IanSzot said:

Sometimes it really shows how out of touch LTT is with non-PC gaming

When have they ever claimed to cater to the mobile gaming community? Their content was always catered to PC gamers.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

13 hours ago, williamcll said:

because that is not something the labs is being setup to do.  

When he is reviewing the H18, Linus references a remote/keyboard product he daily drives that includes gyro mouse functionality from (what I heard) "Sudeiko". I am certain that I am not spelling that correctly. Does anyone know what that product is?

On 6/26/2023 at 7:42 PM, Blacklistbill said:

When he is reviewing the H18, Linus references a remote/keyboard product he daily drives that includes gyro mouse functionality from (what I heard) "Sudeiko". I am certain that I am not spelling that correctly. Does anyone know what that product is?

I've been searching for this info everyewhere and I just can't find it.

On youtube it's been captioned as "sodeco" but it's either incorrect as well or I just suck at googling 😞

On 6/26/2023 at 10:42 AM, Blacklistbill said:

7 hours ago, Zaak said:

I've been searching for this info everyewhere and I just can't find it.

On youtube it's been captioned as "sodeco" but it's either incorrect as well or I just suck at googling 😞

Here you go!

this video convinced me to buy their Full RGB version of the KT68

PXL_20230704_000130752.jpg

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

On 6/28/2023 at 5:28 PM, LMGcommunity said:

Criminy, and that video released in 2011. Still continuing to use it after twelve years is one hell of a seal of approval for both its usability and build quality.

OWNED CONSOLES [ INTV | NES | SNES | GG | N64 | GBCPS1 | GCN | GBA/GBA SPDC | PS2 | Wii | DS Lite/DSi | Wii U | 3DS/XL/nXL | Switch ] PLANNED ( XSX | Amico ) TV: E420VL + CT-26WX15N

GAMING PC/WORKSTATION [ Aether Case: FD Focus G Mini | CPU: AMD Ryzen 3950X (16c32t @3.5GHz) | GPU: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 @3600MHz | Mobo: Aorus X570 mITX | PSU: SSR-600TL

OS: Win10 Pro | SSD: WD SN750 1TB NVMe | HDD: 4TB WD Black | KB/M: Dell Multimedia USB Hub Keyboard (SK-8135) + Logitech G903 HERO | Display: ASUS VE248H + Dell E177FP | Headset: Corsair Void Pro RGB Wireless

HTPC/HOME SERVER [ Phazon Case: Antec 900 Two | CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black (4c4t @3.67GHz) | GPU: ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB | RAM: 12GB (2x4GB+2x2GB) DDR3 @1400MHz | Mobo: MSI 870A-G54 | PSU: SSR-450PL

OS: Win10 Pro | SSD: Crucial 240GB SATA | HDD: 8TB HGST Ultrastar + 750GB WD Caviar Green + 200 GB Seagate | KB/M: Microsoft Wireless Entertainment Desktop 7000

lol not going to lie I thought the video was going to be old AF considering freegin laser keyboards like the one shown have been around for ages.

10 hours ago, williamcll said:

this video convinced me to buy their Full RGB version of the KT68

PXL_20230704_000130752.jpg

that is awesome!  I wonder if they have a full sized variation.