My Dreambuild - NZXT H440 matte black/red - 780Ti K|ngp|n edition - Give me name suggestions ^^

Looks great so far :).  The 780ti Kingpin must've costed a lot 

CASE: FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4  |  MOBO: MSI MPOWER Z77  |  CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz  |  CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D15  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 770 SC |

PSU: CORSAIR AX860 W/ RED BRAIDED CABLES | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250 GB | HDD: WD BLACK 1 TB | FANS: 3x NOCTUA NF-A14 | MONITOR: HP W2371D

KEYBOARD: CM STORM QFR MX BLUES W/  PBT KEYCAPS  |  MOUSE: LOGITECH G502 | MIC: AUDIO TECHNICA AT2020 | HEADPHONES: SENNHEISER HD 558

Hey everyone!

My dream build is finally 90% complete.

Here are some pictures:

(the quality is not that great because i took the pictures with my HTC One M7 - i want to take higher quality pictures with a proper camera as well someday.)

attachicon.gifIMAG0159.jpg

attachicon.gifIMAG0186.jpg

attachicon.gifIMAG0168.jpg

attachicon.gifIMAG0172.jpg

attachicon.gifIMAG0171.jpg

attachicon.gifIMAG0173.jpg

attachicon.gifIMAG0180.jpg

attachicon.gifIMAG0184.jpg

attachicon.gifIMAG0188_BURST001.jpg

attachicon.gifIMAG0174.jpg

System specs are the following: 

NZXT H440 Case

ASUS Maximus Vi Formula motherboard

Intel Core i7 4770K @ 4.2GHz CPU

Corsair H110 CPU cooler

Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600MHz C8 RAM

EVGA GeForce GTX 780Ti Classified K|ngp|n edition VGA

EVGA Supernova 850G2 PSU

EVGA Individually sleeved Cable set - red - for G2 PSU series

Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD for os.

Samsung 840 Pro 256GB for applications and fast-storage

Fans:

Front - 3x120mm NZXT FN V2 as intake

Top - 2x Bitfénix Spectre 140mm PWM red LED fans on the H110 (high static pressure)

Back - Enermax Apollish Vegas RED LED 140mm as exhaust

Upgrades to come: 

Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600MHz C8 RAM with red heatspreaders to match the colour scheme next to the black ones.

2TB external storage

Hope you like it. Give me suggestions for it's name. :D

Thanks for dropping by.

Mate thats soo good droolin over it

So as promised i did some overclocking with the card. Highest core clock speed was 1352 MHz. Unfortunately i didn't take a screenshot of that. Also i didn't want to push my card for a long period of time over 80 degrees celsius. This was all at 1.33V on the core.

Here's a screenshot of my actual game stable 1293 MHz oc, which is actually set to 1300 but because of the temperature it will clock down a bit:

post-59848-0-24975000-1400100730_thumb.j

wow. Wish my h440 was that sexy

Eclipse Version 3: i5 9600K | Asus Strix Z390| GTX 1070 | 16GB Kingston Beast | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD [2] +WD Blue 1TB | NZXT H440 | EVGA 750 W | Dark Rock Pro 4| Beyerdynamic DT880 Premium

Why spend all that cash on a 780Ti and not even get a water block for it.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Why spend all that cash on a 780Ti and not even get a water block for it.

the kingping edition doesn't need to be on water to clock well, but it helps.

That's a nice overclock though, I've got my TI running 1400/7400 w/ 1.4v/1.72V respectively. Seeing as how I'm on water, I think it makes your overclock even more appealing. 80C isn't bad at all if you ask me, the card can run all the way up to 95C, you've still got some headroom. Set up the fan profiles and I would feel comfortable @ 80C on air.

very nice build though

The best part is how organized it is. Great build by the way! :)

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

the kingping edition doesn't need to be on water to clock well, but it helps.

That's a nice overclock though, I've got my TI running 1400/7400 w/ 1.4v/1.72V respectively. Seeing as how I'm on water, I think it makes your overclock even more appealing. 80C isn't bad at all if you ask me, the card can run all the way up to 95C, you've still got some headroom. Set up the fan profiles and I would feel comfortable @ 80C on air.

very nice build though

For fairly high OC water will always be better for lower temps mostly.

Kraken G10 and whatever would be OK.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

For fairly high OC water will always be better for lower temps mostly.

Kraken G10 and whatever would be OK.

I completely agree with you. I do want to get an EK waterblock for it at some point. Until then i ordered an NZXT Kraken G10 and will use it with a H75 combined. I also ordered a copper shim to put on the GPU since the red vram heatplate would not allow the installation without it. The block of the H75 (and pretty much all of the aio's) would get in contact with the heatplate and so it would not sit on the gpu perfectly . I don't want to glue heatspreaders to the vram modules, i want to keep the heatplate.

I'm really curious how it performs after that.

I completely agree with you. I do want to get an EK waterblock for it at some point. Until then i ordered an NZXT Kraken G10 and will use it with a H75 combined. I also ordered a copper shim to put on the GPU since the red vram heatplate would not allow the installation without it. The block of the H75 (and pretty much all of the aio's) would get in contact with the heatplate and so it would not sit on the gpu perfectly . I don't want to glue heatspreaders to the vram modules, i want to keep the heatplate.

I'm really curious how it performs after that.

Hopefully I can get rid of 660s and 650 Ti boost and get a 780 for cheap. Then delve into bigger OC on the GPU side of things.

The kraken G10 is a great product. Would love to strap a H220/H100i onto one.

I would name it Antares, which is a red supergiant star and also one of the royal stars of Persia, which I think would go well with the fact that you're using the kingpin GPU =)

• 1 month later...

Nice Build man! Love the red and black theme inside the case!

Am planning to put a H110 in the roof of my H440 to go with the Maximus VII Formula (when it comes out) but wasn't sure if the radiator + fans cleared the Formula's mosfets.

Your build has cleared my doubts. Thanks!

love this build, one of the nicest red/black builds i have seen.

and nothing wrong with the fans.

good planning and layout, like the colour contrast between the different components.

has anyone called there system "Red Dwarf" ?

got to love Asus components