Finally 1st time for seasonic boom.

Joshua Ondangan

hahahaha finally time to experience the first time on seasonic brand go boom. (I've experienced some from hec and aerocool and thermaltake).

I'm actually not sure how exactly things happened but. Pc was connected (running youtube). (using my gaming rig).

then while cleaning out my loop which I left in the kitchen I went to clean up my 900D so I can switch my rig to another case (older one) since got bored of the looks on the 900D.

while running things off my render rig (just placed it above some box I found on the corner) put in my old d14, etc.

then while my psu is turned off. I went to plug in my cord to my psu. then a boom sounded. lol it actually scared me thinking my work rig had problems so it was fine. and I noticed the other pc just stopped working.

so just now I switched out the old psu and put in some spare one and it works so I tried in the old one and it doesn't work. so was looking through the holes and I noticed something that's odd. so right now I'm planning on opening it up and check what's inside.

gonna upload pics soon. 

well it's not really a problem though haha just wanna share xD.

well gonna update this with pics in an hour or so. since ima be working on my garage (living room garage for my pc stuff). haha gonna say goodbye ot the warranty sticker btw. still have around a year left for it or so.

2000-01-07160749_zpsa86913a9.jpg
 2000-01-07160907_zps41e21065.jpg

Live your life like a dream.

I dont really like seasonic they make great psus but ive had multiple issues with their psus not 100% fitting into a case, i dont like have 3 screws in, its just not right

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I never have had a single issue with any Seasonic PSU, and I own a lot of them.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

I dont really like seasonic they make great psus but ive had multiple issues with their psus not 100% fitting into a case, i dont like have 3 screws in, its just not right

Hmm well i believe XFX are redesigned Seasonic PSU´s right? they have a pricetag but they work wonders.

Maybe look into them?

I've had PSUs of various makers not fit quite right. Honestly, you only really need 2 screws in, 3 if it's top-mounted. I know people that don't put them all in on purpose. It can be annoying (especially if you're a little OCD about things like that), but it's not an actual problem, and it's definitely not a Seasonic problem.

CPU-AMD FX 8350 @ 4.9Ghz | GPU-Sapphire 7970 OC | Motherboard-AsRock Extreme9 990fx | RAM-8GB Mushkin Blackline Ridgeback

Case-NZXT Switch 810 | Heatsink-NZXT HAVIK | SSD-Samsung 840 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barricuda 1TB; WD Green 2TB
PSU-Seasonic X-Series 850 Watt | Mouse-Razer Naga | Keyboard-Razer Blackwidow | Speakers-Logitech z623

I've had PSUs of various makers not fit quite right. Honestly, you only really need 2 screws in, 3 if it's top-mounted. I know people that don't put them all in on purpose. It can be annoying (especially if you're a little OCD about things like that), but it's not an actual problem, and it's definitely not a Seasonic problem.

if its for me its not a problem, if its for a customer then its a liability

Hmm well i believe XFX are redesigned Seasonic PSU´s right? they have a pricetag but they work wonders.

Maybe look into them?

Yeah a lot of them are but they seem to fit a lot more, i normally stick with XFX, corsair or EVGA for psus, sometimes be quiet if the price is right.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

most PSUs are manufactured by seasonic  or  Channel Well Technology (always avoid)

http://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/psu_manufacturers

and seasonic is always regarded at the highest quality

maybe the short circuit protection some how malfunctioned

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

lol me and my wife is having an argument hahaha she wants me to rma it. and I wanna open it (still has a year or so warranty left for it.).

but lemme take some pics of the outside first (don't fuck with me sticker is still there).

btw I've own 11 seasonic psu (this is my 11th one) and kinda the first to go.

but hey my wifes yapping too much about it so I'll give it a go and take it or warranty. if rejected then I'll just dissect it.

I'm pretty sure it won't be accepted though but for the love of my ear I'd go just for peace.

If you've had that many PSUs malfunction, the electricity in your house needs to be looked at. That should be literally impossible.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

nope they didn't malfunction. all the other 10 seasonic that I've own are on their own respected rigs that I've build the past years.

this is the 1st one that blew up on me. ok got some pics now I'm suspecting the blue capacitor or so I believe.

ima upload it on photobucket. it's kinda amusing to me.

right now I'm powering it up with some of my older seasonic psu (that was on my e5200 that's pretty much not working anymore hahaha at least the psu was still alive. not sure about the other parts as I'm gonna check on them.).

edit: lol wait having trouble finding the pic off my phone folder.

edit2: found em lol had a hard time finding them hahaha.

U sure your using the correct screw holdes and the psu is in the correct orientation?

Sounds to me like you probably didn't discharge it properly

CPU -AMD R5 2600X @ 4.15 GHz / RAM - 2x8Gb GSkill Ripjaws 3000 MHz/ MB- Asus Crosshair VII Hero X470/  GPU- MSI Gaming X GTX 1080/ CPU Cooler - Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3/ PSU - Seasonic G-series 550W/ Case - NZXT H440 (Black/Red)/ SSD - Crucial MX300 500GB/ Storage - WD Caviar Blue 1TB/ Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Red switches/ Mouse - Logitech g900/ Display - 27" Benq GW2765 1440p display/ Audio - Sennheiser HD 558 and Logitech z323 speakers

I'm suspecting that blue one on the 2nd spoiler.

well I'm still in the process of playing around with it ^_^ and see what else I can find.

U sure your using the correct screw holdes and the psu is in the correct orientation?

Ive made over a hundred pcs and replaced at least 300 psus, i really do hope i orientated it correctly

Luckily i have backup, ive not used this exact psu or case but its an example which is very similar to the problem i faced. Link

Listen if you care.

Ive made over a hundred pcs and replaced at least 300 psus, i really do hope i orientated it correctly

Luckily i have backup, ive not used this exact psu or case but its an example which is very similar to the problem i faced. Link

to me it looks like none of the hole really line up there I would have tried flipping the PSU or removing the rubber feet in the case. I have never has such a problem before as the holes are ATX PSU spec.