Yet another look over post from me

Gork

Budget (including currency): 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for:  gaming

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Here is the current build I was about to get.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/gorkx/saved/X6Vbpg

Family called and we got to talking.  Being me I asked my father how he was doing: bored, basically lol.  He's a retired computer engineer.  So essentially I asked if they had a table I can borrow, before I purchased everything. And my dad basically said since he's bored to tears he wants to help with the build.

First thing: I'm having trouble find if a beefy air cooler would even fit a lancool 2.

Another thing: I'm trying to find a case that'll look nice, as well as have youtube videos with step by step guides for me and my father to follow. I haven't built a PC before.  And the last time my father looked inside a computer was many years ago. He was on the apple team. A lot has changed since then! He speaks a few languages: english, bad english,  and apple. I'd be surprised if he know all that much about PCs.

That brings me to AIO's. Realistically speaking: are nightmare stories of pumps failing something to be concerned about?  if not, are their other issues to keep an eye out for? I do lean a little to aircoolers a low maintence  build, but if that limits options to much then I'm frogy to try my first ac unit er um AIO.

Why these parts: higher end Asus mobo for a q-connector.  Quuality life thing, m.2  drive: for space since my  SSD is low on it. Lan cool 2 since it was recomended, but not married to it. And  for a small amount over a i5 I was going to get a i7 purely a splurge thing.

5 minutes ago, Gork said:

hat brings me to AIO's. Realistically speaking: are nightmare stories of pumps failing something to be concerned about?  if not, are their other issues to keep an eye out for? I do lean a little to aircoolers a low maintence  build, but if that limits options to much then I'm frogy to try my first ac unit er um AIO.

just keep the pump at the bottom of the loop and you should be fine. although i think the u12s/u12a from noctua will fit your case and last longer

you dont need an aio for anything but i9 cpus or heavy oc jobs just get an nh-d15 or peerless assassin

MARK THE SOLUTION AS SOLUTION

i am 14 so i may be wrong sometimes

@Bob__ is a w

6 minutes ago, Gork said:

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Family called and we got to talking.  Being me I asked my father how he was doing: bored, basically lol.  He's a retired computer engineer.  So essentially I asked if they had a table I can borrow, before I purchased everything. And my dad basically said since he's bored to tears he wants to help with the build.

First thing: I'm having trouble find if a beefy air cooler would even fit a lancool 2.

Another thing: I'm trying to find a case that'll look nice, as well as have youtube videos with step by step guides for me and my father to follow. I haven't built a PC before.  And the last time my father looked inside a computer was many years ago. He was on the apple team. A lot has changed since then! He speaks a few languages: english, bad english,  and apple. I'd be surprised if he know all that much about PCs.

That brings me to AIO's. Realistically speaking: are nightmare stories of pumps failing something to be concerned about?  if not, are their other issues to keep an eye out for? I do lean a little to aircoolers a low maintence  build, but if that limits options to much then I'm frogy to try my first ac unit er um AIO.

Why these parts: higher end Asus mobo for a q-connector.  Quuality life thing, m.2  drive: for space since my  SSD is low on it. Lan cool 2 since it was recomended, but not married to it. And  for a small amount over a i5 I was going to get a i7 purely a splurge thing.

asus boards are kiind of hjit/miss these days because of shite qc, bad rma processes etc. 

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/WzqWW4

CPU: Intel Core i5-13400F 2.5 GHz 10-Core Processor  ($199.00 @ B&H) 
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12A chromax.black 60.09 CFM CPU Cooler  ($129.94 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI MPG Z690 CARBON WIFI ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($289.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-5600 CL28 Memory  ($115.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($139.00 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: XFX Speedster MERC 319 CORE Radeon RX 6800 XT 16 GB Video Card  ($519.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Lian Li LANCOOL 216 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($99.99 @ B&H) 
Power Supply: EVGA 700 GD 700 W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply  ($97.20 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1591.10
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-05-28 21:51 EDT-0400

this should be better

you dont need an aio for anything but i9 cpus or heavy oc jobs just get an nh-d15 or peerless assassin

MARK THE SOLUTION AS SOLUTION

i am 14 so i may be wrong sometimes

@Bob__ is a w

3 minutes ago, spaghet rat said:

just keep the pump at the bottom of the loop and you should be fine. although i think the u12s/u12a from noctua will fit your case and last longer

Coolness! Am I understanding right that it'd  keep up with the  heat of the i7-12700KF 3.6 GHz 12-Core Processor

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-13400F 2.5 GHz 10-Core Processor  ($199.00 @ B&H) 
CPU Cooler: *Deepcool AG500 WH ARGB 67.88 CFM CPU Cooler  ($38.98 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: *MSI B760 GAMING PLUS WIFI ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($169.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: *TEAMGROUP T-Force Delta RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory  ($120.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: *Western Digital Black SN770 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($109.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: Gigabyte WINDFORCE OC GeForce RTX 4070 12 GB Video Card  ($599.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Lian Li LANCOOL 216 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($99.99 @ B&H) 
Power Supply: *Corsair RM750e (2023) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($99.99 @ Best Buy) 
Total: $1438.92
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-05-28 21:57 EDT-0400

One quick thing, you keep mentioning the Lancool 2, while the PCPP link has the Lancool 216. They're two completely different cases. I've used the 216 before for 2 different builds and would argue it's best case I've ever used for an air cooled system (I've built quite a lot of computers), so I'm going to assume you're referring to the 216, but lmk if you are talking about the Lancool 2 instead (usually referred to in roman numerals Lancool II)

3 minutes ago, Gork said:

higher end Asus mobo for a q-connector.

Completely unnecessary. The Lian Li Lancool 216 has a block connector for the front panel headers, so the q connector does nothing to help make front panel connectors any easier because they're already so easy. 

5 minutes ago, Gork said:

First thing: I'm having trouble find if a beefy air cooler would even fit a lancool 2

The 216 is not a small case. You can do an AIO if you'd rather still, but you can get fit an NH-D15, AK620, or Thermalright Peerless Assassin (3 of the best air coolers on the market) in there in problem. 

7 minutes ago, Gork said:

Another thing: I'm trying to find a case that'll look nice, as well as have youtube videos with step by step guides for me and my father to follow. I haven't built a PC before. 

Not sure if there are any step by step guides for the Lancool 216 specifically, haven't seen any personally, though I can attest that it is one of the easiest and most intuitive cases to build in. Everything goes exactly where you'd think it would, all the cutouts are right where you'd want them to be, all the panels come off so you can easily get to any connector you can think of, and everything is pretty well labeled. Find any generic guide for how to build a PC, follow it, and you should find yourself pretty at home with the 216. 

Anyway, on to some actual component recommendations (assuming you want to keep the white theme):

1. The 12600K is the same price as the 13400F and is just a better CPU. They are effectively the same silicon, but the 12600K is higher clocked and has unlocked memory voltages so better memory support. Plus you get an iGPU which is pretty useful for troubleshooting.
  2. Cooler was swapped for a significantly cheaper Peerless Assassin 120, performance will be about the same
  3. Motherboard was swapped for a significantly better Z690 board. The POST code helps a ton with troubleshooting. 
  4. Swapped the SSD for something a bit cheaper
  5. Upgraded the PSU to something significantly higher rated.
  6. Swapped the GPU to something significantly faster

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/FDBxnt

34 minutes ago, Gork said:

Better processor, better case, much better PSU too. You also wouldn't benefit from a z790 motherboard if you're not using a K-series processor, so just stick with b760. 🙂 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/CsyQTn

CPU: Intel Core i5-13500 2.5 GHz 14-Core Processor  ($247.98 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler: Deepcool AK620 68.99 CFM CPU Cooler  ($59.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B760-A GAMING WIFI ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($244.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL36 Memory  ($129.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($139.00 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Asus DUAL OC GeForce RTX 4070 12 GB Video Card  ($609.99 @ B&H) 
Case: Fractal Design Pop Air ATX Mid Tower Case  ($79.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair RM850 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($124.99 @ Best Buy) 
$1636.91

Am I still to create the perfect system?! ~ Clu

Keep your expectations low, boy, and you will never be disappointed. ~ Kratos

13 minutes ago, GeorgeMKane said:

Better processor, better case, much better PSU too. You also wouldn't benefit from a z790 motherboard if you're not using a K-series processor, so just stick with b760. 🙂 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/CsyQTn

CPU: Intel Core i5-13500 2.5 GHz 14-Core Processor  ($247.98 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler: Deepcool AK620 68.99 CFM CPU Cooler  ($59.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B760-A GAMING WIFI ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($244.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL36 Memory  ($129.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Asus DUAL OC GeForce RTX 4070 12 GB Video Card  ($609.99 @ B&H) 
Case: Fractal Design Pop Air ATX Mid Tower Case  ($79.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair RM850 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($124.99 @ Best Buy) 
$1636.91

Not a bad case but no way is it superior to the Lancool 216.

59 minutes ago, Why_Me said:

Loved my Pop Air but the performance is nowhere near it, yeah.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-13600KF 3.5 GHz 14-Core Processor  ($292.99 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Peerless Assassin 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler  ($39.90 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI MAG B660M MORTAR WIFI DDR4 Micro ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($160.97 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Patriot Viper Steel 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($67.98 @ Amazon) 
Storage: TEAMGROUP MP33 PRO 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($79.98 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: PowerColor RX 7900 XT 20G Radeon RX 7900 XT 20 GB Video Card  ($759.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Lian Li LANCOOL 216 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($99.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Deepcool PM750D 750 W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply  ($86.83 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1588.63
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-05-28 23:29 EDT-0400

Something built to the red like up above but on Intel-AMD combo. 4070Ti also exists in this price range.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

6 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

Loved my Pop Air but the performance is nowhere near it, yeah.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-13600KF 3.5 GHz 14-Core Processor  ($292.99 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Peerless Assassin 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler  ($39.90 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI MAG B660M MORTAR WIFI DDR4 Micro ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($160.97 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Patriot Viper Steel 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($67.98 @ Amazon) 
Storage: TEAMGROUP MP33 PRO 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($79.98 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: PowerColor RX 7900 XT 20G Radeon RX 7900 XT 20 GB Video Card  ($759.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Lian Li LANCOOL 216 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($99.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Deepcool PM750D 750 W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply  ($86.83 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1588.63
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-05-28 23:29 EDT-0400

Something built to the red like up above but on Intel-AMD combo. 4070Ti also exists in this price range.

Good build, but swap the board out for the B660M Mortar Max instead. It's a dollar cheaper and allows for OC thanks to the clock gen:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/qjZr3y

4 hours ago, Why_Me said:

the-dude-yeah-well-you-know-thats-just-l

Am I still to create the perfect system?! ~ Clu

Keep your expectations low, boy, and you will never be disappointed. ~ Kratos

These builds have been pretty good but if its just for gaming I would get a 5800X3D and then you can get a 7900 xtx in the budget @Gork

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/CfbdpH

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($309.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B550M AORUS ELITE Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($119.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($64.98 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: ASRock Phantom Gaming OC Radeon RX 7900 XTX 24 GB Video Card  ($959.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Fractal Design Pop Mini Air MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($89.99 @ B&H) 
Power Supply: Deepcool PM850D 850 W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply  ($115.00 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1779.82
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-05-29 03:41 EDT-0400

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)