Goodbye Anthony, Welcome Emily!

Lord Szechenyi
8 hours ago, fpo said:

My only question is why "Emily?"

Why not Antonia? Or another female version of Anthony? 

Reveal hidden contents

Okay, that was technically 3 questions. 

It could also be a nod to her parents if the name they were thinking before her birth was Emily.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

11 hours ago, fpo said:

Reveal hidden contents

9 hours ago, Bitter said:

One can only speculate, but given how she may wish to distance herself from her not so great feelings about herself in her past picking a name similar to her deadname may not have been a great feeling move to make.

This exactly. Again, one can only speculate but people wishing to distance themselves from their deadname often pick something completely different.

5 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

It could also be a nod to her parents if the name they were thinking before her birth was Emily.

True story, my parents picked a gender neutral name just in case and because it was the only one they could both agree on.  😅

16 hours ago, fpo said:

Reveal hidden contents

lmao because this is real life and not a video game or a film with a set of rules, patterns, or narrative artistry.

If she wants to be named Emily then she chooses Emily.

Why is your name fpo? Why are you disrespecting the name your parents gave you by using that fake alias?

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

3 minutes ago, saintlouisbagels said:

Why is your name fpo? 

Privacy incase someone flips out on me on the internet. 

15 minutes ago, saintlouisbagels said:

lmao because this is real life and not a video game or a film with a set of rules, patterns, or narrative artistry.

If she wants to be named Emily then she chooses Emily.

Why is your name fpo? Why are you disrespecting the name your parents gave you by using that fake alias?

There's no need for such hostility. Please chill.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

19 hours ago, Bitter said:

she may wish to distance herself from her not so great feelings about herself in her past

does that mean she's going to lose weight too?

Just now, Lord Szechenyi said:

does that mean she's going to lose weight too?

Dude... That's kinda assuming and going into personal things. How about we keep this thread supporting rather than judging.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, LogicalDrm said:

Dude... That's kinda assuming and going into personal things. How about we keep this thread supporting rather than judging.

I think she plans to, but so many of the trans people I know often struggle with weight, because it was a way to self harm when they really hated their body.  As in they knew they over ate, but they did it anyway like some people cut themselves or develop OCD.

And once you learn those coping mechanisms, it is really hard to unlearn or learn to manage them.  Not impossible, just really hard.

oh that's good for her glad they came out 🙂

but why are there so many trans people now in the last couple of years?
feel like more and more people each day are coming out as trans soon kids growing up well might be influenced by trans people in the media and online  the next generation of kids there may be no more straight people 

4 minutes ago, gt710 said:

feel like more and more people each day are coming out as trans soon kids growing up well might be influenced by trans people in the media and online  the next generation of kids there may be no more straight people 

There's always been trans people, Jewish law has 6 genders going back to well before Christianity even started and several Asian Pacific cultures have more than 2 genders going back thousands of years. Gender is not and never has been a binary, this is a relatively recent and almost entirely Christian fascination to categorize people into rigid sets of characteristics. Heck up until the turn of the 19th century Pink was a common color for boys to wear as was white and boys and girls up until a certain age wore dresses because it was practical for diapers. All we're seeing now is a renaissance of rediscovery of what's always been there. It would be like complaining that there's more stars now, the stars have always been there...it's just that we have the ability to see them. Social media is a window into peoples lives (for better or for worse) that allows many people to share more openly their personal lives with a broad community. You see more trans people because they're more visible, not because there are more of them.

13 minutes ago, gt710 said:

Nope.  Most of my trans, gay, and lesbian friends raising kids have straight non-trans kids.  What we are seeing is the surge of gay / lesbian visibility in places like medicine and the normal office because it became OK to talk about your spouse if they were the same gender.  We are currently fighting to have trans people just be accepted as part of the norm.

In reality, us non-binary and other trans people will always be a minority, even if we lived in world where there is no stigma with just existing.

4 hours ago, gt710 said:

Can’t tell if you're saying this out of disgusting transphobia or harmless ignorance.

People do not choose their sexuality or their gender. They are who they are. This means they can’t be influenced into being trans or gay as much as they cannot be influenced into being straight. If your logic worked then there would be “no more gay” people in the first place because being heterosexual has always been the prevalent thing in society while people in the LGBTQ+ community have always faced harassment.

You shouldn’t be asking “but why are there so many trans people now in the last couple of years?”

You should be acknowledging the bravery it takes to come out as trans and that you should be proud that we’ve arrived at a cultural point where more people feel safe enough to express themselves.

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

8 hours ago, DarkWaterSong said:

I think she plans to, but so many of the trans people I know often struggle with weight, because it was a way to self harm when they really hated their body.  As in they knew they over ate, but they did it anyway like some people cut themselves or develop OCD.

And once you learn those coping mechanisms, it is really hard to unlearn or learn to manage them.  Not impossible, just really hard.

Unless this is something she has said specially and in public, sure. But anything other is still huge assumption. Physiology is not automatically linked to other things.  

So imo such speculation shouldn't be done period.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, LogicalDrm said:

Unless this is something she has said specially and in public, sure. But anything other is still huge assumption. Physiology is not automatically linked to other things.  

Emily talked about her weight on her coming out video and on twitter, but have no idea what is specifically going on with her.  I merely meant that talking about weight is a really sensitive topic for most of my trans friends, and many of my friends have a bad history with their body weight.

15 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

The hormones DO make it very hard to loose weight unless one works out quite a lot.  Those are facts.  Transwomen, like ciswomen, do have to diet and exercise differently than men.  After a long time on hormones the body will store more weight as fat in the places a female body would.   That's one of the main things the hormones do for transwomen. 

ON the bright side.  IF one is bigger, and loses or gains weight under the influence of hormones, the weight will come off and stay on more in places she will feel comfortable with. 

At least that's how it's always worked for me. 

5 hours ago, Uttamattamakin said:

The hormones DO make it very hard to loose weight unless one works out quite a lot.  Those are facts.  Transwomen, like ciswomen, do have to diet and exercise differently than men.  After a long time on hormones the body will store more weight as fat in the places a female body would.   That's one of the main things the hormones do for transwomen. 

ON the bright side.  IF one is bigger, and loses or gains weight under the influence of hormones, the weight will come off and stay on more in places she will feel comfortable with. 

At least that's how it's always worked for me. 

Missing my point by a mile, but whatever.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

We support you Emily!

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

This is awsome to hear! She has been the producer and writer for so many of my favourite videos! So glad she shared with the community!

On 6/11/2023 at 3:12 AM, saintlouisbagels said:

People do not choose their sexuality or their gender. They are who they are. This means they can’t be influenced into being trans or gay as much as they cannot be influenced into being straight. If your logic worked then there would be “no more gay” people in the first place because being heterosexual has always been the prevalent thing in society while people in the LGBTQ+ community have always faced harassment.

sort of true, as nothing is really that "static/solid" in real life? it doesn't take away certain things one gets into or is born with. While I would like to say that being trans is likely much more born with, as some might state "female-like vs male-like brains", just not confuse it with other feelings or reasons as some communities might do, and to push like its a miracle or dream "cure". As seeing there is some "cult groups" that targets vulnerable people to transition, although most is often online, like most groups like that. Also that in some countries it might be done for economical reasons, not sure if its all for transitioning reasons?

About choosing sexuality depends on what you mean by "as a choice", everyone would likely live on a spectrum there too, where they might accept % of different things. which goes back to trans, as some says many will have different view points on where the line is drawn for that kind of relationship and sexuality, and that its maybe more likely that women will be more accepting or have an easier time to deal with some of the things men might not.

Maybe I said some things the wrong way, but it was not to be mean.

On 6/11/2023 at 3:12 AM, saintlouisbagels said:

You shouldn’t be asking “but why are there so many trans people now in the last couple of years?”

You should be acknowledging the bravery it takes to come out as trans and that you should be proud that we’ve arrived at a cultural point where more people feel safe enough to express themselves.

On 6/11/2023 at 1:51 AM, DarkWaterSong said:

We are currently fighting to have trans people just be accepted as part of the norm.

In reality, us non-binary and other trans people will always be a minority, even if we lived in world where there is no stigma with just existing.

some of that, although some has gotten worse. Also that its marketable and as to why some people think 20% of the population might be "transgender" or think all want to transition. (might be from some US study)

I don't often read or post on these forums, and I'm about 2 weeks behind finding out.

I just saw some random video whilst searching around for dash cam / DVR videos and recognised "Anthony's" face.

So glad I clicked on it.

I commented on Emily's video, but I repeat briefly what I said here.

I'm happy for you Emily that you have found the strength to come out.

I'm trans also, so know about the various struggles. Of course, everybodies journey is different, I can only hope you have a positive one.

We may not know each other, but if you ever want to talk, I'm available.

Take as much time as you need, but I do hope we will still end up with you presenting a Linux based channel.

You could call it "Linux Tech Tips".

6 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Missing my point by a mile, but whatever.

😞  I'm just saying as a transwoman I've been where she is /was.   All of us have.   THAT SAID you are right.  This is not a transgender support forum.  I'm just going to put it out there.   

Emily I am trans.  If you want to talk trans stuff I'm open to it. 
I also am acquainted with / know of transpeople in your area you may want to talk to.  

Nothing you are dealing with is new, and you are not alone.