Goodbye Anthony, Welcome Emily!

Lord Szechenyi
2 minutes ago, Bitter said:

You don't have to believe in anything to be respectful of others wishes. It's just that simple really.

Absolutely! But the line is drawn when it crosses across someone else's beliefs as well.
Again, if you want to argue it, message me. Not publically strewn across the thread.

Jude 1:23

And on some have compassion, making a distinction; but others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire, hating even the garment defiled by the flesh.

To all who seem to think personal opinion/belief allows them to deadname or misgender: Identity is a personal thing.  Refusing to respect identity is cruel.  If some dude went by Sam, and now goes by Jake because he didin't like being called Sam, your a jerk if you keep intentionally calling him Sam.  If someone was Jewish, then converted to Christian, you would be a jerk for continuing to call them a Jew.  Whether you agree with the reason or not, you don't deadname, misgender, or otherwise misrepresent them.  Your faith has nothing to do with someone else's personal identity, and refusing that identity is refusing to acknowledge their independence. You're telling them they have no right to their identity, and that you don't respect them as an individual.  Plain and simple.  Please, please just show the kindness of respecting people's independence as people. 

For those who didn't know and are being awesome by correcting themselves or otherwise being open to understanding, you're awesome, and are super appreciated!  Keep being excellent to each other!

Wanna add that the LTT community at large has been super awesome so far.  There's always the sticklers, but here on the forum *and* over on floatplane, people have been really supportive and understanding.  It really warms my heart seeing people both being understanding, and being willing to correct themselves when they slip up or make a mistake.  Plus having the LTT staff be so damn awesome is just... well it's awesome!  I know I probably will never have the privilage of getting to join the team, but this changed my mind about at least trying, as I now know I would not be mistreated there.  Linus et all, you rock!

For me watching all of this unroll is kinda crazy.

In my country they are pretty open about LGBT and even more about transgender people. Obviously not all people are like that, but genuinely most of the people I met either don't care or they just treat you well. I had met just one or two pretty hard bigot families and that's even after I moved three times.

Now living in a small community I thought it was going to be a bit regressive, but nope. I had to do paperwork that touched LGBT stuff like gender change and stuff like that, and everyone was pretty helpful and nobody yet was judgy!

Buuut... I started noticing a trend online. An echo chamber growing. Before no one really got into drama with LGBT. Basically everyone would be themselves and all that. But American Bigotry™ started arriving sort of like a script giving to our news programs, where they started getting more and more transphobic to the point of putting out blatant fake news that could easily be checked with two clicks.

It's a weird world we are living on. There are a lot of people that just shout out "No!, you are just following a script/trend!, you don't think for yourself!" like they weren't doing the same thing and they think that "Googling" stuff is the same thing as research.

And it's incredible that I saw a lot of people in the comments being very openly transphobic. For me, I want to believe that there is a insignificant amount of subscribers that think like that, but even if it is the case that it isn't, I hope LTT doesn't take any wrong choice here in regards to these people. It's just baffling to me as I know that most of the gaming industry, at least the writing and ideas for the games, are a bunch of leftists/rage against the machine kind of thing.

Refusing to have the decency to call someone by the name they choose is incredibly childish. The last time I remember seeing that was in second grade, and I cannot respect that. 

I hope that one day you will be blessed with the gift of compassion.

Computer engineering grad student, cybersecurity researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

23 minutes ago, Amalia said:

For me, I want to believe that there is a insignificant amount of subscribers that think like that, but even if it is the case that it isn't, I hope LTT doesn't take any wrong choice here in regards to these people. It's just baffling to me as I know that most of the gaming industry, at least the writing and ideas for the games, are a bunch of leftists/rage against the machine kind of thing.

Thankfully, LTT seems to be being very awesome so far. Rapidly updating info where possible (replacing youtube videos is sadly probably outside their control without destroying their channels entirely, thanks Google), Immediately switching to her preferred name and pronouns, then treating her like she's always been there, because she has.  They need not make a big statement, as this all shows just how supportive they really are, in their actions.  They, of course, have made a small statement, over on Emily's channel when she posted her coming out video, which is even more awesome, but all they have done so far shows true caring.  Makes me very happy to be supportive of LTT.

Best of wishes to you, Emily, looking forward to more of your amazing and knowledgeable content. 

Happy thoughts from Denmark 

mITX is awesome! I regret nothing (apart from when picking parts or have to do maintainance *cough*cough*)

Late as F to the party here, i just saw Linus introduce Emily in the Mac gaming video.

threw me for a loop for a sec wondering if this was some little man trolling or inside joke. looked it up and... hey!

Congrats, Emily! that's rad! :D

1 hour ago, Faer-Anne said:

If someone was Jewish, then converted to Christian, you would be a jerk for continuing to call them a Jew.

I fully agree with your sentiments here. intentional deadnaming is just completely rude and unwarented. people who do that are being real.... Richards...

The Christian/Jew example doesnt work though, because Jewish folks are/can be both a religious group, and/or an ethnic group.

Source: Am married to a Non-religious Jewish woman, with non-religious Jewish parents.

2 hours ago, MidnightStars said:

<Lets just snip all of this horse fecal matter>

Did you seriously just deadname, and trans shame, a member of staff for the forum you are currently posting on?

anyone else want some popcorn while we wait for this fool to get banhammered into oblivion?

Threads merged and locked. Not dealing with all the toxic arguments.

• "Don't be a dick" —Wil Wheaton
  • "Be excellent to each other" —Bill and Ted

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450