Are we spoiled by HD?

Mooshi

I sometimes watch films on my PS2 through component, it looks stunning at 576i.

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW

personally for me I'm hoping for 1440p to be the standard and go down in price.

imo come visit my country you see lot's of people playing at 720p or even less ^_^. normally those who go to cheap internet cafes and some people just can't afford it. salary here ain't high. which makes me sad.

Live your life like a dream.

4K needs to become a standard soon.  And I believe it will be...

With many more cheap 4K displays coming out at more and more affordable proces from trusted companies I think that 4K will become

the new standardized "HD" resolution.

Now we just need affordable hardware to push 4K

CPU: Intel Core i5 4670K @ 4.4 GHz Motherboard: MSI Z87 G43 RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Superclocked Case: Bitfenix Ronin

Storage: 120 GB Samsung 840 series SSD, WD Green 2TB PSU: XFX core edition 650W Display(s): ASUS VE228H 21.5IN 1080P Cooling: CM Hyper 212+

Keyboard: Microsoft P.O.S Mouse: Corsair Raptor M40 Sound: Sennheiser PC 330 Headset

Its just a matter of habit. For example i'm accustomed to play almost all my games in 720p and low details with my gt 430 but when i get to play with my brother's 7850 in 1080p and everything maxed out (except AA), i'm f***ing amazed. Just as other have said its the same story with 1080p, some day 4k will be the standard. But hey why not make this a poll?

4K needs to become a standard soon. And I believe it will be...

With many more cheap 4K displays coming out at more and more affordable proces from trusted companies I think that 4K will become

the new standardized "HD" resolution.

Now we just need affordable hardware to push 4K

UHD (nearly 4k is a standard) and is exactly 4x as big as 1920x1080.

Yeah.. I consider 1080p pretty normal now. 720p isn't bad anything below looks like it's being displayed from a damn potato.

Too be honest, yes, we are being spoiled with it. I used to own a 1366x768 monitor, and now I'm on a 1080p,  and I would seriously never go back because 1080p feels like a standard to me now. As for higher resolutions, I'm not that much for 1440p and such, but I can't wait until 4k, and hopefully it will become a standard as 1080p in the future.

I wonder where we will be in 20-ish years from now, 16k 20" monitors? Just imagine that pixel density. Also, does anyone know when it will become too many pixels for us to see any difference between resolutions?

CPUIntel Core I5-3570k @4.2Ghz |  CoolerBeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MOBOMsi Z77 Mpower | GPUSapphire HD7970 Dual-X 3GB RAMCorsair Vengeance Low Profile 1600mhz (2x8GB) | HDD Samsung SSD 840 EVO 120GB & HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB | PSU: BeQuiet! PurePower L8 630w | Case: Corsair C70 Military Green | Display: BenQ GL2450HM 24" KeyboardCM Storm QuickFire Ultimate Keyboard (Browns) | MouseR.A.T 7 | Mouse padSteelseries QcK Mass | Headset: Plantronics Gamecom 780 | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate | Picture of setuphttp://i.imgur.com/o8jKsQJ.jpg (OLD)

I had a 1440x900 monitor, it wasn't the res that bothered my it was the color (it was a old crappy HP) so I got a 23" Dell 1920x1080 IPS for about $160 and first thing that hit me was HOLY SHIT THOSE COLORS ARE AMAZING!... then DAMN THAT PIXEL DENSITY, safe to say I'm never going under 1920x1080 again

MoBo: 970A-D3P CPU: FX-8350 GPU: HD 7950 PSU: 1000watt RAM:8Gb of G,skill 1600

I am still a part of the 720p club, so I think that anything looks better than mine! haha I can't wait to just from 720p to 1080p. I'm sure it'll look like crystal to me! However, no, there is nothing wrong with wanting better. If anything, it pushes the market and keeps manufacturers from getting lazy.

i'm scared of pixels, can't go for more than 720p :(

Hmm... A new type of phobia?

We shall call it "pixelphobia" (the fear of large resolutions)! :lol:

You seem to experience "pixelphopia" after exceeding mere 1 Megapixel (0,92 MP to be more accurate)

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

You can actually switch pages when quoting: you quote the post, and then copy the entire thing in the bottom, and then paste to a post you're editing (on another tab), and you're done. At least that's what I do... A bit slow I know, but it works.

And yeah. 780 with a 720p monitor isn't that well balanced. It's like having a >700hp engine on a Ford Fiesta: unnecessarily powerful for a daily driver, but some people want it just for bragging rights or whatever reason they might have. In this case however, I think he'll upgrade to a sharper monitor(s) (1080p) later, who knows?

Other than that, we're all good.

yep it would have to be in a separate tab. I know I could have but it really didn't matter.

I'm not making fun of him or anything its just like that fiesta you were talking about. I would think that fiesta is ridiculous and chuckle but still cool. Yea, he will upgrade eventually. I was just saying he should and it realm wouldn't cost that much to get a new full HD monitor depending on which one you get. I think my post sounded worse then what I was trying to say. I was just having a chuckle and giving a friendly fist bump to the shoulder. LOL something like that.

Technology HAS advanced, heck, I don't even think 1080p is advanced anymore, I think it's pretty much STANDARD now. 4K is the next advancement in resolution. Soon, that will be a standard resolution.

Error 404: No signature found.

I think 1080p is fine for a monitor close to your face, absolutely awful on a cinema screen.

900p, is fine on a 42inch TV screen from a few feet away on a sofa, but sub par on a monitor close to your face.

720p is fine on a 32inch TV screen a few feet away on a sofa, absolutely awful on a monitor close to your face. 

Resolution's aren't universal factors and the human eye only has so much fidelity.

It's actually pretty hard to tell 900p from 1080p on a 42inch screen from a few feet back, but is blatantly obvious on a close monitor. It's almost impossible to tell 1080p from 4k on a 42inch screen from a few feet back, but 1080p in a cinema looks like ass.

I actually thought to myself when playing a game, that 1080p isn't enough. It just seems like we can go deeper, and we can, but its in the process. I personally would never go for 4k for a desktop monitor, but instead get something cinematic like the one Linus has. It would be so much more useful, and games would be driven much better.

The Grey Squirrel

CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.8GHz - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 - Motherboard: ASUS Z170-E - GPU:  ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL

Case: Inwin 303 - RAM: 4x8GB Corsair LPX Storage: 2x Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W

Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired / Bungee Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red Headphone: Sony MDR- 1R

Microphone:  Blue Yeti - Webcam: Logitech C920 - Monitors: 3x Dell S2415H 

I think that 1080p is pretty standard at this point in time.  But i think it's very short sited of us to think that 1080p will always be enough, and anything more is unnecessary.  I mean, all you have to do is look back at comments on early reviews of 1080p TVs and monitors and look at all the people saying that 1080p is too many pixels and it'll never be cheap enough for the average person to afford.  They kind of look similar to what people are saying about 4K today lol. 

I've got a 1440p monitor at home and a 1080p monitor at work, and it's such a relief when I get home to have all those extra pixels.  The quality of something like a picture may not be that noticeable going from one or the other, aside from the TN to IPS difference.  But the amount of productivity you can have on the screen at once side by side is awesome!  1080p feels cramped, and the windows have to be stacked annoyingly.  Word has a window open, with Excel peeking out behind that along with Chrome.  And I'm pretty sure Outlook is open somewhere and like 2 different calculators lol.

720p/1080p doesn't bother me.

SD always looked better on a CRT than LED\LCD screens.

But graphics are the least important thing to me