Off Topic Chit Chat

image.thumb.png.1f48f0c660cb481e8498a41bfb1d1db8.pngwhen you need RGB for XTRA PERFORMANCE

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

----------X-----------X------------

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

On 03/12/2017 at 3:28 PM, DeezNoNos said:

image.thumb.png.1f48f0c660cb481e8498a41bfb1d1db8.pngwhen you need RGB for XTRA PERFORMANCE

Wow that’s a high resolution monitor. 4K I’m guessing

or you’ve somehow made the youtube controls smaller

24 minutes ago, Reppiy said:

Wow that’s a high resolution monitor. 4K I’m guessing

or you’ve somehow made the youtube controls smaller

Looks like normal 1080p to me...

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

On 11/12/2017 at 9:41 PM, Tcrumpen said:

I can see why a school would block access to YouTube, procrastination at it's finest

The school blocked a website because it was "educational material"

2 minutes ago, Reppiy said:

The school blocked a website because it was "educational material"

YouTube can be educational yes, but if you look they do give the option to get on it with a "lesson code" as i explained to someone in a thread a few weeks ago for an IT Admin the best way to prevent things from happening to the network is to blacklist everything and then slowly whitelist sites where needed; also just because you might use it for educational purposes doesn't mean the person next to you would do; they might just spend the entire time watching Minecraft videos

Just now, Tcrumpen said:

YouTube can be educational yes, but if you look they do give the option to get on it with a "lesson code" as i explained to someone in a thread a few weeks ago for an IT Admin the best way to prevent things from happening to the network is to blacklist everything and then slowly whitelist sites where needed; also just because you might use it for educational purposes doesn't mean the person next to you would do; they might just spend the entire time watching Minecraft videos

I meant they blocked another website, not youtube, because it was educational material. It was an article about Ancient Greece that the teacher told us to go to for research. And she didn't know how to get a lesson code. Their blocking system is pretty bad when it blocks an article needed for research, but not linustechtips.com.

4 minutes ago, Reppiy said:

I meant they blocked another website, not youtube, because it was educational material. It was an article about Ancient Greece that the teacher told us to go to for research. And she didn't know how to get a lesson code. Their blocking system is pretty bad when it blocks an article needed for research, but not linustechtips.com.

The way most blockers work is based on keyboard searches, so if the site in question has any keywords that is linked to a blocked category (gaming, gambling etc.) then it's blocked. Your teacher should email the IT department with a change request as the site blocked is a legit ok website as well as also asking for how to acquire lessons codes so if ti happens again it's fine

8 minutes ago, Tcrumpen said:

The way most blockers work is based on keyboard searches, so if the site in question has any keywords that is linked to a blocked category (gaming, gambling etc.) then it's blocked. Your teacher should email the IT department with a change request as the site blocked is a legit ok website as well as also asking for how to acquire lessons codes so if ti happens again it's fine

I wish that she would just do that, but she probably doesn't know how. She thinks that she needs to close Internet Explorer and then open it up again to refresh the page.

2 minutes ago, Reppiy said:

I wish that she would just do that, but she probably doesn't know how. She thinks that she needs to close Internet Explorer and then open it up again to refresh the page.

Ahh that's the problem with people who aren't very tech literate; they are often embarrassed about reporting problems for fear of getting scoffed at and although this may have been true when she was growing up now a days the IT field is far more respective of non tech literate people, just inform her to ask the IT team about it, don't mention getting it unblocked; teachers are well aware of the "try to manipulate the teacher" card

I wish sleep wasn't vital to living.

Either you waste 1/3rd of your life just kind of laying there, or you spend the remaining 16+ hours miserable.  :/ 

Also, the holidays are about to start which I'm pretty hyped for as well :D

4 hours ago, Rileeey said:

I wish sleep wasn't vital to living.

Either you waste 1/3rd of your life just kind of laying there, or you spend the remaining 16+ hours miserable.  :/ 

Also, the holidays are about to start which I'm pretty hyped for as well :D

The most relatable first post I've seen from any single account on this forum.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Whilst looking for a alternative to my iPod (Which has finally died on me after 9 1/2 years) i stumbled across this gem from the TV Series Chuck (which i love)

b4b46a49-f4da-4f29-90c4-43d11e755a7a.jpg

be5eef89-911c-4625-be2a-e1cf2579c13e.jpg

??? Wanna join ??? my free??gift card??? giveaway??? Click ⤵ the subrscribe button?? ,turn? the notifications on ??? and finally leave a nice comment ??down below⬇⬇ , now without further adue ??? lets get on?? with the video▶▶

I think this is the best place to dump this:

image.thumb.png.80387626a8b2fb171e2cc72f2d7e5dbf.png

Spoiler

In the science world you use (s), (l), (g) and (aq) to tell in what state a material is. 

(s) is solid

(l) is liquid

(g) is gas

(aq) is a solution in water

Drive (s) would mean a Drive in its solid state

"Aeneas troianus est."

I'm allergic to social interaction in real life, don't talk to me in real life please.

don't forget to quote or tag (@marten.aap2.0) me when you reply!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2017 at 6:10 AM, Reppiy said:

Try using a proxy or a vpn don't really know thou never had to get around blocked WiFi like that

On 11/28/2017 at 9:22 PM, Reppiy said:

Why?

-snip

Something something old people noises

something something "nothing good on there! has nothing to do with education!

more old people noises.

I mean, it's not like there's literally THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS of very useful educational videos on youtube that would better prepare school children for a future career than the bullshit they probably teach in schools these days.

Right?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Legend has it if you stand outside linus media group at midnight  and play the intro and outro music backwards and say "bada bing" the ghost of nicky v will appear and say "bada boom"

47 minutes ago, Con said:

I was on my bus to the city centre when I noticed this.

-snip-

I have a legitimate copy of Windows XP on a CD.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!