What do you think of this GTA VI concept?

KEIN NEIN
Go to solution Solved by venomtail,
On 4/23/2023 at 7:25 PM, KEIN NEIN said:

I have always believed GTA is about pushing the envelope, about doing what most ppl consider imposible.

Call me a pessimist but strongly believe the old Rockstar is dead. Locked up in shackles by Take2, barely having a say on its own, having to follow whatever management thinks will earn the most amount of money. I'd say Rockstar on GTA 4 and before is the equivalent of Mercedes before the 2000's, when the engineers had the last say. 

When GTA 5 released I noticed something was off. Game felt very casual, simplified... boring. And that's exactly what happened to the game. Crowbcat had a great video that I instantly understood why I felt the lack of excitement that I did after I watched the video. It feels like marketing knows a ton of kids play GTA so you gotta simplify many elements of the game so that the kids keep playing, aren't overwhelmed by features you gotta learn like driving the car in GTA 5 and keep buying the shark cards. 

Even RDR2 looks like a reskinned GTA 5. They didn't even bother fixing the cops...

Rockstar no longer pushes the envelope, the limits, the outrage. It's Take2 who now keeps pushing on our wallets.

So a GTA settled in just one city (which is almost 100% certain to be Vice City) would be a massive dissapointment.

GTA SA already did three cities in 2004. Obviously a city in GTA V for example, is way more dense than a city in GTA SA.

But it’s 2023, and considering how much R* has earned over the years, I think it’s possible.

It will be just one city, three reasons why.

• Lore wise. Vice City has been alone and cashing in on the fan service is a wise move. I can see us getting a ton of countryside as that was cut out from Vice City, fans could get to see what Vice City was meant to look like.
  • They for some reason cut down on SA and just made Los Santos its own thing in GTA 5.
  • Management would love the idea of selling you new cities as DLC. Mix that up with the fan service, makes a lot of sense if I was selfish. Release the game with one city, recreated for the fans as fan service and then sell new cities separate cause you know, "it's new and wasn't in the old games."

With Take2's treatement of mods pretty much made me never want to buy another Take2 game ever again unless they change. If the only power we have is voting with our wallets, I guess it is what it is.

Hi everyone. I’m Oliver, I live in Mexico and I used to spend hours and hours experimenting with GTA game mechanics.

Which leads me to these GTA Ideas.

I have always believed GTA is about pushing the envelope, about doing what most ppl consider imposible.

So a GTA settled in just one city (which is almost 100% certain to be Vice City) would be a massive dissapointment.

GTA SA already did three cities in 2004. Obviously a city in GTA V for example, is way more dense than a city in GTA SA.

But it’s 2023, and considering how much R* has earned over the years, I think it’s possible.

There are many locations that would make perfect sense, but I think they need to try something different.

And don’t get me wrong, Vice City HAS to stay, but let’s forget about San Fierro, Las Venturas and other familiar GTA cities for a while.

What about replicating some Latin American cities? Yeah I know, I’m Mexican and all but without abusing patriotism, I think latam locations have a lot to offer in therms of crime and diversity.

I’ve been thinking of two places in particular:

- Monterrey, Nuevo León

- Rio de Janeiro, Brasil

There are numerous reasons why I deem this locations as one of the most appropiate for a future GTA game, and I’m sure I’m not the only one who believes it.

I’m talking’ climate, gangs, size, developlent, multiculturalism and so much more…

But anyway, this is getting a bit too long.

If you disagree or have any suggestions to make an upcoming GTA any better, feel free to discuss them down below!

Peace.

I feel that they should add a map with many more details than now. 

I try to be a human, but I cannot, because I have returned to monke.

Spoiler

Hehe boi

Spoiler

POV- when it can run crysis-

( ͝° ͜ʖ͡°)

Btw, I don’t want to edit the original post again, so I’d like to add that the 2-character formula is a step backwards. Let’s not forget that GTA V alreafy included three characters.

I’d say without a doubt that there would be a lot of chemistry among three characters: Two males and one female.

Just now, UnknownWalls said:

I feel that they should add a map with many more details than now. 

Yeah, for example It’d be great to see the return of nightclubs just like GTA: TBOGT. Vice city is supposed to be the city for night life if I’m not mistaken.

Your mind goes to those because you're from Mexico and at least one of them locations is Spanish speaking.

If you were Russian, you would probably have suggested East Europe, for some random justification.

You have to keep in mind that they'll go with a location that majority of players will be familiar with (at the very least from movies) and where it makes sense for people to speak English or American, and which will work well with online multiplayer, because that's what will make money after the few months of single player sales.

7 minutes ago, mariushm said:

Your mind goes to those because you're from Mexico and at least one of them locations is Spanish speaking.

If you were Russian, you would probably have suggested East Europe, for some random justification.

You have to keep in mind that they'll go with a location that majority of players will be familiar with (at the very least from movies) and where it makes sense for people to speak English or American, and which will work well with online multiplayer, because that's what will make money after the few months of single player sales.

Yeah I get that, in fact, I mentioned very clearly that I am a bit biased towards Mexico. However, like I said not only do I believe latam locations are good bc I am from latam, but because this cities are known to be violent, developing cities and unlike russian, spanish is widely spoken.

Furthermore, do keep in mind that Rockstar Games is an american company, so getting too deep in a country like Russia (which is not precisely US’ closest friend) would be way too controversial, certainly much more than talking about places that are less relevant in the political sphere, which is the case of Mexico and Brazil.

27 minutes ago, mariushm said:

You have to keep in mind that they'll go with a location that majority of players will be familiar with (at the very least from movies) and where it makes sense for people to speak English or American.

They’re not random justifications. They’re facts. I encourage you to read a bit ‘bout Monterrey. It is a very americanized city so Idk if the mayority but there are many who speak English. And Brazil is pretty much the most megadiverse country in the world. 

Finally, given the fact that GTA is so commercial, you are never going to please all the audience, even if you only picked American cities. GTA IV was severely criticized bc of the lack of possibilities compared to GTA SA. Then Rockstar tried to retrieve GTA SA formula with GTA V but got criticized due to the lack of “serious characters” in the storyline.

7 minutes ago, KEIN NEIN said:

They’re not random justifications. They’re facts. I encourage you to read a bit ‘bout Monterrey. It is a very americanized city so Idk if the mayority but there are many who speak English. And Brazil is pretty much the most megadiverse country in the world. 

Finally, given the fact that GTA is so commercial, you are never going to please all the audience, even if you only picked American cities. GTA IV was severely criticized bc of the lack of possibilities compared to GTA SA. Then Rockstar tried to retrieve GTA SA formula with GTA V but got criticized due to the lack of “serious characters” in the storyline.

I think he's saying his own suggestion is a random justification, as in, he picked no region in particular to justify his point.

Expanding beyond America's borders would make for a unique game but the majority of GTA players are most familiar with the US and that's important to note because a lot of GTA's narrative consists of parody or satire regarding American culture and politics. GTA without those elements would be neutered, and trying to create that sort of narrative about an unfamiliar place would be foreign to a lot of players.

I like your idea though. I'd love to play an open-world game with the depth and style of GTA but in a region that hasn't really been explored in gaming before. I think it's possible that we'll see a small-scale version of a Mexican or Cuban city with VI since it's expected to take place in Vice City. It would make sense since those areas have been in American media a lot in the last few years, too.

15 minutes ago, theninja35 said:

the majority of GTA players are most familiar with the US and that's important to note because a lot of GTA's narrative consists of parody or satire regarding American culture and politics. GTA without those elements would be neutered, and trying to create that sort of narrative about an unfamiliar place would be foreign to a lot of players.

I like your idea though. I'd love to play an open-world game with the depth and style of GTA but in a region that hasn't really been explored in gaming before. 

Thanks bro.

Well yes. Sadly, I understand that many people are only willing to play a game that is entirely US based. On the flip side, this has been changing lately (globalization and all). It is becoming popular to hate on the US, not because of what US represents but BC the media is constantly polarizing opinions on politics and the left vs right thing, etcetera.

The good news is that, there has already been a GTA outside the US: GTA London (which I know, wasn’t very popular) . So, having cities that are not american cities’ satires is possible. Maybe as DLC’s because making a game so complex for three cities is simply unarchievable in the short-term.

1 hour ago, mariushm said:

They already did a Russian in "new York"

They could do a Latin American cartel but they might get in a bit of heat with how politics are. Not that it stopped them from making a sequel to manhunt lol

2 hours ago, fpo said:

They already did a Russian in "new York"

They could do a Latin American cartel but they might get in a bit of heat with how politics are. Not that it stopped them from making a sequel to manhunt lol

Yeah, they were a lot of russian & eastern european personas depicted in GTA IV.

And they could do that in GTA VI as well, nearly every gang can fit in Vice City, and the rest can be included in other cities.

1 hour ago, KEIN NEIN said:

Yeah, they were a lot of russian & eastern european personas depicted in GTA IV.

And they could do that in GTA VI as well, nearly every gang can fit in Vice City, and the rest can be included in other cities.

Are they 100% doing vice City? 

If so they might do Scarface references again and that'd hit Cuba... If they didn't do that in GTA vice City. 

I don't know anything about the GTA stories. 

This is coming from someone with recorded 1700 hours on the GTA franchise, and probably more unaccounted in PS2, PS3 and pirated copy i have since deleted. Too little detail divulged from 1 leak alone.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

On 4/24/2023 at 12:01 AM, KEIN NEIN said:

But, depending on the level of satire they go for, would it be a nice depiction of Mexico? It could get real gritty real quick. Los Zetas (or what they are called) springs to mind. 

On 4/24/2023 at 1:16 AM, fpo said:

If so they might do Scarface references again and that'd hit Cuba... If they didn't do that in GTA vice City. 

Yeah, my thoughts sprung to Cuba as well. They could make them detached by an air trip, or let the player go by boat if they were really bloody dedicated

mITX is awesome! I regret nothing (apart from when picking parts or have to do maintainance *cough*cough*)

On 4/23/2023 at 5:16 PM, fpo said:

They probably are.

I once heard that R* was planning to include many cities from America, but having realized that a multi-location GTA is too complex and would take too long to get released, made them desist on second thought.

On 4/23/2023 at 7:32 PM, SorryClaire said:

This is coming from someone with recorded 1700 hours on the GTA franchise, and probably more unaccounted in PS2, PS3 and pirated copy i have since deleted. Too little detail divulged from 1 leak alone.

What is coming? The fact that YOU don’t care?

And what’s the point of bragging about how many hours you played GTA?

I don’t get you.

37 minutes ago, KEIN NEIN said:

What is coming? The fact that YOU don’t care?

And what’s the point of bragging about how many hours you played GTA?

I don’t get you.

No, i knew what you were referring to here. I remember that GTA 6 leak too last year, the one thats not a shithouse clickbait made by MrBossFTW so he can continue paying that spiralling rent of his failure of a life.

Its just that there's so little echoes that that leak only gave me an hour of excitement before i just have to sit stalled waiting on nothing. R* doesnt know a damn about hype.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

Call me a pessimist but strongly believe the old Rockstar is dead. Locked up in shackles by Take2, barely having a say on its own, having to follow whatever management thinks will earn the most amount of money. I'd say Rockstar on GTA 4 and before is the equivalent of Mercedes before the 2000's, when the engineers had the last say. 

When GTA 5 released I noticed something was off. Game felt very casual, simplified... boring. And that's exactly what happened to the game. Crowbcat had a great video that I instantly understood why I felt the lack of excitement that I did after I watched the video. It feels like marketing knows a ton of kids play GTA so you gotta simplify many elements of the game so that the kids keep playing, aren't overwhelmed by features you gotta learn like driving the car in GTA 5 and keep buying the shark cards. 

Even RDR2 looks like a reskinned GTA 5. They didn't even bother fixing the cops...

Rockstar no longer pushes the envelope, the limits, the outrage. It's Take2 who now keeps pushing on our wallets.

• Lore wise. Vice City has been alone and cashing in on the fan service is a wise move. I can see us getting a ton of countryside as that was cut out from Vice City, fans could get to see what Vice City was meant to look like.
  • They for some reason cut down on SA and just made Los Santos its own thing in GTA 5.
  • Management would love the idea of selling you new cities as DLC. Mix that up with the fan service, makes a lot of sense if I was selfish. Release the game with one city, recreated for the fans as fan service and then sell new cities separate cause you know, "it's new and wasn't in the old games."

With Take2's treatement of mods pretty much made me never want to buy another Take2 game ever again unless they change. If the only power we have is voting with our wallets, I guess it is what it is.

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker

On 4/26/2023 at 6:49 AM, SorryClaire said:

R* doesnt know a damn about hype.

R* wants to keep everything crazy private, idk exactly why. But I find it quite intriguing.

14 hours ago, venomtail said:

Yeah, I watched that video too. I completely agree when you say that R* no longer wants to offer rich gameplay. GTA V shooting, driving, fighting and other mechanics’ are so dull and plain that makes me understand what other GTA players mean when they said “GTA V is meh, I prefer GTA IV”

GTA V is dense but most ppl don’t care, probably bc, like you pointed out, most players are young ppl new to GTA and also bc again, like you highlighted, R* is now about money grabs and not about the experience.

I didn’t know it was due to Take2 “taking over control” (lol) but I appreciate the insights.

On 4/26/2023 at 6:49 AM, SorryClaire said:

No, i knew what you were referring to here. I remember that GTA 6 leak too last year, the one thats not a shithouse clickbait made by MrBossFTW so he can continue paying that spiralling rent of his failure of a life.

Its just that there's so little echoes that that leak only gave me an hour of excitement before i just have to sit stalled waiting on nothing. R* doesnt know a damn about hype.

Sorry ‘bout that rage, then.

I sometimes don’t take criticism well, guess it’s down to how I was raised (not that this is a good justification or even relevant in this conversation)

Ppl I could do at least 20 pages on GTA so I guess I’ll just do that. I’d like to hear your thoughts on it.

5 minutes ago, KEIN NEIN said:

Ppl I could do at least 20 pages on GTA so I guess I’ll just do that. I’d like to hear your thoughts on it.

I’ll upload a PDF or sth… Idk if it’ll be finished today but whatever…

15 hours ago, venomtail said:

This is what I wrote I few days ago, I was having sleep deprivation, so there are things that are a bit lunatic, but aside from that, I think some of the ideas that came to mind back then are still relevant:

Disclaimer: None of the institutions that I will mention from now on endorse, comprehend, or recognize what I am about to mention. This is intellectual property written by Oliver Valdéz Guzmán and only LMG and Tecnológico de Monterrey can analyze and use, so long as it is legal and within spec in any country in which this is to be released.

I think the upcoming Grand Theft Auto game should have this:

Three characters and three cities, just like GTA 5

only these three cities are now from DIFFERENT COUNTRIES. It kind of reminds me of GTA San Andreas back when it released. That thing was about pushing the envelope, doing what was considered impossible on PS2 and having literally infinite possibilities when it comes to gameplay given all the mods and stuff that was added by the community, even waaaaay after its first release in 2004. GTA San Andreas, despite being nearly 20 years old, it is still deemed by so many ppl as one of the best games of all time, as well as loved and known by pretty much the whole gaming community.

I don't think GTA SA was as good as people believe, though. GTA SA lacked one fundamental aspect: realism. I understand the saying "realism and graphics in games is like plot in porn" Yeah, I said it, it makes perfect sense to talk 'bout that in a game like this. Anyway, back to the initial topic: GTA SA was crazy funny, but with situations that are not so on earth like a third-tier gang member shooting guided rockets to helicopters just a bit after relapsing emotionally, because he was told his mother had been killed in a Drive-By. (yeah, this sounds a lot like F&F movies today, and go figure out how much money those things have earned). Damn, I keep rambling about stuff, that's what happens when you dropped out of Engineering School. The thing is, CJ's story proved us all that it is possible for a so-called, young black "gang-banging cocksucker" to succeed in the criminal scale and still go "normie" by using... intuition I guess???, retrieving his brother from the pile of forgotten things and saving "The Family".

Long Story Short: GTA SA was so frenetic and fun that ppl could simply not resist. You can shoot, aim, enter Jetpack code, go 6 stars, visit other cities, swim, submerge, run, minigun, porn, mod, increase graphics, realism and so on... You name it, you make it.

Now, lately there has been a weird situation where nowadays, people seem to feel GTA IV, "more relatable". I mean, it would appear as though R* Games tried so freakin' much on censoring the game after the staggering amount of controversy that GTA SA got, that, this time they came up with something that has nothing to do with the GTA San Andreas; but at the same time. A masterpiece that, in my opinion, made me feel more delighted than the last big game (Yeah, I'm of the unpopular opinion that LCS and VCS don't count, as they aren't breakthroughs in game history and more like ways to allow PSP players to enjoy a somewhat GTA SA-like experience because of the freedom when it comes to gaming). 

And well, Grand Theft Auto V is even denser than Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and Grand Theft Auto IV combined, so um, what if we talk 'bout that gigantic entertainment product later? It's getting late here in Guanajuato and quite frankly, like Michael De Santa from GTA said: 

"I'm getting too old for this nonsense"

I mean, GTA SA's priorities were gameplay, GTA IV's priorities were restrictions and the discouraging reality of a criminal's life, and Grand Theft Auto V was 'bout the emptiness in Los Ángeles' money, glamour & Online Gameplay. On today's WAN Show, Linus said something like: GTA V is technically unbeatable, as Rockstar would need to compensate for 10 years of sitting on the couch, admittedly doing "nothing" and blatantly trying to hide the work in progress unveiled illegally by what, if I could take a guess, a bunch of DISHONEST, deluded and neglected idiots trying to ruin stuff no matter whatt, as long as they get some greedy dollars...

So... I assume Grand Theft Auto VI could actually beat Grand Theft Auto 5 by integrating and combining the styles of plot and gameplay encountered in GTA SA, IV and V and picturing them in three different Personas, in three different Cities from three different Countries, and I have some ideas for those names below: 

Franklin Clinton-->Martha...??? Name not so important

Michael De Santa-->Kendji...??? A kasen dude would be OK to retrieve the Yakuza conflict from GTA III

Trevor Philips-->Contra...? Just because complexion would be like german rapper Kontra K, also bc there is a game called Contra, I'm sure many of you know that game.

Obviously these will have different special abilities, characterization and all that... Now the cities are like...

Los Santos (Los Ángeles) --> Monte Alto (Monterrey, Nuevo León, México) This one was a bit easy bc it is a mexican city.

Vice city (Miami, Florida, United States) --> VICE FUCKIN' CITY!!! THIS ONE EASY!!!

Las Venturas (Las Vegas, US equivalent maybe? --> Could I call it... River of Blood?? I am not sure

I hope whoever who reads this find at least one thirth of interest in this 

On 4/23/2023 at 1:29 PM, theninja35 said:

I like your idea though. I'd love to play an open-world game with the depth and style of GTA but in a region that hasn't really been explored in gaming before. I think it's possible that we'll see a small-scale version of a Mexican or Cuban city with VI since it's expected to take place in Vice City. It would make sense since those areas have been in American media a lot in the last few years, too.

This is a random cover (obviously it is far from perfect, since I used paint and word image editing tools so um... crappy) but I like it nonetheless.

Grand Theft Auto VI.pdf