what should i charge for my (very old) gaming rig?

so idk if this is the right place (mods, feel free to move it if it's not, sorry im new to the forum 😅), but i'm getting a new build (ryzen 5 5600x, 1080ti, 32gig of ram etc) which is all incompatibile with my old motherboard setup, so i'm looking to sell my old one. i just don't know how much to charge

i have an i5-4570k, 16gig of corsair DDR3 ram, and a Gigabyte p67a-ud4. the i5 is running at 3.9ghz, the ram is 2400mhz. there are a few issues (artifacting on bios, only boots every second time you power on the machine) but once booted and everything it's 100% reliable, not having any bsods or anything weird like that

i was thinking like £40-£50 or so? idk what would be a reasonable price people would go for. not a troll honestly, i genuinely don't see any 4000 series cpus or s1155 motherboards pop up on ebay 😅

50 bucks or so seems reasonable. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

32 minutes ago, jessekansas101 said:

so idk if this is the right place (mods, feel free to move it if it's not, sorry im new to the forum 😅), but i'm getting a new build (ryzen 5 5600x, 1080ti, 32gig of ram etc) which is all incompatibile with my old motherboard setup, so i'm looking to sell my old one. i just don't know how much to charge

i have an i5-4570k, 16gig of corsair DDR3 ram, and a Gigabyte p67a-ud4. the i5 is running at 3.9ghz, the ram is 2400mhz. there are a few issues (artifacting on bios, only boots every second time you power on the machine) but once booted and everything it's 100% reliable, not having any bsods or anything weird like that

i was thinking like £40-£50 or so? idk what would be a reasonable price people would go for. not a troll honestly, i genuinely don't see any 4000 series cpus or s1155 motherboards pop up on ebay 😅

round 40 pounds seems good.

My First PC
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
Cooler: Asus TUF Gaming LC240
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix B550-f gaming
RAM: 4x8 GB Corsair Vengeance RS (3200 MHz, CL16)
Storage: 1tb Samsung 980 Pro
Graphics Card: Asus Dual RTX 2060 OC
Case: Deepcool Matrexx 50
Power Supply: Corsair RM650x
Headset: Razer Blackshark V2
Keyboard: Corsair K70 Pro Mini (Speed Silver switches)
Mouse: Razer Viper Mini
Only changes I have made is I sold the 2060 for $235 AUD and bought a Powercolor Red Devil 6700 XT for $400 second hand (it was barely used, think I scored a deal on Ebay with that).
I'm learning video editing and trying to get some cash as a high school student.
I like F1, my favourite team is Scuderia Ferrari and favourite driver is Charles Leclerc. Favourite track is Red Bull Ring in Austria.
Playing with a 1080p 60hz monitor right now, hoping to upgrade to a 1440p 144hz one soon.

Living in AU and that pisses me off since every event is late at night or early in the morning (almost every F1 race starts around 11 PM AEST time)

38 minutes ago, jessekansas101 said:

Check component prices on fleabay to get a ballpark figure for each component/component sets (Like a set of RAM) and go from there is all I can suggest. 

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

39 minutes ago, jessekansas101 said:

I have so many questions.

You might need to take another look at your hardware.

4570K is Haswell, 4th Gen.... P67 is 2nd gen, Sandy Bridge, with a smattering of 3rd gen Ivy Bridge support. P67 is LGA1155 and Haswell chips are LGA1150. Also DDR3 clocked at 2400MHz is pretty rare as well, even more rare is it running stable.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

1 minute ago, ApolloX75 said:

4570K is Haswell, 4th Gen.... P67 is 2nd gen, Sandy Bridge, with a smattering of 3rd gen Ivy Bridge support. P67 is LGA1155 and Haswell chips are LGA1150. Also DDR3 clocked at 2400MHz is pretty rare as well, even more rare is it running stable.

I have a few sets that can do it (Pc2600 and 2800 sets) BUT it is expensive stuff too if you run across any like that.
BTW 2400 is actually shown as 1200MHz in the memory tab of CPU-Z, which is pretty good for DDR3.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

10 minutes ago, ApolloX75 said:

Either op has a 3570k with a p67 or a 4570k with a z87?

3.9ghz is a laughably slow speed for both which should do 4.6 with ease so the pcs value should increase with a simple vcore bump (1.3v ish) and set multi to 46

And i assume xmp 2400+ is rarely stable? Cause i dont deem ddr3 fast till its going 2800+ mostly because i can run my 1333 pscs at 2200 with ease (but either boardlimit or cpu limited which sucks but ill go buy haswell when i get some disposable cash)

37 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Either op has a 3570k with a p67 or a 4570k with a z87?

3.9ghz is a laughably slow speed for both which should do 4.6 with ease so the pcs value should increase with a simple vcore bump (1.3v ish) and set multi to 46

And i assume xmp 2400+ is rarely stable? Cause i dont deem ddr3 fast till its going 2800+ mostly because i can run my 1333 pscs at 2200 with ease (but either boardlimit or cpu limited which sucks but ill go buy haswell when i get some disposable cash)

yeah i misremembered it's a 3570k

ram is 1600mhz corsair vengeance pro, but in my defence half of google says it's 2400 (looking at you etekinx 👀), and i wasn't on pc at the time to check. many apologies, sorry its very early haha

3.9ghz isn't that bad - i didn't want anything too drastic as to run down the hardware, i'm not brilliant with overclocking, iirc something was BSODing when i tried like 4 years ago but then again i was like 13 and awful at overclocking then and i think i tried something ridiculous, got scared, didn't try it again, can't remember exactly. i got it in like 2016 and i've made do until now, but it was used even back then iirc.

i might try overclocking it a bit more but i can't get xtu to work

1 hour ago, jessekansas101 said:

yeah i misremembered it's a 3570k

ram is 1600mhz corsair vengeance pro, but in my defence half of google says it's 2400 (looking at you etekinx 👀), and i wasn't on pc at the time to check. many apologies, sorry its very early haha

3.9ghz isn't that bad - i didn't want anything too drastic as to run down the hardware, i'm not brilliant with overclocking, iirc something was BSODing when i tried like 4 years ago but then again i was like 13 and awful at overclocking then and i think i tried something ridiculous, got scared, didn't try it again, can't remember exactly. i got it in like 2016 and i've made do until now, but it was used even back then iirc.

i might try overclocking it a bit more but i can't get xtu to work

You overclock in bios

In the mit menu go into advanced voltage settings and set vcore to 1.4v (not dynamic vcore) set cpu pll to 1.6v, then disable load line calibration (vcore will droop to around 1.35v under full load)

Then in advanced frequency settings set cpu multiplier to 46 - 48 depending on how lucky your chip is. Since you are setting a static vcore value go into the cpu advanced features menu and disable EIST so cpu freq doesnt fluctuate

Stability testing is a matter of using prime95 smallest ffts, and when its stable then your overclock is done its really that simple

Im alot more of a diehard ocer so i would tune the shit out of the rams and crank the bclk as far as itll go, usually around 105 for average samples but some can go 108+ even on air, shut up theres no proof that bclk corrupts or damages anything but if anyone has solid proof that arent bullshit assumptions please share, maybe even clock the cpu higher but at some point diminishing returns hits really hard and its just not worth clocking the cpu any higher since you gotta dump tons of volt into it

Rams do vary alot in terms of overclocking since its very ic dependant and every ic varies. Good stuff like my pscs clock with ease (that stuff does 80trfc at the measly 2200 i can clock it to with my board and cpu which is ridicolously tight) though those are 1gbit ics but an equivalent actually useable ram ic would be samsung k4b2g086wd 2gbit d die which scales to 2-2.4v and also does pretty tight subtimings though the only samsung i have is k4b1g086wf 1gbit f die, also does 2200 but needs 2.46v (max my p6t deluxe v2 allowed) to do 9-11-11-20 primaries which is laughably bad. ill be getting some micron 4gbit d9qbjs in 6x4 dual rank config for an x58 build i wanna sell but i doubt ill be able to push em much past 2200 with a xeon imc since those are dogwater on x58 (aside from the w xeons which are just better binned 980x or 990x i7s)