RTX 3070 CrossFlash dictionary for those looking for higher power limits

WARNING VBIOS FLASHING CAN BRICK YOUR GPU IF YOU FLASH THE WRONG BIOS A SECOND GPU AS A BACKUP WILL BE NEEDED IN THE EVENT THIS HAPPENS

essentially this post is to help those looking to unlock the full potential of there cards that have been wrongfully neutered by fake power limits when clearly these cards have a VRM design that can handles peeks of 400watts AND MORE

so far the cards that i have found on forums that can be crossflashed with higher powerlimits

FEEL FREE TO ADD TO THIS IN THE COMMENTS WITH YOUR SOURCE PLEASE

zotac 3070 twin edge oc(240watts) flashed to a asus bios (270watts)
         "im still looking for people who have successfully flashed the FTW3 bios to this card but no luck even though it has a 10phase of 50amp parts capable of handling 474watts"
https://www.reddit.com/r/ZOTAC/comments/lsb0sj/3070_twin_edge_oc_flashed_to_270w/

evga 3070 xc3 black(270watts) flashed with FTW3(300watts)
https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/kxy5yp/rtx_3070_xc3_with_ftw3_bios/

gigabyte 3070 gaming oc (non pro)(270watts) flashed with strix(350watts)
          card is limited by the power connectors since some models use a 8+6 pin for power (310watts GPUz reported power)cannot find original reddit that shows gpuz 
https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/jpkwh1/gigabyte_gaming_oc_3070_bios_flashed_to_aorus/
https://www.reddit.com/r/overclocking/comments/w2qonz/how_to_get_even_more_performance_out_of_a_gpu_for/?sort=old

msi 3070 ventus x3(220watts) flashed to auros master(300watts)
https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/js4ngj/rtx_3070_flashing_bios_to_rtx_3070_ventus_3x_oc/

On the topic of overclocking, I found myself to be hitting voltage limits rather than power in most situations, are you able to control voltage past lets say 1.068v?

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

1 minute ago, Levent said:

On the topic of overclocking, I found myself to be hitting voltage limits rather than power in most situations, are you able to control voltage past lets say 1.068v?

Well, depends. I am limited by power on my 3060ti as Gigabyte completely locked the power slider so it's stuck at 100% so with my OC I found that I can't let fan run above 86% or the fan will use so much power that my card will start hitting power limits in some parts of benchmarks (and I run lower than stock voltage).

Not really relevant when I play games but it does affect my benchmarking scores quite a lot.

11 minutes ago, Levent said:

are u using msi afterburner

7 minutes ago, WereCat said:

Well, depends. I am limited by power on my 3060ti as Gigabyte completely locked the power slider so it's stuck at 100% so with my OC I found that I can't let fan run above 86% or the fan will use so much power that my card will start hitting power limits in some parts of benchmarks (and I run lower than stock voltage).

Not really relevant when I play games but it does affect my benchmarking scores quite a lot.

have u checked what ur bios says the power limit is in watts on techpowerup's vbios database if u cant find it there then u may have to look up unverified bios'

1 minute ago, clutchmaster said:

are u using msi afterburner

have u checked what ur bios says the power limit is in watts on techpowerup's vbios database if u cant find it there then u may have to look up unverified bios'

yeah, I am currently flashing a 350w bios (or attempting to if I can get rid of "a system reboot might be required" error in nvflash.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

1 minute ago, Levent said:

yeah, I am currently flashing a 350w bios (or attempting to if I can get rid of "a system reboot might be required" error in nvflash.

rebooting after a flash is needed so the gpu actually runs the bios though i think u know that

3 minutes ago, Levent said:

since ur using msi afterburner u need to make sure these are enabled 
then to force the card to use whatever voltage u want to whatever the voltage limit of the bios u must use the graph curve and to confirm the card is actually being commanded to run at that voltage use hwmonitor or hwinfo if msi after burner isnt showing the voltage like with my evga rtx 2060 KO other software is showing my voltage but msi afterburner isnt

asdfgv.png

7 minutes ago, clutchmaster said:

since ur using msi afterburner u need to make sure these are enabled 
then to force the card to use whatever voltage u want to whatever the voltage limit of the bios u must use the graph curve and to confirm the card is actually being commanded to run at that voltage use hwmonitor or hwinfo if msi after burner isnt showing the voltage like with my evga rtx 2060 KO other software is showing my voltage but msi afterburner isnt

asdfgv.png

Yeah those are enabled. Also can you please direct me to a working nvflash? The ones I found cant override GPU mismatch errors?

18 minutes ago, clutchmaster said:

According to https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/gigabyte-rtx-3060-ti-eagle.b8448 it's 200W but I believe it's actually lower on my card and around 180W. I have the V. 2 revision of this model. 

Not at my PC right now so can't check. 

30 minutes ago, Levent said:

Yeah those are enabled. Also can you please direct me to a working nvflash? The ones I found cant override GPU mismatch errors?

did u do the protect off command 

29 minutes ago, WereCat said:

According to https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/gigabyte-rtx-3060-ti-eagle.b8448 it's 200W but I believe it's actually lower on my card and around 180W. I have the V. 2 revision of this model. 

Not at my PC right now so can't check. 

thats not the VBIOS database from what i learned is that listing of the card tends be unreliable when finding true power limits of the card
this is the correct page and i think is what will appear when u look at the vbios u upload to the databse with GPUz
there are atleast 2 versions of the card 1 has a 220watt bios and the other is 200watts

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/?architecture=&manufacturer=Gigabyte&model=RTX+3060+Ti&version=&interface=&memType=&memSize=&since=

1 minute ago, clutchmaster said:

did u do the protect off command 

thats not the VBIOS database from what i learned is that listing of the card tends be unreliable when finding true power limits of the card
this is the correct page and i think is what will appear when u look at the vbios u upload to the databse with GPUz
there are atleast 2 versions of the card 1 has a 220watt bios and the other is 200watts

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/?architecture=&manufacturer=Gigabyte&model=RTX+3060+Ti&version=&interface=&memType=&memSize=&since=

yep nothing worked. Seems like Nvidia put some LHR controls to their vbioses as well.

28 minutes ago, Levent said:

yep nothing worked. Seems like Nvidia put some LHR controls to their vbioses as well.

what bios are u trying to use

30 minutes ago, Levent said:

also what is ur bios file have u uploaded it to the database

8 minutes ago, clutchmaster said:

what bios are u trying to use

I am trying to flash a TUF 3070 vbios to a Noctua 3070 (which is LHR only BUT shares the identical PCB as TUF).

11 minutes ago, Levent said:

I am trying to flash a TUF 3070 vbios to a Noctua 3070 (which is LHR only BUT shares the identical PCB as TUF).

u cannot crossflash LHR and non-LHR cards unfortunately

17 minutes ago, Levent said:

the TUF and the Noctua bios' have the same power limit of 270watts

20 minutes ago, Levent said:

if we're talking about 3070 non-TI

6 hours ago, clutchmaster said:

gigabyte 3070 gaming oc (non pro)(270watts) flashed with strix(350watts)
          card is limited by the power connectors since some models use a 8+6 pin for power (310watt

ok, im just curious, what would that actually do ...? i don't really know why more power would automatically mean higher frequencies? 

my gpu hits the *same* frequencies (2010-2020mhz) regardless of how much wattage it uses for example. 

and yes can confirm 8+6 pin on my 3070 vision oc which is basically the same card just prettier  = )

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

3 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

ok, im just curious, what would that actually do ...? i don't really know why more power would automatically mean higher frequencies? 

my gpu hits the *same* frequencies (2010-2020mhz) regardless of how much wattage it uses for example. 

and yes can confirm 8+6 pin on my 3070 vision oc which is basically the same card just prettier  = )

when the gpu hits the power limit the card will momentary drop voltage and clock speed u can witness this with cards with realy low power limits with the midium PL cards u may not see this happening much because it happens so fast this is known as clock stretching i have experienced micro stutters during intense scenes in gun fights and some cases a hard stutter with my gtx 1080 armour which came with a 220watt bios after i flashed a 290watt bios to it, it helped the stuttering.... the card that i got would hit power limit on stock clocks after the flash it maintaines a stable clock speed and only dropped speed bins as it got hotter 
if i die in a game it better be me and not my system i rather suck then something holding me back

• 9 months later...

Has anyone flashed the 300w or 350w vbios from ASUS on the zotac cards yet?