Thoughts on Uplay?

I find it a decent service, takes a shitload of time to load however.

The interface is okay, maybe too white (eyerape in the night).

Steam is better, I have not seen Origin.

I love that you get points for achievements and can unlock wallpapers and in-game bonuses, does Steam have this too?

I don't have a problem with it. And most ubi games run flawlessly on my system so i'll give them points for that :)

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

annoying to have to have that run, but in the end it atleast isnt causing any issues

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

It's just another thing that needs to run, If it's not in my steam library I don't usually play(Hearthstone and BF4 exceptions) 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

It's annoying for one because when I got Splinter Cell: Blacklist (free with an Nvidia code) there were updates galore one day for me since I didn't play it in a while. I had to download 4 huge separate updates for the game. When I'd get into the game, multiplayer wouldn't work so I backed out and found yet another update after relaunching it - did that 4 times to get those updates.

Then there's the whole game backup - I like to backup some of my games just in case, or just move them to another HDD. You can do that with UPlay, but the thing is the client will not detect that you have the game installed, no matter which folder you put the game in. So if you're wanting to move games to a different drive, you're SOL if you want the latest updates for the game, unless you want to redownload the whole game.

I complained to Ubisoft and they suggested that when I download a game that I make a backup of the installers before installing it.

tl;dr UPlay is a piece of shit and I'd rather use Origin.

annoying to have to have that run, but in the end it atleast isnt causing any issues

Why annoying? :P

Uplay is the biggest piece of crap i've ever had. It should die in a fire.

Steam > (far far far far away) Origin > (Eveeeeeeeeen fuuuuuurrrrttthhhhhhheeeeerrrrrr away) Uplay

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

same as origin, its not bad, its just another program to have open, up to date, another acct, ect ect

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I haven't done much with uplay for quite some time, but I LOVED it with the AC series from 2 to revelations, because you could do things with it on X360 and basically get free dlc for playing the games. 

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

Its annoying having to have a second launcher to play a small amount of games, but its not bad.

I'd say with the extra little features like the points from achievements to buy in game items, its above Origin for me. 

Steam is on top for the obvious reason of having the largest library and my friends actually having accounts on it.

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

It seems most people hate on it too much without much good reason I think.

It has some pretty nice features.

The main thing I don't like is it doesn't minimize to the tray like Steam and Origin.

CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 3700x CPU Cooler: AMD Wraith Prism Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8GB) SSD: Samsung 970 Plus 250GB NVME, WD Blue 2TB m.2, Crucial M500 240GB GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW PSU: Seasonic G-Series 550W CASE: Corsair 220T RGB

I hate the fact that the game I buy from Steam also includes uPlay. Like what the fuck is that shit. You put DRM into my DRM? Fuck you, Ubisoft.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

I've never had a problem with it. I hate that it has to load if I want to boot up AC4 even though that was bought on Steam. Oh well.

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 MB: MSI Z77A-GD55  CPU: i5 3330 OCd to 3.4Ghz CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i RAM: Kingston HyperX Blu 2x8GB @ 1600MHz GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming PSU: Seasonic M12II 650W HDD: Two Seagate Barracuda 2TB @ 7200 RPM SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

I hate services like uplay and origin. When I want to play a game, I just want to click on the game and play. I don't want to click on the game and wait for uplay to start, log in, and wait for it to check for updates and then it starts the game. That's why I buy ubisoft and ea games for the ps3 (or ps4) just so I don't have to deal with that bs.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x  GPU: ASUS Strix rtx 2080 Super RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 8gb x4 PSU: Corsair HX850i Motherboard: ASUS Strix x570-E Storage: Samsung 840 pro, Samsung 970 evo 1tb nvme, segate 2tb Case: NZXT H510I Cooling: Corsair h100i

The only reason I have ever used Uplay was to play free games that came with my pc hardware. It isn't terrible but I would much rather use steam for everything.

I don't know why so many people hate it. The program works fine for me and opens quick enough that I don't mind it.

Its the horrible child of Origin and Games for Windows Live

I budget build well. Want to learn? PM me if you want advice. 

It's not bad, but it's just another game store thing, that I have to keep open and up to date, that takes 5% of my system performance away

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

It sucks

Elaboration please?

It sucks to use. But once you get in game, it's no different than a Steam game except for the overlay. 

Why annoying? :P

it takes time for it to start, then it has to run in the background, then i have to close it.

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

I have ac4 on it but I find it so annoying that I don't play ac4 for that reason xD

CPU: i7 4770k@4.3Ghz GPU: GTX 780ti Motherboard: ROG maximus vi formula PSU: Evga supernova 1000w Platinum

Case: NZXT Switch 810 Memory: g.skill ripjaws X Cooler: Corsair h100i(getting custom loop when i get money next) Storage: Samsung 840 evo 250gb Keyboard: Corsair K95 Mouse: SteelSeries Rival

Elaboration please?

Now i'm all for an open market, but when you try and force a product that legitimately sucks. It is slow, very unorganized, and is lacking organization. Steam is very well designed and they have figured out how to properly design and monetize the platform. Ubisoft doesn't want to shell out the 5% to steam so the decided to throw together a piece of junk that is uplay and EA isn't much better with origin and the whole battlefield in browser launch thing. When the community tells you it sucks, start to change the sucky part....