Whats the point??

stuckonthis

Not sure what you're talking about. We're in an era where virtually all major new game releases get PC versions eventually; the only exception would be Nintendo stuff. Things are in a much better place than they were ~10 years ago when major publishers were not doing PC ports because PC gamers are supposedly all pirates or whatever.

That said, since virtually all of your posts on this forum seem to just be rants about how frustrated PC's and PC gaming make you, maybe for you personally it's not a constructive thing to spend money on anymore. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

1 hour ago, stuckonthis said:

Spending hundreds of $$ on gpu's when half the games such as EA are not even interested in making games for PC.

Because most people don't play half the EA games for personal and ethical reasons..

Note: Users receive notifications after Mentions & Quotes. 

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

PC:

Ryzen 5 5600 |16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

PCs I used before:

Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz | 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

Get out from your coconut shell. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

11 hours ago, Middcore said:

Not sure what you're talking about. We're in an era where virtually all major new game releases get PC versions eventually; the only exception would be Nintendo stuff. Things are in a much better place than they were ~10 years ago when major publishers were not doing PC ports because PC gamers are supposedly all pirates or whatever.

That said, since virtually all of your posts on this forum seem to just be rants about how frustrated PC's and PC gaming make you, maybe for you personally it's not a constructive thing to spend money on anymore. 

Well that's practically the purpose of these forums as these "rants" are about trouble shooting situations and we help each other out, we don't all come here like you talking about the weather.  No we are not in a better place than 10 years ago, it was 10 years ago when they were cross platforming more often, now they are neglecting.  

6 hours ago, xAcid9 said:

Well that was a waste of bandwidth!  ^^

10 hours ago, podkall said:

Because most people don't play half the EA games for personal and ethical reasons..

Ethical reasons lol we don't want hippies ruining the technology and gaming industry

Ethical reasons lol we don't want hippies ruining the technology and gaming industry

EA is one of the culprits of ruining gaming industry.

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

PC:

PCs I used before:

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

2 hours ago, podkall said:

EA is one of the culprits of ruining gaming industry.

I'm not an EA fan in particular but explain what you mean.

5 hours ago, stuckonthis said:

Well that's practically the purpose of these forums as these "rants" are about trouble shooting situations and we help each other out, we don't all come here like you talking about the weather. 

See that "171" under my name? That's 171 threads where someone asking for help marked my response as the most helpful answer.

That's happened 0 times with you. But that isn't surprising because you barely ever post in any thread except the complaining ones you start. 

5 hours ago, stuckonthis said:

No we are not in a better place than 10 years ago, it was 10 years ago when they were cross platforming more often, now they are neglecting.  

Objectively untrue.

10 years ago Microsoft wasn't bringing all their first-party Xbox releases to PC, now they do. 10 years ago the idea of Sony first-party titles coming to PC would have been ridiculous and now it's happening.

it would help your case if you could cite even one game you want to play that isn't on PC. EA is an especially weird publisher to mention as they bring just about all of their stuff to PC, although little of it is worth playing on any platform. 

In the end, only you can decide if you should stick with PC gaming. If you feel like it's not worth the cost given you still can't play whatever unspecified game or games you're upset about, then quit and go buy a console or take up a different hobby altogether. Nobody is going to care. There's no point in dumping disposable income into something that doesn't make you happy.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

I'm not an EA fan in particular but explain what you mean.

EA cares more about money than game quality

PC:

PCs I used before:

I didn't know EA had other games than the usual "Rebrand Title Sport Simulator 20xx".

| Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 Rev 7| AsRock X570 Steel Legend |

| 4x16GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 4000MHz CL16 | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | Seasonic Focus GX-1000|

| 512GB A-Data XPG Spectrix S40G RGB | 2TB A-Data SX8200 Pro| Phanteks Eclipse G500A |

6 hours ago, podkall said:

EA cares more about money than game quality

Maybe but I can't play an official sports game licence unless it's from over 10 years ago.  It would help if there was competition but there isn't so we need them for our $500+ graphic cards that we bought. 

7 hours ago, Middcore said:

See that "171" under my name? That's 171 threads where someone asking for help marked my response as the most helpful answer.

That's happened 0 times with you. But that isn't surprising because you barely ever post in any thread except the complaining ones you start. 

Objectively untrue.

10 years ago Microsoft wasn't bringing all their first-party Xbox releases to PC, now they do. 10 years ago the idea of Sony first-party titles coming to PC would have been ridiculous and now it's happening.

it would help your case if you could cite even one game you want to play that isn't on PC. EA is an especially weird publisher to mention as they bring just about all of their stuff to PC, although little of it is worth playing on any platform. 

In the end, only you can decide if you should stick with PC gaming. If you feel like it's not worth the cost given you still can't play whatever unspecified game or games you're upset about, then quit and go buy a console or take up a different hobby altogether. Nobody is going to care. There's no point in dumping disposable income into something that doesn't make you happy.

Groan get off your flying unicorn before you wake up for your cornflakes.  

"10 years ago Microsoft wasn't bringing all their first-party Xbox releases to PC, now they do. 10 years ago the idea of Sony first-party titles coming to PC would have been ridiculous and now it's happening"

No it isn't if it was I wouldn't have posted what I did . 🙄

15 minutes ago, stuckonthis said:

Maybe but I can't play an official sports game licence unless it's from over 10 years ago. 

Madden, NBA 2K, FIFA... All have their yearly installments come out on PC. 

10 minutes ago, stuckonthis said:

No it isn't

Specifically, which part of what I said are you asserting is wrong? 

God of War, The Last of Us, etc... You are denying those titles are available for PC?

Why aren't you answering @Middcore's question? I too would love to know what game you'd want to play on PC that hasn't come out for it. Maybe I'm missing the huge number of games not coming out on PC among the thousands that are released yearly that I'm just completely blind to what you're talking about. But we can't peek into your head to understand your perspective, so you have to elaborate a bit.

And now a word from our sponsor: 💩

-.-. --- --- .-.. --..-- / -.-- --- ..- / -.- -. --- .-- / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. .

ᑐᑌᑐᑢ

Spoiler

▄██████                                                      ▄██▀

▄█▀   ███                                                      ██

▄██     ███                                                      ██

███   ▄████  ▄█▀  ▀██▄    ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄██   ▄████▄

███████████ ███     ███ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀████ ▄██▀ ▀███▄

████▀   ███ ▀██▄   ▄██▀ ███    ███ ███        ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███

██▄    ███ ▄ ▀██▄██▀    ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄███  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██

▀█▄    ▀█ ██▄ ▀█▀     ▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀     ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀

▄█ ▄▄      ▄█▄  █▀            █▄                   ▄██  ▄▀

▀  ██      ███                ██                    ▄█

██      ███   ▄   ▄████▄   ██▄████▄     ▄████▄   ██   ▄

██      ███ ▄██ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ███▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ██ ▄██

██     ███▀  ▄█ ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███ ██  ▄█

█▄██  ▄▄██▀    ██  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██  ██  ██

▀███████▀    ▄████▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀ ▄█████████▄

2 hours ago, QuantumSingularity said:

I didn't know EA had other games than the usual "Rebrand Title Sport Simulator 20xx".

EA has many games, ever heared of Apex Legends?

PC:

PCs I used before:

On 2/18/2023 at 9:26 PM, stuckonthis said:

Spending hundreds of $$ on gpu's when half the games such as EA are not even interested in making games for PC.

I have no idea what you are talking about,

What games in recent years EA released for consoles and not for PC?

Also EA isn't the whole industry, it's just a tiny portion of it.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

Titanfall 2 is pretty good. That's on PC and runs pretty well.

But there's tons of other great games like Metro 2033, Warzone is popular, Stray, Elden Ring & more.

On 2/19/2023 at 2:45 AM, xAcid9 said:

i mean in a pretty weird twist OP has a point , but not the way he thinks... *most* games really dont utilize modern gpus fully... and i dont just mean use as much power as possible,  but texture work, physics, environments... overall graphics, sure lots of flashy stuff but if you look closely things didn't really change much the last ~10 years... there are indicators this might change right now with games using more ram/vram, but that doesn't mean the last 10-15 weren't pretty static...

PS3 launch games like Motorstorm still look great / impressive if you play them upscaled on RPCS3 for example. 

Of course nothing of that has anything to do with a shovelware company like EA, but the question if these gpus even make sense still has some merit (imo)

Not that im not satisfied or anything,  i usually really don't play much mainstream stuff, but i recently started playing Overwatch and while yes, its not very demanding... the graphics are sharp, the design on point and surprisingly the animations don't suck

Spoiler

basically anime shooter with mechs, sign me up! 😅

... and actually there's a lot going on with effects,  physics,  damage calculations, etc... i don't think it would actually be feasible or advantageous to have "higher fidelity" graphics  - not for the hardware the target group is sporting... or even just for the engine itself im not sure it would be possible with all the stuff going on during a match,  or even make sense, its a good thing that the base graphics are pretty simple (playing on Ultra*,  btw, because that's how i roll 😁)

*and with controller! : D

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

17 hours ago, Avocado Diaboli said:

Why aren't you answering @Middcore's question? I too would love to know what game you'd want to play on PC that hasn't come out for it. Maybe I'm missing the huge number of games not coming out on PC among the thousands that are released yearly that I'm just completely blind to what you're talking about. But we can't peek into your head to understand your perspective, so you have to elaborate a bit.

I for one would love a Bloodborne and Demon Souls PC release. These are one of the very few exceptions which are still console exclusive. 

But back to the main question: I simply want to enjoy the games i want to play. And i don't want my PC to be the limiting factor in how much enjoyment i get out of a game. That's why i also have high-end peripherals. I don't want any bad devices in the chain to negatively impact my gaming experience. Be it mouse, keyboard, gamepad, montior, headphones or the computer itself.

And most great gaming experiences in the last few years came from the Indie scene, which is mostly PC exclusive. Fact is, the PC gaming industry has never been in a better shape. People just have to realize that they should stop looking at just the AAA industry.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

There are probably infinitely more games on the PC than on the consoles combined. 

And i like the flexibility of a pc over a console. The only thing i miss from consoles is a good NHL game to play lol

I refuse to read threads whose author does not know how to remove the caps lock! 

— Grumpy old man