US Government mistakenly sends student a $350k drone

ETRJ

The US Government has mistakenly sent a student parts of a $350,000 drone or UAV.

Having initially ordered a weightlifting bench the student was surprised to find that as well as the necessary equipment for improving his upper body strength he'd also been sent most of the parts needed for a military-grade unmanned aerial drone.

Resisting what must have been the obvious urge to become the next General Jumbo the student contacted the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, alerting them to the whereabouts of their high-tech flying machine.

This was of course after they posted their findings to reddit asking for any advice on what to do with what was almost certainly not an accessory for the weightlifting bench.

Initially intended for a wildlife sanctuary the Puma AE UAS drone was being sent to help monitor wildlife on the sanctuary however the drone has also been used by the US Army as a recon UAV.

With a range of over 15 miles and a battery life that gives it well over three hours of flying time the Puma puts consumer drones to shame, unsurprising really when you consider the difference in cost.

http://www.t3.com/news/us-government-mistakenly-sends-student-a-dollar-350k-drone

Plagiarism much?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

if i was him id just keep it

dont say anything for about a year (if they didn't come looking around for it)

then just assemble it and use it :P

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

That is hilarious. Although that must have been terrifying to find drone parts at your door.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Plagiarism much?

he posted the source

this isnt considered plagiarism

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

That is the kind of thing that gets the government to make you "disappear".

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Too bad shit like this never happens to us nerds who actually know what to do with it. Man that would be soo cool. Even though id be just as clueless as the kid id just ask for help on here and have a fking drone. I mean come on now thats friggen cool!

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

Just saying, the UPS just made a mistake.

I don't think the US government would use UPS :P

I don't think the US government would use UPS :P

Well this package came via UPS so......

yes,i get it, :mellow:  but , does it come with a cup holder?

*by the way "the topic+your avatar=EPIC! :D "

Details separate people.

I would like this to happen to me.

"You can try to play chess with a pigeon. But even if you win, it'll shit on the board and strut around."

I would totally put it together and put that puny helicopter the neighbour has to shame.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

Well this package came via UPS so......

oh....

yes,i get it, :mellow: but , does it come with a cup holder? :)

Thank you :)

*by the way "the topic+your avatar=EPIC! :D "

same here:D

I got personally a airplane and a helicopter which is controllable. I can controll the heli but the airplane, its fast and wild as hell

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

he posted the source

this isnt considered plagiarism

what? how is this plagiarism?

Writing what someone else has written without a works cited. Linus has talked aobut this before and would like people to write in their own words, or give proper credit to the person who wrote the article.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

when i read the title i pictured a uav landing in front of his house.

CPU amd phenom ii x4 965 @ 3.4Ghz | Motherboard msi 970a-g46 | RAM 2x 4GB Team Elite | GPU XFX Radeon HD 7870 DD | Case NZXT Gamma Classic | HDD 750 GB Hitachi | PSU ocz modxstream pro 600w

Those are just parts of the drone so without the rest of the parts and proper knowledge about the drone and the assembly he can't really put it to any use.

They wouldn't just send assembled military equipment via UPS and this is why :D

BTW I'm surprised they use UPS anyway since they really tend to just throw the packages regardless of what's inside lol

On the reddit thread the OP said that UPS had sent it to him along with his weightlifting set because it was sitting with their undelivered items and for some reason had his name slapped on there. So UPS made a booboo. Not necessarily the US government.

Writing what someone else has written without a works cited. Linus has talked aobut this before and would like people to write in their own words, or give proper credit to the person who wrote the article.

he put a source link

>Spends ungodly amounts of cash for what many would consider illegal spying of citizens

>can't get a delivery address for military tech right

My confidence in the government shrinks each day.