LTT.COM IS A COLD HARD SCAM

jacKK

bro ltt is  clearly a scam like 70$ FOR A SCREW DRIVER?!?! AND NOT DELIVERING IT IN ONE DAY?!??! HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO DRIVE TO THE DELIVERY OFFICE??!?! CLEARLYA FCKING SCAM I WAITED 5 DAYS FOR THEM TO SHIP BUT NOTHINGI REACHED OUT 3 TIMES STILL NOTHING?!?!?! THEY ARE LAZY SCAMMERS, NEVER BUY OFF OF HERE EVER!!!!!

THEY WILLTAKE YOUR MONEY IGNORE YOU AND ROBYOU AND NEVER SHIP EVER

I understand this is a vent that will probably get deleted, but I'm bored. 

7 minutes ago, jacKK said:

70$ FOR A SCREW DRIVER?!?!

I see you've never bought quality tools before. They aren't cheap. Especially if made in lower volumes like LTTs are. 

AND NOT DELIVERING IT IN ONE DAY?!??! HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO DRIVE TO THE DELIVERY OFFICE??!?!

Places like amazon can offer 1-day shipping due to having thousands of absolutely massive warehouses across the country with the most commonly bought products stocked there. LTT does not have that kind of infrastructure in place, they are likely working with FedEx/UPS/etc, at work we have contracts with FedEx to ship stuff out via them. They typically pick up at the end of the day for us, LTT takes their product in to be shipped last I heard, so 1-day shipping likely isn't a practical ask for how their setup is. 

Basically, make at least some attempt to understand how things work before assuming malice. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

Well ltt.com is not affiliated with lttstore.com, the official LTT store. 

They are being sent in waves so you're just going to have to wait. 

https://www.lttstore.com/products/screwdriver

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

It's a low volume product from a relatively small store. 
Welcome to dealing with smaller players. I had this happen back 20ish years ago. 

FWIW I ordered 2 screw drivers, they both arrived before Christmas. 

They're better than I expected. I showed them to a few people on the geeky side (coworkers, roommate) who also appreciated it. 
Not 100% sure if it's worth $70ish for me (I'm a cheap skate and this was an impulsive exception), but it's by far the nicest screw driver I've ever used and it DOES make things easier for the few things I've tried it with (DIY project involving bolting 2 rumblers under a couch and a bit of fiddling with some small screws on an amplifier). 

I figure it'll be worth it if I don't misplace it within 10 years otherwise, not worth it. 
If you see it as a rare luxury splurge it's mostly fine. 

3900x | 32GB RAM | RTX 2080

1.5TB Optane P4800X | 2TB Micron 1100 SSD | 16TB NAS w/ 10Gbe
QN90A | Polk R200, ELAC OW4.2, PB12-NSD, SB1000, HD800

bro first theres nothing special about it. and i ordered it  whith 8k units in stock so its not low volume??? they have a total of I didnt count but like 50k of them

2 minutes ago, jacKK said:

what does that mean?

LTT.com isnt under the linus media group corp

1 minute ago, jacKK said:

what does that mean?

Exactly as it sounds. So the next wave, wave 9, contains 15,000 screwdrivers that will be sent on February 10th. When you buy the screwdriver, you're going to be apart of that wave right now that will be sent February 10th. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

2 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

Exactly as it sounds. So the next wave, wave 9, contains 15,000 screwdrivers that will be sent on February 10th. When you buy the screwdriver, you're going to be apart of that wave right now that will be sent February 10th. 

so but wouldnt it be shipped before then??? why so long???

because the manufacturer won't send each driver back to them as they finsh, they will wait until all 15,000 units are made and then ship them on a pallet back to vancouver. saves ltt and the manufacturer money

27 minutes ago, jacKK said:

They're being manufactured and transported. 

These are being sold about as fast as they can be made. 

From what I can tell these have relatively tight quality standards. This adds production time and/or qualification time and/or results in some chunk of the drives being thrown out as insufficient. 

As it stands you basically ordered something that's backordered because more people want it than there are screwdrivers are available. 

Would you make the same claim about Nintendo for not having enough Switches? Sony for PS5s? Microsoft on XBSX?

This is a simpler item than a console but LMG basically has just enough cash on hand to order one batch at a time (probably less of an issue now but it was before). It takes hundreds of thousands of dollars of R&D to get this stuff going. 

19 minutes ago, Ytpopcorn73 said:

because the manufacturer won't send each driver back to them as they finsh, they will wait until all 15,000 units are made and then ship them on a pallet back to vancouver. saves ltt and the manufacturer money

Adding to this... 

The supply chain is something like: specialty part made in Taiwan gets made. They aren't shipped until 15,000 are ready to save of shipping costs. Then it takes 2 weeks to get it across the ocean and onto a truck. Then it takes some time to get to the right part of Canada to be assembled. Then all the other stuff has to happen. 
Then it needs to get to Creator Warehouse... 
Then it needs to get shipped. 

It's going to take a while to get them all out until the backorders are satisfied. 

Eventually all of the demand will get satisfied and LTTStore will have a floating inventory of parts on hand. At this point sales should be MUCH faster. In the mean time, there ARE disclaimers on the webpage, reviews on the web page and semi-regular disclaimers on the WAN show about shipping delays. Heck they even post that you can't take the thing on an airplane.

You can say that shipping and logistics suck and that's probably accurate. It's not an outright scam though. I have 2/2 screwdrivers in my possession. 

39 minutes ago, Popcorn73 said:

wait so they onlyhave 8365 rnandthey wont ship till 15k?but it says feb 10 tho

Here's a free course on Operations/Supply Chain/Manufacturing from an Ivy League university. It talks about tradeoffs between cost, responsiveness and quality. I skimmed it like 10 years ago and it was solid. Most of what LMG is doing makes sense if you skim through that course. They're selling stuff as soon as it arrives. They have no extra units to sell to buffer orders before a wave arrives. There's only so many manufacturers that can be considered and some might be faster (but either much more expensive or lower quality) but it's likely that what's happening is that LMG is basically getting a week or two of machine time in a spurt and they're taking turns with other parties at the same foundry. A foundry won't consider a batch size that's too small because it takes too long to configure and calibrate equipment. Not every foundry is high quality enough to make this part. No foundry wants to throw away all of its other business just to help one relatively small party build up inventory at the start. 

https://www.coursera.org/learn/wharton-operations

I do want to emphasize, here and now shipping/logistics sucks. The product itself appears fine/beats expectations. It's not a cold hard scam, it's just a very expensive, highly delayed premium product. It's 100% fair to criticize any delays past estimate. I had my label printed but the product NOT shipped for a week or two during the Christmas rush. 

16 hours ago, jacKK said:

wait so they onlyhave 8365 rnandthey wont ship till 15k?but it says feb 10 tho

Most of the batches are 15K in size. When they get their next batch, it'll be 15k in size. They currently do NOT have the next batch on hand.

LTT has a production agreement with third parties. The third parties will send these to LTT, whether LTT has pre-filled all the orders or not (probably with SOME flexibility for cancelling/expanding further out orders). The third parties only have so many machines/laborers so you can't instantly snap them into existence. At this point it's likely that the lag is due to manufacturers/shippers. Again, it comes in waves so that the item isn't priced at a stupid level (there is a tradeoff between cost and latency). At some point LTT will get extra screwdrivers on hand and this will serve as a buffer between new shipments. There's too much demand for that right now and the moment a new wave comes in, it starts being shipped out. 

I can't speak to LTT's stock on hand but it's very likely that they have a very small number on hand. 

Think of it as the Tesla of screw drivers... usually back-ordered by months. An expensive and high margin item... 
You'll get it eventually. 

As far as outlining what has been said in this thread. This is at the top of the order page. You had to scroll past all of the stuff listed in order to make an order. 

They describe that it's a back-order item. They describe that they receiving things in batches. They list an estimated ship date but note that it's an estimate. They say how many people can get in on a given wave before it sells out. 
I might remember wrong but I think you even needed to click an acknowledgement that there would be a delay. 

image.thumb.png.dee7a577993f99d1847c1d248e88c998.png

I think most of the replies in here have done a decent job of explaining the backorder process. The confusion here seems to be coming from this counter:

image.png

This is not stock on-hand. Rather, this is the number of un-sold screwdrivers that we estimate can be shipped by February 10th. Hope that clears it up for you.

After this wave of backorders is fulfilled we'll be able to start building up a back-stock, and then nobody will have to worry about backorders after that. 🙂

Customer Service Supervisor; lttstore.com

Need help with an lttstore order? Contact us or check out our FAQ here.

Trust me bro

bro i really think i cant trust ltt they litterly refunded me without consent i ordered a screwdriver and they canceled order like bro -_- be a legit seller or dont sell

2 hours ago, Adam - LTTStore Support said:

I think most of the replies in here have done a decent job of explaining the backorder process. The confusion here seems to be coming from this counter:

image.png

This is not stock on-hand. Rather, this is the number of un-sold screwdrivers that we estimate can be shipped by February 10th. Hope that clears it up for you.

After this wave of backorders is fulfilled we'll be able to start building up a back-stock, and then nobody will have to worry about backorders after that. 🙂

its not on hand but will be shipped??? what??

5 minutes ago, jacKK said:

bro -_- be a legit seller or dont sell

Except that its very common thing to do in online commerce. I had my order cancelled more times than rejected as a date.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

1 minute ago, Biohazard777 said:

Not sure how to interpret that.

No need to. Having a loving bf now. 😛

Also yeah, sus history. Seriously OP, have you try support?

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

50 minutes ago, jacKK said:

its not on hand but will be shipped??? what??

Now you don't make any sense....

On-hand = at location, in storage

The post is saying "they are not in our possession, but once they are, the shipping process can start.

I'd like to address one thing that hasn't been addressed here. Its your use, or rather misuse of the term "scam". You are using this because you aren't getting something right after buying. While in reality, it means that something isn't going as advertised. LMG has not advertised 1-day shipping. IIRC it's advertised as standard 5-14 days. LMG has not advertised low prices nor low quality. If you want to have screwdriver with similar specs for cheaper, you can get it right now from nearest hardware store. And as clearly seen on page, they haven't advertised having stock at the moment.

So we can talk about "scam" once the advertised thing doesn't happen. Which so far hasn't.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

OP, first you shout, yell & rant about the screwdriver is a rip-off, and how LTT store is a scam.

Now you got refunded, you shout, yell & rant as well.
The only thing consistent about it is the shouting & yelling. Which makes me assume you will shout, yell & rant about anything.

Kinda wonder how much sheltered & priviledged your life has been though.

If you feel like you can't trust LTT, that is your right to think & feel so. I won't try to persuade you to think or feel you should.

So basing on what you said, they have refunded you, which means you don't need to feel paranoid about letting LTT hold your money until the stuff you ordered arrive.

Problem solved.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

13 hours ago, Adam - LTTStore Support said:

image.png

Just to clarify, would the screwdrivers be shipped to the warehouse by Feb 10, or shipped to customers by Feb 10?

7 minutes ago, proofofintelligence said:

Just to clarify, would the screwdrivers be shipped to the warehouse by Feb 10, or shipped to customers by Feb 10?

That's when they're expecting to be able to start shipping to customers. There is an additional few weeks delay for black shaft screwdrivers. If you ordered the black shaft from Wave 9 it likely won't ship until March.

Units with the black shaft may delay beyond these dates as those are limited run & built to order. Current estimate for shipment of black shaft drivers is 4 weeks after silver shaft drivers from the same wave (eg. Wave 4 silver shaft drivers should ship by November 20, so Wave 4 black shaft drivers should ship by December 20)

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

14 hours ago, Adam - LTTStore Support said:

image.png

I wonder if people would find it less confusing if this said "There are 6969 screwdriver backorders remaining in wave X".

Then again, it seems like people are going to be willfully obtuse about this whole process no matter how it's presented... 🤷‍♂️

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

7 hours ago, Poinkachu said:

I expected a more intelligent troll in this forum. *sigh*
I guess dream will stay a dream.

OP, first you shout, yell & rant about the screwdriver is a rip-off, and how LTT store is a scam.

Now you got refunded, you shout, yell & rant as well.
The only thing consistent about it is the shouting & yelling. Which makes me assume you will shout, yell & rant about anything.

Kinda wonder how much sheltered & priviledged your life has been though.

If you feel like you can't trust LTT, that is your right to think & feel so. I won't try to persuade you to think or feel you should.

So basing on what you said, they have refunded you, which means you don't need to feel paranoid about letting LTT hold your money until the stuff you ordered arrive.

Problem solved.

can i still reorder???

47 minutes ago, Spotty said:

That's when they're expecting to be able to start shipping to customers. There is an additional few weeks delay for black shaft screwdrivers. If you ordered the black shaft from Wave 9 it likely won't ship until March.

bro they canceled my order without consent do sum you mod

11 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Now you don't make any sense....

On-hand = at location, in storage

The post is saying "they are not in our possession, but once they are, the shipping process can start.

I'd like to address one thing that hasn't been addressed here. Its your use, or rather misuse of the term "scam". You are using this because you aren't getting something right after buying. While in reality, it means that something isn't going as advertised. LMG has not advertised 1-day shipping. IIRC it's advertised as standard 5-14 days. LMG has not advertised low prices nor low quality. If you want to have screwdriver with similar specs for cheaper, you can get it right now from nearest hardware store. And as clearly seen on page, they haven't advertised having stock at the moment.

So we can talk about "scam" once the advertised thing doesn't happen. Which so far hasn't.

so its like a preorder then???

bro they canceled my order without consent do sum you mod

Forum mods have nothing to do with the store.

1 minute ago, jacKK said:

so its like a preorder then???

It's a back order. You literally had to scroll past info explaining this to make the order in the first place.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16