North Korea releases report on United States Human Rights Abuses

Askew

Source

Raw text of the 'report'

North Korea, home to many questions about the treatment of it's people has released a list of alleged human rights abuses perpetrated by the United States of America, the news article and the report in question are both linked above for reference.

The report claims that "The US is a living hell as elementary rights to human existence are ruthlessly violated"

Now whether or not this is the case, it's a bit of 'Pot calling kettle black' is it not? The US is hardly a shining light unto the world when it comes to the behaviour of their government but I'd argue that NK is worse.

The consensus of the report, is that the USA is the worst human rights offender on earth, there are arguments both to support this and to disprove it, but some of the things in the NK report ironically describe their own country.

let's see if this can survive past a page without turning into an abusive and racist debate, I'm not from NK or from the US, I'm just observing the situation from the side.

NK can suck it.

No but seriously, you're right OP.

:lol:  I think we've got it a little better than North Korea.

edit: The sad thing is, a lot of the things they said were true or nearly true! The only outright lie is that they use drones to spy on us, and I don't think those racism polls are necessarily true, other than that it's sadly fairly accurate.

- "some salty pretzel bun fanboy" ~ @helping, 2014
- "Oh shit, watch out guys, we got a hopscotch bassass here..." ~ @vinyldash303

- "Yes the 8990 is more fater than the 4820K and as you can see this specific Video card comes with 6GB" ~ Alienware 2014

"The U.S. government has monitored every movement of its citizens and foreigners, with many cameras and tapping devices and even drones involved, under the pretext of "national security" "

Well... North Korea has a point there.

"The U.S. government has monitored every movement of its citizens and foreigners, with many cameras and tapping devices and even drones involved, under the pretext of "national security" "

Well... North Korea has a point there.

Yes, but I do feel that 'let he who is without sin cast the first stone' is a good piece of advice in life IMO.

If you read the actual report that was released you will realise that mostof it is quite accurate. Americans will obviously defend America no matter what since that is what they are brainwashed to do.

well, look who's talking. at least obama hasn't executed any of his family members yet.

or did he? dun dun duuuuuun.

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

well, look who's talking. at least obama hasn't executed any of his family members yet.

How would you know? As far as I'm concerned it's not 100% clear as to where the man himself even came from.

How would you know? As far as I'm concerned it's not 100% clear as to where the man himself even came from.

mr. trump, is that you?

So they are fairly accurate this time? Wow...

Ehh typical propaganda, doesn't surprise me one bit. 

One Who Craves Souls

I don't think it fits the bill for 'typical' NK propaganda though, I see that as more basic demonization where as this is more itemised and point by point.

Ehh typical propaganda, doesn't surprise me one bit. 

The stuff we hear about North Korea mostly comes from Western sources. I'm not saying it's all propaganda, but I'm guessing a lot of it is. 

The stuff we hear about North Korea mostly comes from Western sources. I'm not saying it's all propaganda, but I'm guessing a lot of it is. 

I would agree partly, the accounts of people who have defected from NK back some of it up.

I would agree partly, the accounts of people that have defected from NK back some of it up.

I had a North Korean student in my class back in school, he was pretty introverted so I never really got much out of him, but he seemed quite happy about where he was from.

I'm sure it's a different story for the farmers and laborers there, but I actually don't think North Korea is that bad of a place. I think the citizens at least seem to be a lot more appreciative than people from the west.

Look at China 50 years ago compared to now, I think North Korea actually has a great platform to develop a democratic country on if the Kim family ever decide to reform.

I had a North Korean student in my class back in school, he was pretty introverted so I never really got much out of him, but he seemed quite happy about where he was from.

I'm sure it's a different story for the farmers and laborers there, but I actually don't think North Korea is that bad of a place. I think the citizens at least seem to be a lot more appreciative than people from the west.

Look at China 50 years ago compared to now, I think North Korea actually has a great platform to develop a democratic country on if the Kim family ever decide to reform.

I really wish that is the case.

One Who Craves Souls

I don't think it fits the bill for 'typical' NK propaganda though, I see that as more basic demonization where as this is more itemised and point by point.

Sounds about right, I usually just filter out things like this. It's of no relevance to me unless it effects my work, well most of the time that is.  

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Sounds about right, I usually just filter out things like this. It's of no relevance to me unless it effects my work, well most of the time that is.  

Please post a 'filtering out' gif!

NK says US sucks. US says NK sucks. Meh.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

Please post a 'filtering out' gif!

cAwlk.gif

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

lol! no he has his own brand of gifs.

lol! no he has his own brand of gifs.

cattle_brand.jpg

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

I really wish that is the case.

Yeah I actually really want to go there to see for myself what it's like. I imagine it's not great, but I don't think it's half as bad as we are told especially if you were raised there.

It actually seems like quite a beautiful country with lot's of potential, but obviously other countries don't wan't to co-operate with them as it stands, as a dictatorship.

Hopefully tensions between north and south subside, so we can see something good come out of it all. Not all dictators are bad, hopefully there will be a good one in the family, Kim Jong Un doesn't seem as bad as his predecessors but I doubt he will be the one to bring reform. I was watching a doc recently that showed them bringing in teachers from the US and UK to educate students and allowing limited access to the internet, of course under the watchful eye of 'minders', but it's progress.