how does fiverr work? do they sponsor you?

Go to solution Solved by Takumidesh,
6 minutes ago, 12345678 said:

network

what is your meaning of network here?

are you referring to a network of people?

If so, of course fiverr has ways to grow that, just like any other platform.

https://www.fiverr.com/pages/promoted-gigs

and for the end user to find highly rated people: https://discover.fiverr.com/

7 minutes ago, 12345678 said:

as I see they don't really advertize your services, nor they give you options to pay for such advertising,

I did not find any sponsorship, like ebay does (with products not services)

if I need to use my own network, whats the point of fiverr? why should I even be there if I use my own network to get money? to pay their fees? its ridicolous

You advertise your services, people who want said services might pay you for them, that's about it.

Fiverr acts as a platform for people to 'set up shop', so to speak. In exchange, they get a cut from whatever you're paid.

23 minutes ago, lewdicrous said:

You advertise your services, people who want said services might pay you for them, that's about it.

Fiverr acts as a platform for people to 'set up shop', so to speak. In exchange, they get a cut from whatever you're paid.

I see... big bs

3 minutes ago, 12345678 said:

I see... big bs

They're not going to host the platform out of the goodness of their hearts.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

I use Fiverr ALOT.  Its amazing.

Video editing, photo editing, artwork, content creation, music, sound effects etc.

I think its an amazing outlet for me to connect with people across the globe to collaborate and finish projects.

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

55 minutes ago, 12345678 said:

I see... big bs

why is it bs, explain

Dont forget to mark as solution if your question is answered

Note: My advice is amateur help/beginner troubleshooting, someone else can probably troubleshoot way better than me.

- I do have some experience, and I can use google pretty well. - Feel free to quote me I may respond soon.

Join team Red, my apprentice

STOP SIDING WITH NVIDIA

Setup:
Ryzen 7 5800X3DSapphire Nitro+ 7900XTX 24GB / ROG STRIX B550-F Gaming / Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler / EVGA SuperNova 850 G2 / Lian Li Dynamic Evo White Case / 2x16 GB Kingston FURY RAM / 2x 1TB Lexar 710 / iiYama 1440p 165HZ Montitor, iiYama 1080p 75Hz Monitor / Shure MV7 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo / GK61 Keyboard / Cooler Master MM712 (daily driver) Logitech G502-X (MMO mouse) / Soundcore Life Q20 w/ Arctis 3 w/ WF-1000XM3

CPU OC: -30 all cores @AutoGhz

GPU OC: 3Ghz Core 2750Mhz Memory w/ 25%W increase (460W)

49 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

They're not going to host the platform out of the goodness of their hearts.

indeed, but if I need to take advantage of my own network, I do not see the point of using their service,

there's tons of cheaper solutions, and that do offer some sort of advertising, although unlike ebay, they usually take their cut, without giving you sureness of sales

1 hour ago, 12345678 said:

I see... big bs

Is this stemming from a misunderstanding of what the platform was made to do?

I don't recall seeing anything that would suggest that fiverr will sponsor/advertise your services for you, but then again, I don't use it.

57 minutes ago, 12345678 said:

if I need to take advantage of my own network

People who need [X] done go on fiverr because it's a well known platform, search for people who can do [X], if you do [X] you'll come up in search results and they might hire you. It's a platform, that results in discovery and handles the exchanges between parties, and that charges for that. 

Usual and straightforward.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

6 hours ago, 12345678 said:

indeed, but if I need to take advantage of my own network, I do not see the point of using their service,

there's tons of cheaper solutions, and that do offer some sort of advertising, although unlike ebay, they usually take their cut, without giving you sureness of sales

You are using your own hardware and networking to do your job otherwise too? You just bake in that cost into what you are charging from customers. Thats how operating business works. What Fiverr, Etsy, eBay etc. are, are just platforms for advertising. Sure you can advertise where ever you like. Ad on Facebook is something like $100 for minimum. And it doesn't guarantee you get any value back. With Fiverr and others, setting up your service is free (if I have understood them correctly) and they take the cut/fee from your commission fee. So you get free advertising, your potential customers get safer buying experience and Fiverr makes money. You can and should still bake in any additional costs that offering your service costs you, balancing between making profit vs getting customers.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

7 hours ago, 12345678 said:

I have to use my own car to drive to work...

I have to use my own clothes...

I have to bring my own meals...

I had to use my own computer to learn the skills for my job...

I have to use my own sunglasses to block out the haters...

To add: services like fiverr offer a platform that does a lot of stuff for you, it handles payment processing for one, which is a big deal, especially if you have clients from all over the world.

If your question is answered, mark it so.  | It's probably just coil whine, and it is probably just fine |   LTT Movie Club!

Read the docs. If they don't exist, write them. | Professional Thread Derailer

Desktop: i7-8700K, RTX 2080, 16G 3200Mhz, EndeavourOS(host), win10 (VFIO), Fedora(VFIO)

Server: ryzen 9 5900x, GTX 970, 64G 3200Mhz, Unraid.

That is correct, if I pay you to create something you cannot come to my house and use my PC to do it.

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

1 hour ago, LogicalDrm said:

You are using your own hardware and networking to do your job otherwise too? You just bake in that cost into what you are charging from customers. Thats how operating business works. What Fiverr, Etsy, eBay etc. are, are just platforms for advertising. Sure you can advertise where ever you like. Ad on Facebook is something like $100 for minimum. And it doesn't guarantee you get any value back. With Fiverr and others, setting up your service is free (if I have understood them correctly) and they take the cut/fee from your commission fee. So you get free advertising, your potential customers get safer buying experience and Fiverr makes money. You can and should still bake in any additional costs that offering your service costs you, balancing between making profit vs getting customers.

as I see they don't really advertize your services, nor they give you options to pay for such advertising, as what happens with ebay, facebook or any other random social

the results that they give are usually categorized by feedbacks or numbers of sales, then they also use corporate shillers to sponsor their platform as being a good place to sell/buy, so they attract people

I'm not trying to make this a fight, as I see from other users making fun statements

but in my end it does not look so interesting as they trade it to be, and that's fine

nor as a buyer, nor as a seller, it looks just like a sweatshop with overall garbage quality

but this is my opinion, I'm better off dealing with my own network without a middleman, which doesn't either actively sponsor my products

6 minutes ago, 12345678 said:

network

what is your meaning of network here?

are you referring to a network of people?

If so, of course fiverr has ways to grow that, just like any other platform.

and for the end user to find highly rated people: https://discover.fiverr.com/

7 minutes ago, 12345678 said:

as I see they don't really advertize your services, nor they give you options to pay for such advertising,

If your question is answered, mark it so.  | It's probably just coil whine, and it is probably just fine |   LTT Movie Club!

Read the docs. If they don't exist, write them. | Professional Thread Derailer

Desktop: i7-8700K, RTX 2080, 16G 3200Mhz, EndeavourOS(host), win10 (VFIO), Fedora(VFIO)

Server: ryzen 9 5900x, GTX 970, 64G 3200Mhz, Unraid.

6 hours ago, 12345678 said:

it looks just like a sweatshop with overall garbage quality

This is funny notion since Fiverr isn't employer, but more like landlord of mall. And the garbage quality is equal to everyone thinking they are great streamers and having Twitch.

With such negative preface, I don't think this avenue of expanding your customer base is for you.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

The typically smart thing to do if you want to do more jobs is to try multiple avenues.

Being on Fiverr doesn't mean you can't also take jobs from somewhere else. Maybe it brings more, maybe not, maybe theiy're worthy jobs you take, maybe not and you decline them, but if you never try you'll never know. 

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2