Any iPhone/iPad Apps that ACTUALLY improve camera quality?

Anthony10

Wasn't really sure where to put this...

Title kinda explains it all, I have a 4th Gen iPad Retina and an iPhone 5S, I think the camera is actually better on the 5S, but not sure. Are there any apps that improve the quality of the pictures?

there is an app for the iphone 5s that lets it record 1440p (the iphone 4s,5,5c and the 5s has all 4k sensors)

there is an app for the iphone 5s that lets it record 1440p (the iphone 4s,5,5c and the 5s has all 4k sensors)

5S has 4k sensors..? wat? and what's the name of the app?

I really don't understand how software can effect the quality of a piece of a hardware, especially a camera.

@julekule

I REALLY doubt they have 4k sensors. What's your source?

I really don't understand how software can effect the quality of a piece of a hardware, especially a camera.

@julekule

What do you think turns the photons into an image? Protip: it isnt just hardware

I doubt it, but I wouldn't be surprised as Apple would do something like that to improve lower res quality.

ACS Systems - Jason Neal

My "Danger Den" PC: i7-4960x @ 4.5Ghz, ASUS X79 Deluxe, 3x GTX Titan Black, 6x m4 512GB, 64GB Corsair DDR3-2400, Corsair AX1500i

Black Beauty Workstation/LAN PC: i5-4570 @ 3.79 GHz, ASRock Z87E-ITX, XFX Double D R9-280 (Non-X), GSkill 8GB DDR3-2400

@julekule

What do you think turns the photons into an image? Protip: it isnt just hardware

^that.

Not really, i would just stick to the stock camera app honestly.

Interested in Business and Technology

@julekule

http://www.amobil.no/artikler/denne-appen-lar-deg-filme-i-superopplosning-pa-iphone/158600

it is an norwegian source

and the app is called ultrakam

and you can record 4k at 20fps burst

I doubt it, but I wouldn't be surprised as Apple would do something like that to improve lower res quality.

Knowing them it is the same sensor for years they just keep increasing the megapixels of it through software. A 4 k camera sensor can't be that small otherwise it would suck like hell in low light. Lower megapixels is the better the low light quality.

It's taking awhile to install so that's a good thing I think... I hope...

It's taking awhile to install so that's a good thing I think... I hope...

lets hope it is good

lets hope it is good

installed, it records at 2592x1936, (3k), at 24fps, you can record higher fps but it would take forever to transfer/take up a lot of data. I think if I connect it to my computer I can get faster download speeds. I only want it for image taking so that's fine for me. It is recording at 50mb/s so I'll finally use the 32gb my phone has that I don't use :P I'll export it to my computer and take a video with my default camera to compare or photo.

Oh cool it has a online downloader that uses your network so I type in 10.0.0.9 and it connects me to my files! awesome!