What's the point of different profiles for keyboards and mice?

TheMidnightNarwhal

Just trying to wrap my head around it never quite understood their intended purposes.

For example, I usually just set the RGB I want and there's that. I guess I could see different macros but do people really have a different set of macros per game/profile? 

For mice, do people really use different DPIs per game rather than have a set DPI and you change the ingame sensitivity? 

-> Moved to Peripherals

To both, answer is yes. Though with keyboards, the need for profiles is less obvious. I don't think many use them for other than RGB. But for mice, DPS, binds and macros are a key. I have different dps for graphics editing than for Windows in general. I have had in past different dps for games and within game too. I have had different profiles for different software for work because of macros and binds.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

14 minutes ago, TheMidnightNarwhal said:

Just trying to wrap my head around it never quite understood their intended purposes.

For example, I usually just set the RGB I want and there's that. I guess I could see different macros but do people really have a different set of macros per game/profile? 

For mice, do people really use different DPIs per game rather than have a set DPI and you change the ingame sensitivity? 

Yes, I use different DPI profiles between FPS, RTS and desktop as well as disable some buttons in esports games.

Keyboard, I disable a few buttons for certain games

For mine, I have two profiles. I have one that is the RGB that I like on both keyboard and mouse. The other is the rgb turned off on everything incase I need to leave my pc on for any reason.

My PC Specs: (expand to view)

Main Gaming Machine

CPU: Intel Core i7-10700K - OC to 5 GHz All Cores
CPU Cooler: Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT (Front Mounted AIO)
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600

Storage: Intel 665p 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD (x2)
Video Card: Zotac RTX 3070 8 GB GAMING Twin Edge OC

Power Supply: Corsair RM850 850W
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow
Case Fan 120mm: Noctua F12 PWM 54.97 CFM 120 mm (x1)
Case Fan 140mm: Noctua A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140 mm (x4)
Monitor Main: Asus VG278QR 27.0" 1920x1080 165 Hz
Monitor Vertical: Asus VA27EHE 27.0" 1920x1080 75 Hz

I don't use them as much, profiles for keyboard so say macros don't overlap with either Windows and different software or game binds. Though I try to set main things to work regardless of profiles so it works in general. Like launch certain thing. I use dozens of macros in WoW so this is nothing strange to me.

For mouse, no no profiles, don't need anything change. In fact no software it's all hardware setup for my mouse. I never really change my DPI I could on my mouse if I'd need for older game that only may work like that or I'd need to for some software for more precission though very rare.

So in general no I kinda stopped with profiles for both as I can set up and get pretty much everything without changing them on the fly.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |