Oculus Strikes back at ZeniMax

As most of you have already read ZeniMax claimed some crap about Oculus VR last week due to Carmack (I do wonder why they didn´t come out with that sooner)

Well, screw that, Oculus came out and said NOPE!

"We are disappointed but not surprised by Zenimax’s actions and we will prove that all of its claims are false. In the meantime, we would like to clarify a few key points"
The rest can be read here:
http://www.gamebreaker.tv/news-main/tech-2/oculus-responds-to-zenimax-ip-claims-says-zenimax-cancelled-doom-3-bfg-vr-support-when-denied-equity/

Well i for one am glad this came out, i didn't find last weeks read enjoyable, well lets se what will happen! 

@Slick

Edit: Kitguru had the same thoughts as me:
KitGuru Says: There is no ZeniMax code included in the Oculus Rift SDK and the company apparently wasn’t interested in VR until after Oculus was bought by Facebook. We will have to wait and see where this goes but many gamers will likely be hoping that Zenimax has no case. 
Source
http://www.kitguru.net/peripherals/matthew-wilson/oculus-fires-back-at-zenimax-over-vr-ownership-claims/

It would not surprise me if more BS from other companies would suddenly pop up.

Thats a nice counter... still interested in seeing how this will all turn out. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Those are some pretty strong points against zenimax

#killedmywife #howtomakebombs #vgamasterrace

Plot Twist: Oculus had Zenimax try to sue them so they can prove them wrong, making them look better and have people cheer them on gaining support from the Facebook deal... Any company that doesn't let the graceful Carmack roam free, is bound to fail.

Case: CM Storm Trooper I CPU: 4770k @4.5ghz I Cpu cooler: H110 I RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16gb 2400mhz I GPU: Sapphire 7970 OC I Mobo: Msi gd65 I PSU: Corsair rm 750w I KEYBOARD: Cm Storm Trigger cherry mx blue I MOUSE: Corsair m65 I MONITORS: ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz and Acer X223W 22" 60hz I AUDIO: Corsair vengeance 1500

Plot Twist: Oculus had Zenimax try to sue them so they can prove them wrong, making them look better and have people cheer them on gaining support from the Facebook deal... Any company that doesn't let the graceful Carmack roam free, is bound to fail.

Anything is possible.

• Zenimax did not pursue claims against Oculus for IP or technology, Zenimax has never contributed any IP or technology to Oculus, and only after the Facebook deal was announced has Zenimax now made these claims through its lawyers.

I love that line, its what everyone was thinking.

Will be interesting to see how all this plays out in the future, and which other companies and individuals step up and try to get there slice.

But they are starting strong, pushing over to one of these cases isn't exactly an option, it would just open the flood gates to tonnes more.

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

Lol zenimax just got wrecked.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Looks like Zenimax is at it again.

So is it bad that Facebook bought oculus rift`?

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

While it sounds reasonable in paper, it still doesn't covers Carmack for his stupidity: He should have known better than to work on someone else's project while still under previous employer's payroll. 

-------

Current Rig

-------

I think it's going to be an interesting 'battle'. I do hope Oculus aren't lying about it, it would be a shame to see a company with futuristic tech go down because of some accusations, providing the accusations are true.

I think it's going to be an interesting 'battle'. I do hope Oculus aren't lying about it, it would be a shame to see a company with futuristic tech go down because of some accusations, providing the accusations are true.

Agree, they took a huge step in VR and if they start doing "apple" moves then eeh..wtf? AMERICA!

Agree, they took a huge step in VR and if they start doing "apple" moves then eeh..wtf? AMERICA!

Ikr! It's very risky.