More comfortable headphones

IBM_THINKPAD_R51
Go to solution Solved by CTR640,
18 minutes ago, IBM_THINKPAD_R51 said:

im def gravitating to the Fidelio X2HR right now, they seem to look more comfortable and has the correct input i need, also the reviews suggest it sounds better in the low ends 

I see, then the Fidelio X2HR is the best as it fits your requirement. It may look very big and chonky but it's very comfortable and it doesn't fall off your head easily. 

Important to know: in the beginning it may be uncomfortable but that's because the earpads are new and stiff. It will definitly improve and then you'll even forget it's on your head. I speak from experience. And It will probably sound better than the Sony. 

If i'm correctly, the X2HR comes with 3 metres aux cable. It can be detached too. 

Currently i use a separate mic and headset, the headset i use is the sony wh-h900n. It has bluetooth and also aux input, it has a mic if u use the bluetooth but i just always use the aux input. 

The problem is that these headphones are very very uncomfortable. I got them new off of ebay for 50$ so i donno what to expect from them but i cannot keep them on for more than one CSGO match.

Because of this i have fallen back to using my altec lansing vs-2121 2.1 desktop speaker system but i need something for nighttime or when i listen to music outside.

Do you guys know of any good sony, bose, etc headset models that are more comfortable? It doesnt exactly need wireless but its better and it def needs an aux input.

Thanks in advance.

What is your budget? Affordable headphones that are very comfortable are the Fidelio X2HR and Beyerdynamic Tygr 300R. 

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

1 minute ago, CTR640 said:

What is your budget? The only one comfortable headphone I know which has aux input is the Fidelio X2HR. Why does it have to have a aux input? Another headphone that's very comfortable too is Beyerdynamic Tygr 300R. It has a fixed aux cable. 

well my workstation is kinda far from my desk and i have a long aux cable going from my sound card directly to my headset which is why i need an aux input, also id say mu budget is like 100 but if its a little over its fine.

7 minutes ago, CTR640 said:

What is your budget? Affordable headphones that are very comfortable are the Fidelio X2HR and Beyerdynamic Tygr 300R. 

im def gravitating to the Fidelio X2HR right now, they seem to look more comfortable and has the correct input i need, also the reviews suggest it sounds better in the low ends 

18 minutes ago, IBM_THINKPAD_R51 said:

I see, then the Fidelio X2HR is the best as it fits your requirement. It may look very big and chonky but it's very comfortable and it doesn't fall off your head easily. 

Important to know: in the beginning it may be uncomfortable but that's because the earpads are new and stiff. It will definitly improve and then you'll even forget it's on your head. I speak from experience. And It will probably sound better than the Sony. 

If i'm correctly, the X2HR comes with 3 metres aux cable. It can be detached too. 

DAC/AMPs:

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

1 hour ago, CTR640 said:

will probably sound better than the Sony

Everything sounds better than Sony.

1 hour ago, CTR640 said:

You are correct. However, I found the standard wire to be very scratchy (makes scratchy noises in the head phones). I bought another one for X2HR set. This is a life altering good cable, but kinda pricy: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BQSDQZB

10 hours ago, johnt said:

Everything sounds better than Sony.

You are correct. However, I found the standard wire to be very scratchy (makes scratchy noises in the head phones). I bought another one for X2HR set. This is a life altering good cable, but kinda pricy: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BQSDQZB

Yeah, I wanted to go easy without offending others their feelings for Sony but yes, totally agreed everything sounds better than Sony.

I never used the included cable because of my desk and my external dac/amp is literally aside my monitor 😛 The 3m cable for my Amiron Home were very annoying.

Any reason why it's pricey? Because of length or materials used?

DAC/AMPs:

9 hours ago, CTR640 said:

I wanted to go easy without offending others their feelings for Sony

lol I'm not sure why this is a thing, but you are right, it is!

The cable has a lot of nice characteristics for a cable. It doesn't kink, in lays flat, it has a snug fit when you insert it into a headphone jack. The material is smooth, but it does't get sticky like the cheap cables from u-green. I like the braided cables better, but they are too scratchy for headphones.

It's a "premium" Chinese brand, which is weird to say, but hey isn't Sony? There's a few really good Chinese brands on amazon that sell decent audio products for the average joe: bluerigger, SKW, WJSTN.