Need help with Norwegian translation

nokturrduk84

This is for those who speak in Norwegian. I need to translate this sentence from English to Norwegian: "May the ancient Gods be with us". Google translator translated it as "Måtte de gamle gudene være med oss". I just want to know did it translate properly? If not how will that sentence be in Norwegian properly?

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

May I ask why? :D

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

May I ask why? :D

Just like it (inspired by the tv show "Vikings dwarf.gif)

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

it is correct

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

it is correct

How close is swedish to norwegian? can you speak both or you just can understand them somewhat?  :lol:

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Just like it (inspired by the tv show "Vikings dwarf.gif)

I'm not a norwegian (?), but the sentence looks ok.

How close is swedish to norwegian? can you speak both or you just can understand them somewhat?  :lol:

they have only been norway for a few hundred years :P and except for really fast talking, its easy enough to understand, and thats an easy sentence :)

for reference, Swedish translation, Må de gamla gudarna vara med oss

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

Though I only speak Danish, I can say that it is accurate. Danish, Swedish and Norwegian isn't that far apart.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Though I only speak Danish, I can say that it is accurate. Danish, Swedish and Norwegian isn't that far apart.

even as german I can "guess" most of the words.

(with the english sentence as help of course)

they have only been norway for a few hundred years :P and except for really fast talking, its easy enough to understand, and thats an easy sentence :)

for reference, Swedish translation, Må de gamla gudarna vara med oss

I can understand Latvian if I read it, but if they talk I can't understand anything. They had too much german and russian influence compared to lithuanian language  :lol:

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Now I can only speak Swedish from that bunch of languages, but gamla doesn't have the exact vibe of ancient, but I really can't think of a better word either.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

Now I can only speak Swedish from that bunch of languages, but gamla doesn't have the exact vibe of ancient, but I really can't think of a better word either.

yeah gamle (gammel) in german means old in the sense of rotten, and not acient.

even as german I can "guess" most of the words.

Most Germanic language are pretty close to eachother.

Unless it's Icelandic, most people think that it's just gibberish.

Hver maður er borinn frjáls og jafn öðrum að virðingu og réttindum. Menn eru gæddir vitsmunum og samvisku, og ber þeim að breyta bróðurlega hverjum við annan.

WTF? xD

As Finnish I can say the same about rikssvenska :P But it's spoken so it's a bit different

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

Hver maður er borinn frjáls og jafn öðrum að virðingu og réttindum. Menn eru gæddir vitsmunum og samvisku, og ber þeim að breyta bróðurlega hverjum við annan.

WTF? xD

"All people are born free and with equal rights (something, something, something) [R]eason and should act brotherly against one another"

My father was Icelandic so I have a somewhat understanding of the language. But if someone were to speak Icelandic to me, I would be completly lost.

Icelandic is basically Old Norse, and is very close to what the vikings would have spoken.

Thx for help guys :)

This is for those who speak in Norwegian. I need to translate this sentence from English to Norwegian: "May the ancient Gods be with us". Google translator translated it as "Måtte de gamle gudene være med oss". I just want to know did it translate properly? If not how will that sentence be in Norwegian properly?

let the ancient gods be with us is something like

la de gamle gudene være med oss

so matte de is fine if you want to use may.

edit: reason being it seems like you want a more "old language" type vibe of it.