First PC

BuckSkin97

I am building my first gaming PC. This is what I have so far. Any advice for RGB Case fans, probably going to go with Corsair because everything else is Corsair just want to make sure I have enough cooling.

CPU: Intel core i5 13600KF

CPU Cooler: Corsair iCUE H100i Elite LCD 58.1 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Motherboard: MSI PRO Z690-A Wifi DDR4 ATX LGA1700 Motherboard

Memory: Cosrair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory

Storage: Samsung 870 QVO 2TB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME SSD

Graphics Card: MSI GAMING X TRIO GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 12 GB Video Card

Case: Corsair 4000D AirFlow ATX Mid Tower Case (White)

Power Supply: Corsair RM 850x (2021) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

Your build looks great, having additional case fans to match the H100i will be good.

HOWEVER: to quote Toms Hardware:

"Most (if not all) 600 series boards have BIOS updates available that add Alder(Raptor) Lake support, but you need to be able to download and install those updates before you try to boot with a 13th Gen Raptor Lake CPU. If you have access to an older Intel 12th Gen “Alder Lake” CPU, you can put the older CPU in the board, boot into and update the BIOS in the UEFI interface (see how to enter the BIOS if you don’t know how to get there), and then you should be good to go. 

But most people buying a Raptor Lake CPU and new motherboard today don’t have a last-gen processor just lying around the house.

if you want to buy a 600 series motherboard to use with a Raptor Lake CPU, your best bet is to buy a model with BIOS Flashback, a feature that allows you to update the BIOS with no CPU installed at all."

I DID NOT see your motherboard on the list of boards with Bios Flashback capability.

you may want to investigate this, and possibly choose a different board or move up to a Z790 board.

Link Here:https://www.tomshardware.com/news/intel-600-series-boards-for-raptor-lake

Edit:

I’m on the wrong post lmao

pardon my shit talking

Edited by 8tg
I thought I was on the budget build with the 12100F