"It's bigger than that, Chris. It's large" - Alleged Titan RTX images leaked

BachChain

I have big doubts this is true and even if it turns out to be true it seems the "leakers" are just speculating here. It wouldn't really make any sense to launch a card like this when the 4090 is already more powerful than needed even for the craziest setups... someone might go for it for the bragging rights but realistically it wouldn't be worth the compromise if it really is a 4 slot card.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please聽馃え

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

3 hours ago, HenrySalayne said:

Then don't use the narrative "this is the upcoming ADA Titan RTX" throughout the video! Nobody was stopping MLID from using the narrative "look at this cool engineering sample". And instead of being critical about the alleged Titan RTX photographs/renders (no "undercuts" for the fans in the frame, "stupid" design choice to make the cooler thicker instead of increasing the fan area, weirdly placed 12VHPWR connectors), he was like "trust me bro, it's a final design".

I doubt it was an engineering sample. Why would one of those use essentially a retail cooler package when far as I know that's not the done thing for functionality testing, they go in rackmount systems or if much earlier stage then engineering benches. If it's a cooler engineering sample then similarly it wouldn't have made it out of the CAD phase if it's going to be an actually sane 3 fan design.

The simple fact is the existing 4090 cooler can accommodate ~600W just fine so the need to make an even bigger and stupider version of the same thing makes no logical or engineering sense. Without a way to efficiently move the heat away from the GPU die and get it to the extra fin area the cooling to area efficiency is just going to be terrible.

Do we honestly thing Nvidia took the 4090 cooler to a photocopier and pressed *Enlarge 1.2x"? I don't.

1 hour ago, Sauron said:

I have big doubts this is true and even if it turns out to be true it seems the "leakers" are just speculating here. It wouldn't really make any sense to launch a card like this when the 4090 is already more powerful than needed even for the craziest setups... someone might go for it for the bragging rights but realistically it wouldn't be worth the compromise if it really is a 4 slot card.

The RTX 6000 Ada exists to fit a particular market. It's supposed to have 142 active SMs (vs 128 of the 4090) with 48GB ECC memory and a TGP of 300W.

So there is a card with double the ram, workstation features and validation with similar or greater performance in professional applications than the RTX 4090. So why would Nvidia release an Titan RTX Ada with similar specs, without ECC at a higher TGP undercutting the RTX 6000 Ada which isn't actually available yet.

Restrict it to 24GB VRAM and then it makes no sense versus the 4090 or the future 4090 Ti. A Titan RTX using the AD102 die just doesn't make much sense to me, a new Titan V aka Titan H using H100 does, or at least more so than this.

Not that Nvidna wouldn't do a Titan RTX AD102 but personally I just can't see much market sense for it.

Theres no way this is called the Titan RTX (again). That would just be a bit silly.

My Rigs | CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X | Motherboard: ASRock X570 Taichi | CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62 | GPU: AMD Radeon Powercolor 7800XT Hellhound | RAM: 32GB of G.Skill Trident Z Neo @3600MHz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750W G+ | Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C TG | SSDs: WD BLACK SN850X 2TB, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | SSHD: Seagate FireCuda 2TB (Backup) | HDD: Seagate IronWolf 4TB (Backup of Other PCs) | Capture Card: AVerMedia Live Gamer HD 2 | Monitors: AOC G2590PX & Acer XV272U Pbmiiprzx | UPS: APC BR1500GI Back-UPS Pro | Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Chroma V2 | Mouse: Razer Naga Pro | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit

First System: Dell Dimension E521 with AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+, 3GB DDR2 RAM

PSU Tier List聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 AMD Motherboard Tier List聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 SSD Tier List

1 hour ago, Albal_156 said:

Theres no way this is called the Titan RTX (again). That would just be a bit silly.

I mean, we had three Titan X

On 12/22/2022 at 2:14 PM, HenrySalayne said:

BTW:

image.png.aea92509a01f9b1ffddbd8719ff27b04.png

What is this supposed to be? 12VHPWR connectors floating freely somewhere in the fin stack? This "leak" is a quite of lot of hot air - literally and figuratively.

The PCB is on the bottom, in line with the 12VHPWR. The "TITANRTX" logo is suppose to face downwards when the card is installed.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

On 12/24/2022 at 3:35 PM, leadeater said:

I doubt it was an engineering sample. Why would one of those use essentially a retail cooler package when far as I know that's not the done thing for functionality testing, they go in rackmount systems or if much earlier stage then engineering benches. If it's a cooler engineering sample then similarly it wouldn't have made it out of the CAD phase if it's going to be an actually sane 3 fan design.

The simple fact is the existing 4090 cooler can accommodate ~600W just fine so the need to make an even bigger and stupider version of the same thing makes no logical or engineering sense. Without a way to efficiently move the heat away from the GPU die and get it to the extra fin area the cooling to area efficiency is just going to be terrible.

Do we honestly thing Nvidia took the 4090 cooler to a photocopier and pressed *Enlarge 1.2x"? I don't.

Do you honestly thing Nvidia actually even tries to put in effort into their cards? Nah, they literally just use their existing architecture and make it draw more power for more performance. Not sure why you thing this picture is unrealistic.

1 hour ago, HenrySalayne said:

Then the rest of the renders are total BS because you see the DP and HDMI ports and the PCIe blade on the very top of the card

After going back I've realized I made no sense.

PCB is at the top, but the power connector are at the bottom. Maybe they extended away from the PCB, and it's replaceable in case it melts.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

6 hours ago, Gamer Schnitzel said:

Do you honestly thing Nvidia actually even tries to put in effort into their cards? Nah, they literally just use their existing architecture and make it draw more power for more performance. Not sure why you thing this picture is unrealistic.

Because Nvidia just wouldn't put two 12VHPWR connectors on it and the existing cooler can already handle much more power. Why would Nvidia spend effort to make a completely useless and basically unusable product when they can do "nothing" and sell it for more?

3 hours ago, HumdrumPenguin said:

Surprises me that people think this is real. Two of the new connection...ha! As if.

Its a card that uses >600W of power. How else would they do it? 12VHPWR is the new standard.聽

On 12/22/2022 at 4:42 PM, Arika S said:

MLID:

*Standing here intensifies*

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide:聽

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

2 hours ago, starsmine said:

Its a card that uses >600W of power. How else would they do it? 12VHPWR is the new standard.聽

That power figure is only rumored and the current 4090 is 450W by the spec so 150W more than that is perfectly reasonable increase. Also wouldn't be the first time AIB's and OC's have pulled more power through connectors than the actual spec of it. Either way it's a pretty big assumption to think that it would even be stable at 600W+ on air cooling at ambient temperatures.

I still do not see Nvidia releasing an official product with a TGP above 600W, any claim like that is automatically highly dubious. Datacenter SXM formfactor then sure, the H100 SXM is 700W TGP but SXM does not use cables for power at all. It's also designed to be in very high airflow server chassis or to be liquid cooled.

Remember also those past rumors that the 4080/4090 etc were going to be 600W, or more. Yea how did those turn out. Rumors are rumors.