1070 graphic card and 1660 super and rx580

i was emptying my closet part and i found these parts i thought to make some old gaming pcs with them and give to children in my family what do you think should the config be and what should i buy to add to these, i need 4 pcs for 4 children 

graphic cards:

1. geforce gtx 1070

2.geforce gtx 1660 super

3.amd rx580 8gb

4.amd 5450 hd 2gb

5.geforce 8400gs

motherboards:

ddr3 6gb ram 2 ram socket lga775

ddr2 8gb ram 4 ram socket lga775

ddr2 4gb ram 2 ram socket lga775

cpu::

1.core 2quad q9500 lga775

2.core 2quad q9400 lga775

3.core 2 duo e8400 lga775

4.core 2 duo e5700 lga775

power supplies:

green 600w and 300w and one no name 1000w and one pascal 300w

4 hdd 512gb maxor 

1 wd purple 4tb 

1 ssd adata sp550 120gb

i dont know anything about computers except how to design things in catia and corel etc, so please tell me which parts should go with which and what should i buy new and bc i have 4 cpu what motherboard should i buy for the forth pc thank you so much for your time and advices

Budget (including currency): 200$ australian dollar

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: for 4 children 7 years old, 10 years old, 11 years old and 13 years old gaming pcs to be able at least play games even be very old vintage games

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Depends on what games those actually are. None of these CPUs even have AVX support so a lot of easy to run games that are new would run terribly. Those that have AVX are on newer CPU sockets so those motherboards and DDR2 will have to go as well. Same fate for PSUs, dodgy PSUs shouldn't be allowed into any homes

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

2 minutes ago, Jurrunio said:

Depends on what games those actually are. None of these CPUs even have AVX support so a lot of easy to run games that are new would run terribly. Those that have AVX are on newer CPU sockets so those motherboards and DDR2 will have to go as well. Same fate for PSUs, dodgy PSUs shouldn't be allowed into any homes

basically so you saying all of these are worthless? about psu i agree i buy new ones it is dangerous but about the rest i mean old nfs , fifa call of duty and other games people used to play 10 years ago if i want to use these motherboards would you please give me an idea to put what parts together and what are the cheapest options to add , i checked a site called bottle neck something pc build which you put the parts and tell you there gonna be bottle neck or not and showed q9500 matches 1070 fairly well on daily use but i dont know that is true or false i dont have any idea about parts just wanna do something good for some kids 

Here's a basic ranking of the core components:

Graphics Cards:

1. GTX 1070

2. GTX 1660 Super

3. RX 580 8GB

4. HD 5450 2GB

5. 8400GS

CPUs:

1. Core 2 Quad Q9500

2. Core 2 Quad Q9400

3. Core 2 Duo E8400

4. Core 2 Duo E5700

The GTX 1070 and GTX 1660 Super are very similar in terms of performance. The only reason I give the edge to the 1070 is that it has 8GB of VRAM vs the 6GB with the 1660 Super. The RX 580 is still a respectable card that has about 70% of the performance of the 1070. After that, though, you really fall off a cliff. The HD 5450 is about 25x slower than an RX 580, and the 8400GS is about 30% slower again than that. So I'd try not to use the HD 5450 or the 8400GS if you can avoid it.

Here in the US, Q9400 or Q9500 CPUs go for less than $10 USD, so grabbing one of those cheap to pair with the third motherboard is likely a reasonable option. The Core 2 Quad isn't a great chip these days, but it's not absolutely useless, and since you already have the boards, it's not like you're blowing that much money. The Core 2 Duos are really going to struggle. However, if you decide to use the HD 5450, then you could pair it with a Core 2 Duo - both parts are so slow that the Core 2 Duo won't hold it back much.

The power supplies sound kinda sketchy, and it's never recommended to use random PSUs when trying to make a decent computer. The 1070, 1660, and 580 use a fair amount of power, and a bad PSU could damage them.

You're on a very tight budget and trying to cobble together 4 computers, so I get where you're coming from. If you really want to go through with this plan, then try to pair the best CPUs with the best GPUs. So 1070 with the Q9500, 1660 with the Q9400, etc.

1 minute ago, Amir F. Rad said:

basically so you saying all of these are worthless? about psu i agree i buy new ones it is dangerous but about the rest i mean old nfs , fifa call of duty and other games people used to play 10 years ago if i want to use these motherboards would you please give me an idea to put what parts together and what are the cheapest options to add , i checked a site called bottle neck something pc build which you put the parts and tell you there gonna be bottle neck or not and showed q9500 matches 1070 fairly well on daily use but i dont know that is true or false i dont have any idea about parts just wanna do something good for some kids 

The CPUs you have are very very old compared to most of the GPUs, and would be like putting the engine from a Vespa into a sports car.

Top three GPU's have value.

Everything else is basically ewaste. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

26 minutes ago, YoungBlade said:

Here's a basic ranking of the core components:

Graphics Cards:

1. GTX 1070

2. GTX 1660 Super

3. RX 580 8GB

4. HD 5450 2GB

5. 8400GS

CPUs:

1. Core 2 Quad Q9500

2. Core 2 Quad Q9400

3. Core 2 Duo E8400

4. Core 2 Duo E5700

The GTX 1070 and GTX 1660 Super are very similar in terms of performance. The only reason I give the edge to the 1070 is that it has 8GB of VRAM vs the 6GB with the 1660 Super. The RX 580 is still a respectable card that has about 70% of the performance of the 1070. After that, though, you really fall off a cliff. The HD 5450 is about 25x slower than an RX 580, and the 8400GS is about 30% slower again than that. So I'd try not to use the HD 5450 or the 8400GS if you can avoid it.

Here in the US, Q9400 or Q9500 CPUs go for less than $10 USD, so grabbing one of those cheap to pair with the third motherboard is likely a reasonable option. The Core 2 Quad isn't a great chip these days, but it's not absolutely useless, and since you already have the boards, it's not like you're blowing that much money. The Core 2 Duos are really going to struggle. However, if you decide to use the HD 5450, then you could pair it with a Core 2 Duo - both parts are so slow that the Core 2 Duo won't hold it back much.

The power supplies sound kinda sketchy, and it's never recommended to use random PSUs when trying to make a decent computer. The 1070, 1660, and 580 use a fair amount of power, and a bad PSU could damage them.

You're on a very tight budget and trying to cobble together 4 computers, so I get where you're coming from. If you really want to go through with this plan, then try to pair the best CPUs with the best GPUs. So 1070 with the Q9500, 1660 with the Q9400, etc.

i definitely buy new psu bc i was tthinking it is dangerous to put these in a case i am giving to a child also i can spend 200$ for each case and i have these parts so you would recomend to buy new motherboards and cpus can i buy 4 motherboards and 4 cpus and 4 decent psus for each set of 200$ and 800$ total? also it seems you are really perfessional in this, if i want to buy graphic card for q9500 and q9400 what would you recomend on  that, i dont wanna just put what i dont use into dumpster and i am trying to make something with the rest and donate them so maybe someone could find a use for them, what are the best options to use with these cpus also should i put 9500 in ddr2 with 8gb ram or ddr3 with 6 gb ram? 

7 minutes ago, BiotechBen said:

The CPUs you have are very very old compared to most of the GPUs, and would be like putting the engine from a Vespa into a sports car.

right so what should i buy for each one i can spend 200$ on each system and need 4 pcs in total 

9 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Top three GPU's have value.

Everything else is basically ewaste. 

understood complitely so what parts do you recomend to buy, i have to buy 4 new psus definitely, for motherboards and cpus what should i go for, i can spend 200$ on each system 

i ckecked a site called part picker which i saw sara butt used it in linus videos to pick her parts, anyway i choosed the cheapest options and these are what i found

1.motherboard: Supermicro MBD-X11SSM-F-O Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard 35$

2.Intel Celeron G3900 2.8 GHz Dual-Core OEM/Tray Processor 99 $

3. Kingston Server Premier 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL22 Memory 75 $

4.MSI MAG A550BN 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply 69 $

total 278 $ which is way over the budget for each case also it seems i have to buy a graphic card too for the forth pc and i choosed the cheapest option in each category 

i think these prices are not correct how can a core i7 6700 be 800 $? also if i choose another motherboard the price of the ram i can use drops to 17$ for each 4gb stick

might be better to go with a prebuilt it gives you a psu, case, mb, cpu, ram and you can thow the gpus in and have to probly buy one gpu. if you just want to play older games that should be fine but i guess set the best game like mindcraft for example that it needs to play... plenty of older good games, indy games and esports games.

it use to be an x58 system but i think that was out classed by and newer system that is faster and uses less power. atm i dont no what the best value prebuilt is. shipping is the big cost thow...

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

1 hour ago, Amir F. Rad said:

ddr3 6gb ram 2 ram socket lga775

ddr2 8gb ram 4 ram socket lga775

ddr2 4gb ram 2 ram socket lga775

Just take a photo of these boards, there are some particular boards that still hold a decent value even today but thats if you happen to have a ddr3 p45/x38/x48 board or some rare board or something like that

1 hour ago, Amir F. Rad said:

1.core 2quad q9500 lga775

2.core 2quad q9400 lga775

3.core 2 duo e8400 lga775

4.core 2 duo e5700 lga775

Basically these are all trash, not to mention you need good ram and board to oc on 775 whereas 1156 is literally the same price and most h55 boards will get you to 200bclk with ease even the lower end ones not to mention 1333 ram will also work fine. But really go look for a used ryzen 1st/2nd gen combo since those are going quite cheap now

53 minutes ago, Amir F. Rad said:

i ckecked a site called part picker which i saw sara butt used it in linus videos to pick her parts, anyway i choosed the cheapest options and these are what i found

1.motherboard: Supermicro MBD-X11SSM-F-O Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard 35$

2.Intel Celeron G3900 2.8 GHz Dual-Core OEM/Tray Processor 99 $

3. Kingston Server Premier 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL22 Memory 75 $

4.MSI MAG A550BN 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply 69 $

total 278 $ which is way over the budget for each case also it seems i have to buy a graphic card too for the forth pc and i choosed the cheapest option in each category 

i think these prices are not correct how can a core i7 6700 be 800 $? also if i choose another motherboard the price of the ram i can use drops to 17$ for each 4gb stick

This is very bad too.

This is all new you will have to go used rig hunting.

200$ will give you gpu less ryzen gaming systems quite often.

Worst case older i7 4th gen or better towers + a decent psu should be about 200$ and then slap in the gpu's.

If you want a little extra cash sell the core 2 stuff. Send pics of the boards if you have collectors ones you can get some decent money still.

Other than that the hdds could be extra secondary storage make sure all pcs have an ssd in them.

The core 2's are ancient and weak. Basically worthless but for 5-10$ a piece (except the e5700 that ones ewaste) you'll get rid of em still.

16 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

you are right i didnt think i can find something this cheap, just one question again, for each gpu what config should i looking for, and what gpu should i buy as the forth one

also now i saw these prebuild pcs you posted definitely i am gonna donate everything wont get use and i know many people even something as trash as e5700 worth a world to them so it seems best thing to do is assemble what ever i am not using and buy an equal graphic card so at least someone can enjoy it what graphic card do you propose i should put in these old ones and what graphic card should i buy as the forth one and what confing i should search for in prebuild cases to get the most out of 1070, 1660 super, rx580

20 minutes ago, jaslion said:

This is very bad too.

This is all new you will have to go used rig hunting.

200$ will give you gpu less ryzen gaming systems quite often.

Worst case older i7 4th gen or better towers + a decent psu should be about 200$ and then slap in the gpu's.

If you want a little extra cash sell the core 2 stuff. Send pics of the boards if you have collectors ones you can get some decent money still.

Other than that the hdds could be extra secondary storage make sure all pcs have an ssd in them.

The core 2's are ancient and weak. Basically worthless but for 5-10$ a piece (except the e5700 that ones ewaste) you'll get rid of em still.

thrasher posted a prebuild used pc and it is 160 170$ with everything in it so it seems it wont go over my budget now, please read the last thing i wrote to thrasher and thank you so much for your time and advice definitely gonna go with second hand parts, just please what i wrote up there and tel me what you think please

1 minute ago, Amir F. Rad said:

you are right i didnt think i can find something this cheap, just one question again, for each gpu what config should i looking for, and what gpu should i buy as the forth one

also now i saw these prebuild pcs you posted definitely i am gonna donate everything wont get use and i know many people even something as trash as e5700 worth a world to them so it seems best thing to do is assemble what ever i am not using and buy an equal graphic card so at least someone can enjoy it what graphic card do you propose i should put in these old ones and what graphic card should i buy as the forth one and what confing i should search for in prebuild cases to get the most out of 1070, 1660 super, rx580

hard to say what the best option is. do you sell everything and build all the same pc, keep the 3 gpus, sell the rest for money for a 4th gpu. you will need to find a tower pc that takes full hight gpus as thats what you got and if posable and atx psu. thow i dont no witch can take a psu with out mods. a 6th gen cpu i5,i7 is vary cabble thats what im using a 6600k and gtx 1080... 8 or 16gig ram if posable. ssd is nice to have ied say between a 120 and 256. the hdd can be used for storage.

4th gpu is probly something around what you got now or with in a budget you got left.  probly the oldest gets the fastes gpu and ungest gets the slowest.

one other problem is finding a prebuild with a big enough psu for your gpus. might need to drop down to a 4th gen cpu if you need to buy a psu.

sorry i dont no witch is the best option haha but some ideas to think about.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5 minutes ago, Amir F. Rad said:

thrasher posted a prebuild used pc and it is 160 170$ with everything in it so it seems it wont go over my budget now, please read the last thing i wrote to thrasher and thank you so much for your time and advice definitely gonna go with second hand parts, just please what i wrote up there and tel me what you think please

Id try to see if a ryzen equivalent is available. Basically look for any ryzen 2000 or better EXCEPT the pure 6 cores (r5 3500 is one), athlons and 2200g.

Keep in mind you'll still need a psu with that hp as the psus in these systems are far too underpowerd but its a great starting point and Id not get anything worse than that for the 3 gpu's.

The fourth pc however is an issue as for 200$ nothing good can be found. You'll find some "gaming" pcs with a gt 710 in it which is worse than the integratrd graphics of that i7 6700 hp or at best a gt 1030. Which is also a sucky gaming card.

I think 3 good systems is the best you can do

2 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

hard to say what the best option is. do you sell everything and build all the same pc, keep the 3 gpus, sell the rest for money for a 4th gpu. you will need to find a tower pc that takes full hight gpus as thats what you got and if posable and atx psu. thow i dont no witch can take a psu with out mods. a 6th gen cpu i5,i7 is vary cabble thats what im using a 6600k and gtx 1080... 8 or 16gig ram if posable. ssd is nice to have ied say between a 120 and 256. the hdd can be used for storage.

4th gpu is probly something around what you got now or with in a budget you got left.  probly the oldest gets the fastes gpu and ungest gets the slowest.

one other problem is finding a prebuild with a big enough psu for your gpus. might need to drop down to a 4th gen cpu if you need to buy a psu.

Id avoid ANY pure quad cores as those have had issues with stuttering in games for 5+ years now and hace fallen entirely out of min spec for newer games many times now.

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

Id try to see if a ryzen equivalent is available. Basically look for any ryzen 2000 or better EXCEPT the pure 6 cores (r5 3500 is one), athlons and 2200g.

Keep in mind you'll still need a psu with that hp as the psus in these systems are far too underpowerd but its a great starting point and Id not get anything worse than that for the 3 gpu's.

The fourth pc however is an issue as for 200$ nothing good can be found. You'll find some "gaming" pcs with a gt 710 in it which is worse than the integratrd graphics of that i7 6700 hp or at best a gt 1030. Which is also a sucky gaming card.

I think 3 good systems is the best you can do

i dont think they sell a prebuild ryzen  youe would have to look and try and find 4 custom build ones with everything for $200 witch i think would be hard...

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

Id avoid ANY pure quad cores as those have had issues with stuttering in games for 5+ years now and hace fallen entirely out of min spec for newer games many times now.

6600k plays games just fine... smoking something... there not trying to play the latest games... and they can only play what the pc can do...

2 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

your help was so much more than some ideas it seems this is gonna work faily well thank you my friend, also i am a catial designer focused on aerodynamics and used to fix electronic stuff from psu to motherboards, even tv or just a washer machine main board so i know one or two things about that too so incase you needed help in any of these categories please let me know dear friend your help is so so much appreciated thank you

2 minutes ago, Amir F. Rad said:

your help was so much more than some ideas it seems this is gonna work faily well thank you my friend, also i am a catial designer focused on aerodynamics and used to fix electronic stuff from psu to motherboards, even tv or just a washer machine main board so i know one or two things about that too so incase you needed help in any of these categories please let me know dear friend your help is so so much appreciated thank you

np hope its a foot in the right dereliction. ya i wish i was good at electronics.. loved it in school. my soldering so bad...haha but all i need to do is solder connectors on argb strips and cut and re wire connectors. flux i think is key there...

6 minutes ago, jaslion said:

i dont like amd much honestly and never used one and i dont know why i dont like them but i know a shop which sells older pcs i think i can find intel 6, 7 gen in there for this price probably thank you so much for all your advices and helps i cant thank you enough 

one other thing is the gpus need so many power connectors and the prebuilds might not have them. so if you need help with what you need and how much power each gpu uses we can help there. all we need to no with what gpus you have... this site is vary good of find a list of gpus and cpus and info about them.

if you can find cheap case locally, and want to build a pc you might be able to but a comb cpu,mb,ram.

Edited by thrasher_565