1070 graphic card and 1660 super and rx580

1 minute ago, thrasher_565 said:

np hope its a foot in the right dereliction. ya i wish i was good at electronics.. loved it in school. my soldering so bad...haha but all i need to do is solder connectors on argb strips and cut and re wire connectors. flux i think is key there...

if you have a proper soldering iron and flux and wire usually it is gonna be really easy, just buy a t12 iron handle with one tip and connect an adjustable power supply to the wires you gonna have a very basic but usable iron you can even just buy the t12 tip and make the handle yourself it is not hard at all and works well for what it is these tips are something in 10 to 20$ range even cheaper dont go for more expensive ones it wont gonna have any use for you, also not in any situation never let your iron tip be without solder always apply some solder to the tip and never ever try to clean the tip with sand paper, when its gets dirty just use a damped paper towel if you dont have proper sponge for cleanning the iron tip and apply flux on iron tip and put solder to it, remember the smallest scratch on the iron tip gonna destroy the tip so always try to have a protective solder layer over it hot or cold i promise  you if you try a couple of times more you gonna be a master in soldering i bellieve in you my friend

9 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

one other thing is the gpus need so many power connectors and the prebuilds might not have them. so if you need help with what you need and how much power each gpu uses we can help there. all we need to no with what gpus you have... this site is vary good of find a list of gpus and cpus and info about them.

if you can find cheap case locally, and want to build a pc you might be able to but a comb cpu,mb,ram.

wow thanks again so much my friend probably i am gonna get a deal to buy 4pcs and i think it is gonna work, worst case senario i buy a cheap low power gpu for just powering the gpu and put it in the case and make the connectors myself just i have to be sure its gonna be safe to touch the case

6 minutes ago, Amir F. Rad said:

wow thanks again so much my friend probably i am gonna get a deal to buy 4pcs and i think it is gonna work, worst case senario i buy a cheap low power gpu for just powering the gpu and put it in the case and make the connectors myself just i have to be sure its gonna be safe to touch the case

ya you can buy molex/sata to 6/8pin gpu power but hard to say if there safe. i guess if you do your home work no what gauge of wire it is and how much the concertos can handle you should be fine. i guess you could cut the connectors off and just solder the wires that way🤔 but ya safety is key ahah just have to know how much power the gpu and cpu uses and how big the psu is.

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

ya you can buy molex/sata to 6/8pin gpu power but hard to say if there safe. i guess if you do your home work now what gage of wire it is and how much the concertos can handle you should be fine. i guess you could cut the connectors of and just solder the wires that way🤔 but ya safety is key ahah just have to know ho much power the gpu and cpu uses and how big the psu is.

dont worry about it it is not that hard you can even increase the output corrent from a psu apecially those ones use shant to read the current i done this before you are one of the most helpful people i ever met in this site thanks a lot my friend for your help

other good info on prebuilts and how to upgrade them or take em aprt. there was a web site called greenpcgamers.com that had forms and build guids of prebuilts and what can and can not be done in them. but seems the the site is down? posably you can find it on the wayback machine the youtbe channel is still up thow. also found this guy.

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

other good info on prebuilts and how to upgrade them or take em aprt. there was a web site called greenpcgamers.com that had forms and build guids of prebuilts and what can and can not be done in them. but seem tile the site is down? posably you can find it on the wayback machine the youtbe channel is still up thow. also found this guy.

it is very familiar i think i heard about that site before thanks i definitely gonna check them but in general my biggest flaw in assembleing computers is i dont know which cpu is best with what gpu and what motherboard etc but again thank you so much for all your help i know a shop near me i am gonna go there and i am sure i can find good deals in there for a core i7 intel 6 or 7 gen 8g ram 500w psu ssd and another gpu i think its gonna work thanks again for all your help you are so kind 

12 minutes ago, Amir F. Rad said:

it is very familiar i think i heard about that site before thanks i definitely gonna check them but in general my biggest flaw in assembleing computers is i dont know which cpu is best with what gpu and what motherboard etc but again thank you so much for all your help i know a shop near me i am gonna go there and i am sure i can find good deals in there for a core i7 intel 6 or 7 gen 8g ram 500w psu ssd and another gpu i think its gonna work thanks again for all your help you are so kind 

ya nop let us no what you did and how it worked out. i think thats a good idea see what you have around you first.

ya it a little complicated to no what gos with what. i probly would not worry about best gpu with best cpu combo at lest at a value point. with the rx 580 could do with a lower cpu be i mean they kids might want to up grade or trade as they get older anyway. a 4th gen to 6th gen should be plenty. my dad would buy parts for hi ps and i got his hammy downs but i also spent $800 on a p4 that got me in to pc. it was a father son thing we did and one point almost had the same pc... he had a fire at his house and all his stuff stolen but stuff can be relaced. first he needs a house... haha

cpu demanding games will benafit from faster cpu and might not use the gpu as much. most games likes gpu performance thow.

Edited by thrasher_565

20 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

ya nop let us no what you did and how it worked out. i think thats a good idea see what you have around you first.

ya it a little complicated to no what gos with what. i probly would not worry about best gpu with best cpu combo at lest at a value point. with the rx 580 could do with a lower cpu be i mean they kids might want to up grade or trade as they get older anyway. a 4th gen to 6th gen should be plenty. my dad would buy parts for hi ps and i got his hammy downs but i also spent $800 on a p4 that got me in to pc. it was a father son thing we did and one point almost had the same pc... he had a fire at his house and all his stuff stolen but stuff can be relaced. first he needs a house... haha

cpu demanding games will benafit from faster cpu and might not use the gpu as much. most games likes gpu performance thow.

i am so sorry for what happened to your father, also i found 4 cases with i7 gen 7 with 8gb ram 128gb ssd and 600w power for 700$and 4 hours of my time, i fixed 3 of the shop laptop to get this deal also they are not prebuilt cases the shop owner did put them togethear himself while i was fixning his laptops motherboards in his shop one of the cases even has rgb, now there is only the question of the forth graphic card, ex miners rx580 gpu is really cheap in here starts from 70$, also about those q9500 cpu and other stuff, i dont wanna make more e waste so i thought to buy a gpu for them and donate them, acctually i know somone who really need a pc even if it be a core 2 duo, he doesnt have any kind of computer around him and really need one i know a couple of guys like this to donate these pcs but first i have buy graphic card for it, i found 750ti for 50$ to put on ddr3 6gb ram with q9500 is this bad enough graphic card to go with q9500? or should i put 20$ over it and buy ex miners rx580 gpu,so please let me know what graphic card i should buy for the forth pc and for those core 2quads thanks buddy you were so helpful and i am really glad this worked out with your advices 

4 hours ago, Amir F. Rad said:

i am so sorry for what happened to your father, also i found 4 cases with i7 gen 7 with 8gb ram 128gb ssd and 600w power for 700$and 4 hours of my time, i fixed 3 of the shop laptop to get this deal also they are not prebuilt cases the shop owner did put them togethear himself while i was fixning his laptops motherboards in his shop one of the cases even has rgb, now there is only the question of the forth graphic card, ex miners rx580 gpu is really cheap in here starts from 70$, also about those q9500 cpu and other stuff, i dont wanna make more e waste so i thought to buy a gpu for them and donate them, acctually i know somone who really need a pc even if it be a core 2 duo, he doesnt have any kind of computer around him and really need one i know a couple of guys like this to donate these pcs but first i have buy graphic card for it, i found 750ti for 50$ to put on ddr3 6gb ram with q9500 is this bad enough graphic card to go with q9500? or should i put 20$ over it and buy ex miners rx580 gpu,so please let me know what graphic card i should buy for the forth pc and for those core 2quads thanks buddy you were so helpful and i am really glad this worked out with your advices 

oh that was fast...haha ya rx580 would work fine. hmm well anything old can go in thows pcs 750ti is over kill. if there nothing cheap locally. think like $5 gpus. if there nothing then i can look for something on ebay but shipping will probably be the biggest cost...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/195487512736?hash=item2d83f6b8a0%3Ag%3Aj0UAAOSwe0hjfSHq&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAoLDqOoCQioixGL64d5ZXsvBsYEbcj9N2vuTBXt05jSUyD0nHWMQINK3OLZveoIWhT1naTN3a0teZhdVXEe%2BIkYtnIvKSWozILTechbEGgAP4gN9FvRFWu09oFF3ePV0Dj3F6k%2BSkQcSR4x1inGzMb%2F3R%2B%2BvmtSkWyMD5CQzeXurpKFhn3UifP0nVsg8FJzdfYiPu7I%2FXx23tqQ3fSoVx3%2BQ%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR9y77IyjYQ&LH_BIN=1&LH_ItemCondition=3000

1 hour ago, thrasher_565 said:

oh that was fast...haha ya rx580 would work fine. hmm well anything old can go in thows pcs 750ti is over kill. if there nothing cheap locally. think like $5 gpus. if there nothing then i can look for something on ebay but shipping will probably be the biggest cost...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/195487512736?hash=item2d83f6b8a0%3Ag%3Aj0UAAOSwe0hjfSHq&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAoLDqOoCQioixGL64d5ZXsvBsYEbcj9N2vuTBXt05jSUyD0nHWMQINK3OLZveoIWhT1naTN3a0teZhdVXEe%2BIkYtnIvKSWozILTechbEGgAP4gN9FvRFWu09oFF3ePV0Dj3F6k%2BSkQcSR4x1inGzMb%2F3R%2B%2BvmtSkWyMD5CQzeXurpKFhn3UifP0nVsg8FJzdfYiPu7I%2FXx23tqQ3fSoVx3%2BQ%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR9y77IyjYQ&LH_BIN=1&LH_ItemCondition=3000

thanks for all your help i always do everything as soon as i can, if you just give me some names of gpus i can find them also they have integrated gpu if it comes to just throw something inside them to work they are working now with integrated gpu and i have those 5450hd and 8400gs for these two, i wanted to add something more to it, i cant donate to these guys something good at least i want to put a good enough gpu on it so older games from 2013-2014 era would be playable at least , also thanks again gonna buy a rx580 today to make everything ready and ship the cases tomorrow, also do you think it was a good deal for those cases? i wanna see how much that shop owner was honest with me thanks bro your advices gonna make many people very happy

38 minutes ago, Amir F. Rad said:

thanks for all your help i always do everything as soon as i can, if you just give me some names of gpus i can find them also they have integrated gpu if it comes to just throw something inside them to work they are working now with integrated gpu and i have those 5450hd and 8400gs for these two, i wanted to add something more to it, i cant donate to these guys something good at least i want to put a good enough gpu on it so older games from 2013-2014 era would be playable at least , also thanks again gonna buy a rx580 today to make everything ready and ship the cases tomorrow, also do you think it was a good deal for those cases? i wanna see how much that shop owner was honest with me thanks bro your advices gonna make many people very happy

well i dont really no what max thow cpus out were if putting a bigger gpu in will just bottle neck it... if you want to put something more then go ahead... the thing is the list is way to big to start listing things... i think 175 for thows pcs was good deal. you can probly make a new thread asking what gpu would max out the other 2 cpus then look at a list of gpus and then look for them at the price you want.

Radeon 200 series is 2014

GeForce 700 series is 2014

q9500 cpu is 2010

e5700 2010

e8400 2008

to put things in prospective my windows 98 pc uses an e8600 and thats way over kill for windows 98... but thats how old that stuff is. 

i need to no what the mb are so i can see what they will even take for cpu upgrade. if you wanted to max them out... thge name of the mb should be on the mb by the pci slots or somy times by the cpu slot.

Edited by thrasher_565

12 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

well i dont really no what max thow cpus out were if putting a bigger gpu in will just bottle neck it... if you want to put something more then go ahead... the thing is the list is way to big to start listing things... i think 175 for thows pcs was good deal. you can probly make a new thread asking what gpu would max out the other 2 cpus then look at a list of gpus and then look for them at the price you want.

q9500 cpu is 2010

e5700 2010

e8400 2008

to put things in prospective my windows 98 pc uses an e8600 and thats way over kill for windows 98... but thats how old that stuff is. 

i need to no what the mb are so i can see what they will even take for cpu upgrade. if you wanted to max them out... thge name of the mb should be on the mb by the pci slots or somy times by the cpu slot.

hello again my dear friend i bought a rx580 for 85$ and shiped the first case you should just saw my niece face when i said this is her gaming pc, she has a 32inch tv in her room and the gaming experience was even amazing for me after all these years i never was much of a gamer but truly i enjoyed it specially need for speed , thanks so much buddy you are a good person, i was planning to just throw these graphics with q9500 just imagine what a failure that could been if i would done it, these are the motherboards and the ram attached to them i tested all 3 and they booted into windows 8.1 64bit and were really smooth i didnt expected that at all. 

1.gigabyte ga-g41mt-s2p lga775 ddr3 with 6gb ram on it 2 ram slots

2.gigabyte ep31-ds3l lga775 ddr2 with 8gb ram on it 4 ram slots

3.biostar g31m+ lga 775 ddr2 with 4gb ram on it 2 ram slots

the wired thing is the second motherboard sopoused to able to handle only 4gb ram i dont know how it is posting with 8gb and all of it is usable, i really amazed when i booted in windows 8.1 and saw 8gb ram in the task manager 

13 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

q9500 cpu is 2010

e5700 2010

e8400 2008

i just searched these motherboards in ebay and you wont bellieve their prices

gigabyte ddr3  https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/255472192717  45$!!!!!!

gigabyte ddr2 https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/254229655912   39$!!!!

biostar ddr2   https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/313649483104  i ca not bellieve i am writing this 148$ !!! 

who would buy these gurbages for god sake hundred and fifty for addr2 motherboard?!! i bought an i7 gen 7 with ram and everything for 175$ for crying out load and this ddr2 is 148$ some people are really wired very wired 

7 hours ago, Amir F. Rad said:

i just searched these motherboards in ebay and you wont bellieve their prices

gigabyte ddr3  https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/255472192717  45$!!!!!!

gigabyte ddr2 https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/254229655912   39$!!!!

biostar ddr2   https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/313649483104  i ca not bellieve i am writing this 148$ !!! 

who would buy these gurbages for god sake hundred and fifty for addr2 motherboard?!! i bought an i7 gen 7 with ram and everything for 175$ for crying out load and this ddr2 is 148$ some people are really wired very wired 

i have no idea why thats 148. i dot see a reason for it to be that. some hi end mb that's ddr2 775 and agp are worth alot for 98 pcs.

but this is my 98se pc... its nuts

98se new 005.jpg

x8503dmark20001.png.a63a1904250b60287ad9f53bb33ae7f0.png

Edited by thrasher_565

so looks like the core 2 quad q9400 for $11 would be the best cpu for the price for 2 of them. dont no if thats the best ocer thow.

Edited by thrasher_565

2 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

so looks like the core 2 quad q9400 for $11 would be the best cpu for the price for 2 of them. dont no if thats the best ocer thow.

yep ddr3 one with q9500 and some graphic card, ddr2 8gb ram with other q9something and graphic card, and for that  biostar i put e8400 inside with hd5450and gonna send the link i found to who ever i donate it to, i bellieve this would be the most appropriate action, some time later maybe gonna buy more pcs from that shop to donate to more people in need, by the way i cant thank you enough for all your amazing advices also sorry for my limited language skills i havnt born in au and migrated here a couple of years ago, english is not my first language, sorry if i couldnt expressed what i wanted to say properly and it was difficult for you to understand what i was trying to say also your case looks neat i like it i think i remember this cpu, i think i just bought a pc and when it came out it was like why i didnt wait a little bit longer i was going crazy lots of memories, god i missed those dial up days with windows 95 yahoo messenger and chat rooms days of sega games, by the way i am gonna buy two readon x850 thanks for sharing your pc information 🙂 and wish you the best of luck or best of lock i am not sure which one is correct 😉 see you dear friend

10 hours ago, Amir F. Rad said:

yep ddr3 one with q9500 and some graphic card, ddr2 8gb ram with other q9something and graphic card, and for that  biostar i put e8400 inside with hd5450and gonna send the link i found to who ever i donate it to, i bellieve this would be the most appropriate action, some time later maybe gonna buy more pcs from that shop to donate to more people in need, by the way i cant thank you enough for all your amazing advices also sorry for my limited language skills i havnt born in au and migrated here a couple of years ago, english is not my first language, sorry if i couldnt expressed what i wanted to say properly and it was difficult for you to understand what i was trying to say also your case looks neat i like it i think i remember this cpu, i think i just bought a pc and when it came out it was like why i didnt wait a little bit longer i was going crazy lots of memories, god i missed those dial up days with windows 95 yahoo messenger and chat rooms days of sega games, by the way i am gonna buy two readon x850 thanks for sharing your pc information 🙂 and wish you the best of luck or best of lock i am not sure which one is correct 😉 see you dear friend

the readon x850 (6800, 9800, fx 7900, 3dfx) are collector gpus meant for top of the line 98se builds so no point. if you want something close in performance get a Nvidia Quadro FX 3500

normally pcie gpu would not work on 98 but there are modded drivers witch makes em work...

1 hour ago, thrasher_565 said:

the readon x850 (6800, 9800, fx 7900, 3dfx) are collector gpus meant for top of the line 98se builds so no point. if you want something close in performance get a Nvidia Quadro FX 3500

normally pcie gpu would not work on 98 but there are modded drivers witch makes em work...

oh right , thanks for the information i dont know anything about collecting and so on but thanks for the tip

2 minutes ago, Amir F. Rad said:

oh right , thanks for the information i dont know anything about collecting and so on but thanks for the tip

ya there alot of things that can make something collectable. normally the best in slot cpu,gpu,ram, for an mother broad will have an collector cost to it. because people like making there pc as fast as posable. there other things that make a good mb worth more. ones with agp with ddr2,ddr3, some that have 4 ram slots, some have agp and pcie, some can take ddr and ddr2 ram some can take 2 different cpus... a good mb with good over clocking abilatys is also a reason for it to cost more. some times its heat sinks looks. some allow a moded cpu like my pc build has a 771 cpu in it... it also alows to by pass the windows 98 512mb ram install for some reason? and i installed a patch to get that 8gb ram in there thow i think it only uses 3.5 but w/e... some times its just a cool looking gpu or something. like thow gpus that have 2 gpus in one pcb... or there one with 2 pcbs on one gpu...

On 12/17/2022 at 9:15 PM, thrasher_565 said:

ya there alot of things that can make something collectable. normally the best in slot cpu,gpu,ram, for an mother broad will have an collector cost to it. because people like making there pc as fast as posable. there other things that make a good mb worth more. ones with agp with ddr2,ddr3, some that have 4 ram slots, some have agp and pcie, some can take ddr and ddr2 ram some can take 2 different cpus... a good mb with good over clocking abilatys is also a reason for it to cost more. some times its heat sinks looks. some allow a moded cpu like my pc build has a 771 cpu in it... it also alows to by pass the windows 98 512mb ram install for some reason? and i installed a patch to get that 8gb ram in there thow i think it only uses 3.5 but w/e... some times its just a cool looking gpu or something. like thow gpus that have 2 gpus in one pcb... or there one with 2 pcbs on one gpu...

hi friend sorry it took so long to read, i was bussy at work and complitely forgot about this forum, thanks for information still i dont understand it but thanks for explanation i honestly prefer to ask you anytime i need help in these categories rather than learnning them whats what, why would i go learn something so complicated when i have an amazing specialist about it one msg away from me and i can ask you !! but really thanks for explanation also i bought a new motherboard msi pro b660-e it was exterimely cheap i payed 60$ for it, it is lga1700 socket and suppourts 12th gen intel, what cpu i should buy for it, i want to use it as a everyday use for like openning altium designer, corel draw maybe little catia v5 i can technically even put 5k$ in it but obviosly prefer to spend as little as posible on it because i am gonna use it just as a daily pc for one or two years and i am gonna replace it

For CPU I'd grab a 1st gen Ryzen 1600 and a B450 AM4 motherboard with some DDR4 3000 or 3200, you'll have an upgrade path as later AM4 CPU's hit the budget bin and a 6 core Zen CPU isn't terrible for gaming. I think you could squeak by $200 a rig if you're patient, snipe on a lot of auctions, and aren't super picky about brands. Around here on eBay the 1600 goes for $50-80 but you might be able to snipe a cheaper one if you're patient and that's still a pretty good deal at $50. That leaves about $150 for board and ram which is a tight budget but a bargain B450 board will run a 65W CPU just fine at stock power limits and even a little over to the hard limit at 90W, gaming won't push the CPU so hard for so long as to damage the motherboard especially if you're using a down-draft cooler.

I'd pass on Intel for this not because there aren't Intel CPU's with better price to performance but because you'd need to get a new board if you wanted to change CPU between generations later on.

I enjoy building budget systems, I'm doing a 4350G office PC with an A320 motherboard, stock Spire cooler (overkill I know) and currently trying to snipe a deal on 16GB 3200. Stuffed it all in a OE HP case with a 180W HP PSU. Recycling the OE Dell Samsung NVME from a laptop.

2 hours ago, Bitter said:

For CPU I'd grab a 1st gen Ryzen 1600 and a B450 AM4 motherboard with some DDR4 3000 or 3200, you'll have an upgrade path as later AM4 CPU's hit the budget bin and a 6 core Zen CPU isn't terrible for gaming. I think you could squeak by $200 a rig if you're patient, snipe on a lot of auctions, and aren't super picky about brands. Around here on eBay the 1600 goes for $50-80 but you might be able to snipe a cheaper one if you're patient and that's still a pretty good deal at $50. That leaves about $150 for board and ram which is a tight budget but a bargain B450 board will run a 65W CPU just fine at stock power limits and even a little over to the hard limit at 90W, gaming won't push the CPU so hard for so long as to damage the motherboard especially if you're using a down-draft cooler.

I'd pass on Intel for this not because there aren't Intel CPU's with better price to performance but because you'd need to get a new board if you wanted to change CPU between generations later on.

I enjoy building budget systems, I'm doing a 4350G office PC with an A320 motherboard, stock Spire cooler (overkill I know) and currently trying to snipe a deal on 16GB 3200. Stuffed it all in a OE HP case with a 180W HP PSU. Recycling the OE Dell Samsung NVME from a laptop.

thanks sir but it was little late i bought 4 pcs  with i7 gen 7 with 8gb ram 128gb ssd and 600w power for 700$ and bought another rx580 graphic card and installed 4 graphic cards in the cases and donated them and assembled the rest of the parts and made 3 more complite pc and donated them as well but for next time for buying a pc i definitely gonna remember this i didnt know amd wont change socket for each generation