Nvidia fanboys: what makes you shill for them?

RVRY

Good products?

I know I'm coming off as a shill, and I'm really not. I have zero brand loyalty and buy mostly on price/value alone. But given the products, and the market share, the focus seems logical. Nobody is calling people Windows Gaming shills. It's just where it's at.

I like AMD though, I hope they make great strides.

Nvidia has better raytracing performance and dlss which apparently warrants spending a ton extra money as well as being power hungry!! Nvidia have better top of the line gpus which are needed in VERY niche places (professional design etc). ATM though the 7900xtx around 799 i think it was and 4090 at 1.8k smh 

For me, they just have nice reliable cards. I've had far better experience with Nvidia cards and drivers, having owned many from them and ATI/AMD, so I feel better recommending their stuff, as they've proven reliable.

Probably because most people use Windows and Nvidia tends to work the best on Windows. AMD and Intel are known to Windows users for having flakey drivers. Nvidia popularized real time ray tracing and attached a catchy brand name to it. Nvidia tended to have better value back when AMD was slacking in the mid 2010s, giving them market share and recognizability. 

lumpy chunks

Expand to help Bunny reach world domination

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

-Rakshit Jain

They consistently make the fastest GPUs. They have their proprietary tech better supported than their competitor(s now that Intel is in the game) as they dump shitloads of money into developers and will send out an engineer to be on-site, helping you best implement their stuff. Leads to better support for their hardware in both games and workstation tasks (see how common CUDA support is). Usually better built-in media encoders as well. And a rep for more stable/better drivers vs the hit or miss that AMD cards often are (or the bug soup that Intel ARC is currently). 

Simply put, for all their faults, they make the best stuff. Usually that's all folks care about when it comes to spending money on something. 

2 minutes ago, Caroline said:

My two cents: nvidia cards have always been expensive, and fanboys like that as it allows them to boast about being rich. Sort of like Apple phones and now Tesla cars. Actual products might be completely shit but it's how expensive they are that matters.

The GTX 1060 6GB was on the top of Steam hardware charts until it finally got dethroned this year, specifically because it was an insane value and held up against 1080p gaming for far longer than it "should" have. Though yes their high end stuff since 20 series has been overpriced (or really any Titan ever, that used to be the spot the XX90 cards live in now). 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch