Can I disable blinking yellow light on mobo?

Go to solution Solved by m9x3mos,
9 hours ago, HungryHamster said:

Hey, sorry to bother you, but would you mind checking what that option is and where to find it in the bios? It would be a huge help. I went through pretty much every setting in the bios and I couldn't find anything that seems like it would disable it.

This was the option I found. The system in working state being set to aura only is the needed change. Then stealth more for off states so no lights are on. 

20221204_142022.jpg

It's the HD_LED. There's probably a way to disable it in the BIOS if you really find it annoying, but don't know exactly where it would be off the top of my head. 

If you can't find it in a minute or so, electrical tape would probably be my solution.

There's this blinking yellow light on the bottom right of my motherboard and I'm wondering if there's any way to disable it. My old motherboard had this too and it's kinda annoying. The motherboard is an ASUS Z790 Hero.

I forget the setting but I have a z690 hero and there is an option in the bios to turn that off. It is a hdd activity led. 

Go all ssd and there will be no hdd activity 

😉

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper 

4 hours ago, Ebony Falcon said:

Go all ssd and there will be no hdd activity 

😉

Incorrect - The LED indicates activity with the drive regardless if it's a HDD or SSD as in it's being read and written to.
Even with an SSD my system shows drive activity with this LED because that's what it's for. In every case I've ran either drive type it always works so it's not a HDD "Kind of thing" with it.
The OP can use tape, coat it in LET (Liquid electrical tape) or whatever to solve their problem.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

31 minutes ago, Beerzerker said:

Incorrect - The LED indicates activity with the drive regardless if it's a HDD or SSD as in it's being read and written to.
Even with an SSD my system shows drive activity with this LED because that's what it's for. In every case I've ran either drive type it always works so it's not a HDD "Kind of thing" with it.
The OP can use tape, coat it in LET (Liquid electrical tape) or whatever to solve their problem.

I know it was a joke haha

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper 

On 12/2/2022 at 10:09 PM, m9x3mos said:

I forget the setting but I have a z690 hero and there is an option in the bios to turn that off. It is a hdd activity led. 

Hey, sorry to bother you, but would you mind checking what that option is and where to find it in the bios? It would be a huge help. I went through pretty much every setting in the bios and I couldn't find anything that seems like it would disable it.

On 12/3/2022 at 7:28 AM, Ebony Falcon said:

I know it was a joke haha

Just making sure here, but know sometimes these "Jokes" leads to misinformation being spread around too.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

3 hours ago, Beerzerker said:

Just making sure here, but know sometimes these "Jokes" leads to misinformation being spread around too.

Ah ok yeah sorry 

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper 

This was the option I found. The system in working state being set to aura only is the needed change. Then stealth more for off states so no lights are on. 

20221204_142022.jpg

1 hour ago, m9x3mos said:

20221204_142022.jpg

Thanks so much! I really appreciate the help. That flashing light was really starting to bug me.

33 minutes ago, HungryHamster said:

Thanks so much! I really appreciate the help. That flashing light was really starting to bug me.

Oh i get that. If the side panel is clear and you can see it, that blinking gets annoying fast. 

34 minutes ago, HungryHamster said:

Oh I should also note, that setting turns off all fictional leds. If you need to trouble shoot something later, you might need to turn it back on.