modem

VerSusS

i want to buy a new router Netgear Nighthawk XR1000 and i want to know what modem will fit best for this router ? thanks

15 minutes ago, VerSusS said:

and i want to know what modem will fit best for this router ? thanks

Are you looking to do anything specific? You won't really find something like a "gaming modem" so you're better off with the cheapest option that gives you the amount of ports you need. The free modem I got from my provider has done nicely

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, Fasauceome said:

Are you looking to do anything specific? You won't really find something like a "gaming modem" so you're better off with the cheapest option that gives you the amount of ports you need. The free modem I got from my provider has done nicely

i have wired and wireless devices connected to my network and i want to be able to use QOS to limit data and prioritize my pc and this is a good router that can do that , what youre talking about have almost no features to manage your devices

46 minutes ago, VerSusS said:

i want to be able to use QOS to limit data and prioritize my pc and this is a good router that can do that

since you have a router that's doing all the work with QOS, that's why I'm recommending a cheap modem. All you need is network access to the router to let it take care of allocation, if I'm not mistaken

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

The router will do all the hard work, the modem just connects your router to the internet.

Don't forget to @me / quote me for a reply =]

3 hours ago, VerSusS said:

what modem will fit best for this router ? thanks

Modems are internet type specific. So what kind of Internet do you have? DSL, Coax, LTE/5G? 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.