low tdp cpu(ill keep the 6600k) question now is about low wat gpu with 3x 1440p monitors...

8 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

hwinfo.png

So looks like about 20w from your cpu, 40w from the gpu, probably 10-20w from psu losses, and 20-30w from other stuff in the system like ram, chipset, storage, fans, etc.

A gpu is typically gonna be pretty power hungry at idle with multiple monitors, esp high refresh rate displays. That cpu power usage looks fine, and a modern cpu won't help much here. My ryzen 5950x sits about about the same 70-100w in idle with a gtx 1080. But I only have a single 4k60 display.

28 minutes ago, Ebony Falcon said:

5950x is the most power efficient cpu to performance of all time according to gamers nexus, so u could go bios and limit that to what ever power u desire and it will perform the best 

limit it to 60w it will be the best performing cpu you can get at 60w ect 

Actually the 7950x is when limiting to the 5950x power draw, Gamers nexus later corrected themselves. 5nm and all that

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

Just now, Origami Cactus said:

Actually the 7950x is when limiting to the 5950x power draw, Gamers nexus later corrected themselves. 5nm and all that

Oh ok not seen that one, got a link to the video they corrected it ? 

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper 

12 minutes ago, Ebony Falcon said:

Oh ok not seen that one, got a link to the video they corrected it ? 

This video is actually heavily linked with the topic at hand, because it talks about Ryzen ECO mode, and how it gets much better performance per watt, so I will link it here:

But I donçt recommend the OP goes out and buys that, any modern 7nm or 5nm cpu will perform great for gaming even at 30-40watts, for example the r5 5600, i5 12400, r5 7600x etc etc. Of course the r5 7600x would be the most efficient at low TDP because it is at the most advanced node, but it is also the most expensive.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

2 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

So looks like about 20w from your cpu, 40w from the gpu, probably 10-20w from psu losses, and 20-30w from other stuff in the system like ram, chipset, storage, fans, etc.

A gpu is typically gonna be pretty power hungry at idle with multiple monitors, esp high refresh rate displays. That cpu power usage looks fine, and a modern cpu won't help much here. My ryzen 5950x sits about about the same 70-100w in idle with a gtx 1080. But I only have a single 4k60 display.

ok so the question is now what low wat gpu that can do 3 monitors running at 2560 x 1140 at 170hrz with dp or can do 120 with hdmi.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

Just now, thrasher_565 said:

ok so the question is now what low wat gpu that can do 3 monitors running at 2560 x 1140 at 170hrz with dp or can do 120 with hdmi.

I don't think there is a gpu that would be much better. a lower tier gpu like a 1060 would be a bit better, but probably only a couple of watts. A newer card will be more efficient like a 3060, but still a very small difference likely.

Probably the best option here is a mac studio, but thats not cheap and a mac.

I don't see a point is changing parts of your PC. You would be spending a good amount of money for very little power savings. Your not saving money this way. If room heat is a issue, I'd get a AC unit instead of swapping PC parts.

2 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

I don't think there is a gpu that would be much better. a lower tier gpu like a 1060 would be a bit better, but probably only a couple of watts. A newer card will be more efficient like a 3060, but still a very small difference likely.

Probably the best option here is a mac studio, but thats not cheap and a mac.

I don't see a point is changing parts of your PC. You would be spending a good amount of money for very little power savings. Your not saving money this way. If room heat is a issue, I'd get a AC unit instead of swapping PC parts.

oh ok then haha well then... its like i planed it...for once... 😉

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

38 minutes ago, Kid.Lazer said:

It depends heavily on BIOS settings too. A stock 65 watt ryzen CPU (from most generations) with no PBO or OC will draw right around 80 Watts. Once you start enabling things like PBO that all goes out the window. For reference, I also always run my CPUs bone-stock with stock(ish) coolers in small cases, so never have PBO enabled to save on thermals.

ah, yeah that's probably true... it was definitely with pbo on the 3600, but also fairly sure with -200mv offset which i thought saves power... but thinking about it,  it may not lol... going by my gpu that's also undervolted it still hits the power limit fairly easy, except now with higher frequencies! i guess that could be tweaked tho (just set a lower frequency target) 

but yeah i agree at default settings there should be quite the difference (didn't really think of that, because im not "overclocking" in the traditional sense) 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity