LG QNED vs Samsung QLED

patriotaki

Which of these two TVs is better?

LG QNED826QB vs Samsung  QE75Q70BA QLED

The price difference is only 100EUR

Most comparisons I found were between QNED and Neo QLED, but this samsung I am looking at is just QLED

Both will probably not great and not a ton of details on reputable review site like rting. If I have to guess, both were probably older generation FALD with one being IPS and the other being VA. 

If you want it for HDR movies, Samsung should be better as IPS will always have a tough time creating a good HDR (even on a higher end TV and monitor, you'll often end up with blooming galore.) VA has much better native contrast (typically) and can display HDR better even with limited hardware. 

SDR though, IPS can be better, especially in a brightroom as they tend to have a lot better viewing angle. 

All thing consider though, both are probably s*it. I would pick least QN85B from the Samsung side (which is also IPS but have some really good HDR hardware), even if I have to content with a smaller 55 inches TV.

10 minutes ago, e22big said:

Both will probably not great and not a ton of details on reputable review site like rting. If I have to guess, both were probably older generation FALD with one being IPS and the other being VA. 

If you want it for HDR movies, Samsung should be better as IPS will always have a tough time creating a good HDR (even on a higher end TV and monitor, you'll often end up with blooming galore.) VA has much better native contrast (typically) and can display HDR better even with limited hardware. 

SDR though, IPS can be better, especially in a brightroom as they tend to have a lot better viewing angle. 

All thing consider though, both are probably s*it. I would pick least QN85B from the Samsung side (which is also IPS but have some really good HDR hardware), even if I have to content with a smaller 55 inches TV.

ty for the input, the TV will be used in the living room area, where most of the time it will play normal channels (most of them are not even HD), so for me spending a lot of money for a good TV doesnt really make sense, since most of the time i am not going to take advantage of such features (i believe).

I just want to fill the wall with a big tv (75inch) but at least upgrading to a better quality from my current TV (my current tv is a samsung crystal uhd 2020 model)

I am looking to get a 120HZ TV since that will be "visible" even on normal TV Channels

These 2 TV's are currently in offer, thus the question.

4 hours ago, patriotaki said:

ty for the input, the TV will be used in the living room area, where most of the time it will play normal channels (most of them are not even HD), so for me spending a lot of money for a good TV doesnt really make sense, since most of the time i am not going to take advantage of such features (i believe).

I just want to fill the wall with a big tv (75inch) but at least upgrading to a better quality from my current TV (my current tv is a samsung crystal uhd 2020 model)

I am looking to get a 120HZ TV since that will be "visible" even on normal TV Channels

These 2 TV's are currently in offer, thus the question.

You will unlikely to notice 120hz on a normal TV content. Most - actually all, of the TV content today is 60hz at most (most are 24 in fact)

120hz is benefitial only when you're playing game or use a TV as monitor (where there's a lot of UI animation.) That said, you will benefit from a midrange TV as they tend to have outstanding brightness which is important for regular viewing. Although to be fair both of these may also be good in that regard - but some low end TV could have terrible bright level.

Between the two, I would prefer IPS over Samsung VA for just TV and no movies. Viewing angle can issue be notiecable on a large TV like these but looking for something 60hz but cheap, bright, and big would probably be a better way to spend your money. 

4 hours ago, e22big said:

You will unlikely to notice 120hz on a normal TV content. Most - actually all, of the TV content today is 60hz at most (most are 24 in fact)

120hz is benefitial only when you're playing game or use a TV as monitor (where there's a lot of UI animation.) That said, you will benefit from a midrange TV as they tend to have outstanding brightness which is important for regular viewing. Although to be fair both of these may also be good in that regard - but some low end TV could have terrible bright level.

Between the two, I would prefer IPS over Samsung VA for just TV and no movies. Viewing angle can issue be notiecable on a large TV like these but looking for something 60hz but cheap, bright, and big would probably be a better way to spend your money. 

Thanks for the reply,

i've found a better deal on a TCL (android tv) QLED with HDR PRO

This is the actual model i've found: https://www.tcl.com/eastafrica/en/tvs/c728

What is your opinion on that one compared to other two TVs, in the spec sheet it seems better, but i've never used TCL or android tv

8 hours ago, patriotaki said:

Thanks for the reply,

i've found a better deal on a TCL (android tv) QLED with HDR PRO

This is the actual model i've found: https://www.tcl.com/eastafrica/en/tvs/c728

What is your opinion on that one compared to other two TVs, in the spec sheet it seems better, but i've never used TCL or android tv

Probably comparable to Samsung I think but neither of them seem to have been widly reviewed so I don't know the spesific

TCL C728: The Perfect Gaming TV? (techweekmag.com)

My baseline assumption is that anything samsung UNDER the QN85 lineup is going to be "meh" compared to its competition. I say this as a QN90 owner. Samsung is kind of riding off of their reputation at this point. GREAT higher end products, uncompetitive lower end products. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/HTBuyingGuides/comments/ukrs2i/home_theater_101_2022_us_television_buying_guide/

My default - look at RTings' suggestions then pick whatever you can find on sale. If the price is close, look at subratings and KNOW your use case well. 
https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/best/by-size/70-75-77-inch

3900x | 32GB RAM | RTX 2080

1.5TB Optane P4800X | 2TB Micron 1100 SSD | 16TB NAS w/ 10Gbe
QN90A | Polk R200, ELAC OW4.2, PB12-NSD, SB1000, HD800

ive found a good deal (1000$ off) for the samsung q80 (QE75Q80BATXXH)

are the q80 models any good?