Gaming pc help

aShqrk
3 minutes ago, m9x3mos said:

I believe so. As you go faster in speed the latency goes higher. But it is a calculation between the two to get actual latency the system will see. Jay talked about it a while back. 

Short hand calculation is (CL x 2000) / Speed, so e.g. CL30 x 2000 / 6000 MT/s = 10 nanoseconds latency.

Just now, aShqrk said:

Can it easily go faster with xmp

6000 MT/s is using XMP already. XMP has a set of pre-configured speeds the RAM can be overclocked to. Anything else, you'll have to do the overclocking yourself.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

1 minute ago, m9x3mos said:

An example is 6000 at cl 30 comes out to 10 ns latency. 

That compared to 6600 at cl 32 is 9.69 ns latency. 

So yes, that can be technically faster but the price jumps by a significant amount. 

It is about 100 more for the faster kit I believe and unless you are doing memory intensive operations you won't see that difference really. 

Mainly gaming is faster better

Just now, aShqrk said:

Mainly gaming is faster better

For gaming typically lower latency is more important than faster speed, but the difference is usually small enough to not be worth spending too much more.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

1 minute ago, aShqrk said:

Can it easily go faster with xmp

The speed you buy on the kit label (ie 6000) is xmp over clocking. 4800 is the default jdec speed ddr5 will run at.  You might be able to over click further, but your mileage my vary. 

With DDR5, primary timings don't actually matter all that much. A 6400MT/s CL32-39-39 kit will be faster than a 6400MT/s CL40-40-40, but the 6400MT/s CL40 kit will be faster in practice than something like a 6200MT/s CL32 kit. 

If you just want to enable XMP and be done with it, get the highest clocked kit you can afford, though I'd stay below 7400MT/s for best compatibility. If you want to do more memory overclocking instead, then it's also a bit more complicated, with 3 possible paths to go down. 

1. Cheap 5600MT/s and overclock it to 6400MT/s. Basically every 5600MT/s kit will do 6400MT/s without too much effort, and if you're lucky and get Hynix M die you can do 7000MT/s. 
  2. 6400MT/s and overclock that to 7000MT/s since that's guaranteed Hynix M die.
  3. 7000MT/s or higher, change the motherboard to a 2 DIMM board like the Unify X and overclock it to something like 8000MT/s or higher since it's guaranteed Hynix A die, which clocks memory like crazy and is basically as fast as you can get. 

Just now, Eigenvektor said:

For gaming typically lower latency is more important than faster speed, but the difference is usually small enough to not be worth spending too much more.

Exactly this. For gaming, finding a balance for the money like the kit I originally recommended is the best iron. Going much for wrong reddit net you much more performance and nothing you would notice outside of benchmarks. 

9 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

With DDR5, primary timings don't actually matter all that much. A 6400MT/s CL32-39-39 kit will be faster than a 6400MT/s CL40-40-40, but the 6400MT/s CL40 kit will be faster in practice than something like a 6200MT/s CL32 kit. 

If you just want to enable XMP and be done with it, get the highest clocked kit you can afford, though I'd stay below 7400MT/s for best compatibility. If you want to do more memory overclocking instead, then it's also a bit more complicated, with 3 possible paths to go down. 

1. Cheap 5600MT/s and overclock it to 6400MT/s. Basically every 5600MT/s kit will do 6400MT/s without too much effort, and if you're lucky and get Hynix M die you can do 7000MT/s. 
  2. 6400MT/s and overclock that to 7000MT/s since that's guaranteed Hynix M die.
  3. 7000MT/s or higher, change the motherboard to a 2 DIMM board like the Unify X and overclock it to something like 8000MT/s or higher since it's guaranteed Hynix A die, which clocks memory like crazy and is basically as fast as you can get. 

Is 6000 and 30cl good for gaming

16 minutes ago, aShqrk said:

Is 6000 and 30cl good for gaming

It's fine, though 6400MT/s is usually about the same price and faster, so unless you're going for a Ryzen 7000 series CPU 6000MT/s CL30 doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Again, more or less ignore primary timings unless you're comparing two of the same bin, because with how DDR5 works on Intel, the memory controller clock (tied to the memory frequency) is more important to the latency than the CAS latency value. Even when you are comparing two of the same bin, the extra timings are gonna give you such little performance uplift that you'd be lucky to notice them in benchmark scores, let alone practically in game. 

22 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

It's fine, though 6400MT/s is usually about the same price and faster, so unless you're going for a Ryzen 7000 series CPU 6000MT/s CL30 doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Again, more or less ignore primary timings unless you're comparing two of the same bin, because with how DDR5 works on Intel, the memory controller clock (tied to the memory frequency) is more important to the latency than the CAS latency value. Even when you are comparing two of the same bin, the extra timings are gonna give you such little performance uplift that you'd be lucky to notice them in benchmark scores, let alone practically in game. 

Can u send me a link to 6400 with lowest cas latency 

1 minute ago, aShqrk said:

Can u send me a link to 6400 with lowest cas latency 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09QRT4S65?tag=pcpapi-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1

That's the cheapest 6400MT/s kit you can find. 

Though again, CAS Latency does not matter that much. You can more or less ignore it on DDR5, the frequency alone is what you need to pay attention to. 

What processor, mobo, and case? The NH-D15 is a pretty good cooler if you can fit it without running into issues with ram clearance or side panel.

My PC Specs: (expand to view)

Main Gaming Machine

CPU:  Intel Core i7-14700K
CPU Cooler: Deepcool LT720
Motherboard: MSI PRO Z790-P WIFI
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws S5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000

Storage 1: Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB

Storage 2: Crucial P3 Plus 4 TB
Video Card: EVGA XC3 ULTRA GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Power Supply: Corsair RM850 850W
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow
Case Fan 120mm: Noctua F12 PWM 54.97 CFM 120 mm (x1)
Case Fan 140mm: Noctua A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140 mm (x2)
Monitor Main: MSI G274QPF-QD 27.0" 2560 x 1440 170 Hz
Monitor Vertical: Asus VA27EHE 27.0" 1920x1080 75 Hz

Just now, TylerD321 said:

What processor, mobo, and case? The NH-D15 is a pretty good cooler if you can fit it without running into issues with ram clearance or side panel.

case i dont think it is being sold anymore cause it is from an old prebuilt but looks like a semi modern gaming pc case without all the rgb 13600k and ASUS Prime Z790-A WiFi 6E LGA 1700 (Intel 13th&12th Gen) ATX Motherboard (16+1 DrMOS, PCIe 5.0, DDR5, 4x M.2 slots, Intel 2.5 Gb LAN, USB 3.2 Gen 2 Front Panel Type-C, Thunderbolt 4 (USB4), DP) - Newegg.com

Just now, aShqrk said:

case i dont think it is being sold anymore cause it is from an old prebuilt

Can you post some photos of the case?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

27 minutes ago, aShqrk said:

nvm i forgot that i have a windows licence migrated to my microsoft acc which was something that i was gonna buy i am planning on getting this: Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB Tempered Glass Mid-Tower ATX PC Smart Case, Black, CC-9011212-WW - Newegg.com

That case has plenty of clearance for the heatsink. What ram are you using?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

11 minutes ago, person123456789 said:

not compatible in stock form but should be compatible if you move the fan a little bit up

what case would u recommend that is black and has rgb

11 minutes ago, aShqrk said:

what case would u recommend that is black and has rgb

fractal design torrent

8 minutes ago, person123456789 said:

fractal design torrent

i meant a newegg link or pc part picker

Budget (including currency): $2200 usd

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming and streaming

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): parts: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/kgQvhk

I have 900 watts of psus that are not being used
I will have one monitor at 1080p then get 2 1440p monitors. 120 refresh rate when I get the new monitors any tips would be helpful. Buying at near the end of November to middle of December