Do 4090s bought from scalpers still have warranty?

HumdrumPenguin

I was wondering here what happens if anyone with a 4090 bought from a scalper starts seeing the connector melting due to the crappy adapter. When I registered mine (bought directly from Best Buy Canada), all MSI asked was the codes on the card's sticker, and the invoice of purchase. As far as I know, companies wouldn't honor any warranty on cards not bought directly from an authorized reseller, but at the same time if MSI only asks for the invoice, provided the scalper gives you one it should be ok, right? This question just struck me today, when I was thinking that this could be the end of this card's scalping (at least for now).

Normally warranty doesn't transfer unless your country has a law that says so.

Oh dear God can we please stop acting like every single adapter is going to explode. This isn't an Xbox situation. 

Yes it's cheaply designed but the only people who are having problems are the ones who are abusing them by twisting them out of shape. Of course no one is admitting that and they are pretending like it just happened out of the blue. 

18 hours ago, dilpickle said:

Oh dear God can we please stop acting like every single adapter is going to explode. This isn't an Xbox situation. 

Yes it's cheaply designed but the only people who are having problems are the ones who are abusing them by twisting them out of shape. Of course no one is admitting that and they are pretending like it just happened out of the blue. 

It could be the case, but based on Gamers Nexus latest video there are 2 different builds for this adapter. The one tested by Igor's Lab is the crappy one. All 5 samples Gamers Nexus had were the better one, so Steve couldn't replicate the issue. All I know is that I've been keeping my adapter straight as an arrow and power cap limited at 70% since I inserted the 4090 into my rig. I really don't want to buy an expensive Cable Mod cable for my PSU since I want to buy a new ATX 3.0 PSU as soon as I can (the good ones, like MSI MEG Ai1300P or Seasonic Vertex PX-1200, not the crappy stuff in the Canadian market right now).