E cores are no joke

Shit the bed I heard so much about the e cores being weak and not good for anything 

13600k e cores only in r23 are getting 8800 points and 1100single core  

that’s the same as a 9700k at stock near enough. That’s absolutely ridiculously good.

That’s 6 monster cores with a 9700k strapped on for laughs wtf

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper 

Sorta depends what pc community you’re in to hear different takes like this. I find it odd that on these LTT forums there’s people genuinely recommending AM5 or even AM4 after alder lake came out. Or just shunning intel 12th/13th Gen in general.

Because that is not the sentiment almost anywhere else, the common new build recommendation for a conventional system has been an i5 12400F on B660 with a 6600 XT.

I think it has to do more with the tech YouTuber space, and maybe that’s why the views here are as such.

8 minutes ago, 8tg said:

Sorta depends what pc community you’re in to hear different takes like this. I find it odd that on these LTT forums there’s people genuinely recommending AM5 or even AM4 after alder lake came out. Or just shunning intel 12th/13th Gen in general.

Because that is not the sentiment almost anywhere else, the common new build recommendation for a conventional system has been an i5 12400F on B660 with a 6600 XT.

I think it has to do more with the tech YouTuber space, and maybe that’s why the views here are as such.

12400f on a b660 is the most basic bitch build I could imagine

personally current market 7600x or 13600k and a 3060ti or get a console  

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper 

7 minutes ago, Ebony Falcon said:

12400f on a b660 is the most basic bitch build I could imagine

personally current market 7600x or 13600k and a 3060ti or get a console  

Nobody is recommending AM5 yet due to the cost of the motherboards and DDR5 as well as the low value of the processors compared to the last of AM4.

Nobody ever recommends K sku i5’s because they don’t OC well and the added cost isn’t worth the performance when compared to the more conventional i5’s.

If you have a 12600K in a build plan in almost any other community it’s comedy gold.

And nvidia cards arent recommended outside of the 3090 and 3090ti if you’re building something that high end or need nvidia specific features because in real world performance the AMD equivalents are overall better value.

This all has to do with the mass sentiment of whatever tech community is in question but I trust nearly anywhere else first over the LTT forums when it comes to product tiering and value. 
I would maybe trust LTT more than r/buildapc.

Because all this info just feeds down from higher up tech sources and gets manipulated by different audiences feeding off eachother. Note the sentiments of a first hand party vs one that’s referencing the first hand party vs one that’s referencing them, who referenced the first hand party.

7 minutes ago, 8tg said:

Nobody is recommending AM5 yet due to the cost of the motherboards and DDR5 as well as the low value of the processors compared to the last of AM4.

Nobody ever recommends K sku i5’s because they don’t OC well and the added cost isn’t worth the performance when compared to the more conventional i5’s.

If you have a 12600K in a build plan in almost any other community it’s comedy gold.

And nvidia cards arent recommended outside of the 3090 and 3090ti if you’re building something that high end or need nvidia specific features because in real world performance the AMD equivalents are overall better value.

This all has to do with the mass sentiment of whatever tech community is in question but I trust nearly anywhere else first over the LTT forums when it comes to product tiering and value. 
I would maybe trust LTT more than r/buildapc.

Because all this info just feeds down from higher up tech sources and gets manipulated by different audiences feeding off eachother. Note the sentiments of a first hand party vs one that’s referencing the first hand party vs one that’s referencing them, who referenced the first hand party.

12600k is comedy gold ? That blows my mind 

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper 

Debauer did this a while back. Very interesting results.

With just E-Cores, the 12900k was multicore around a 1700X, and single core around a 7700k.

I just ordered the 13700kf, which is basically a "better 12900K for less"

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

8 minutes ago, Ebony Falcon said:

12600k is comedy gold ? That blows my mind 

Yeah, there is definitely value on the 12600k over the 12400, mostly because even without overclocking, you're getting 4 ecores on the 12600k that you don't get on the 12400F. It's definitely worth the extra $50 or so to get it. Even on a B660 and without overclocking.

What I've noticed here is that a LOT of people are AMD biased. 

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

6 hours ago, Shimmy Gummi said:

Yeah, there is definitely value on the 12600k over the 12400, mostly because even without overclocking, you're getting 4 ecores on the 12600k that you don't get on the 12400F. It's definitely worth the extra $50 or so to get it. Even on a B660 and without overclocking.

What I've noticed here is that a LOT of people are AMD biased. 

A lot of people are still riding the ryzen value train from like 2-3 years ago. I get it. It was definitely there when the 3600x was new, but there's a bit more going on now imo

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

An all e-core CPU would make sense for a home server that doesn't see a lot of CPU load. If I could get an 8 e-core 2 p-core setup, I'd seriously consider it.

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022