Noctua NH-D15

I'm really surprised you didn't mention the Issues with it Blocking(on some motherboards?) the first PCIe slot. Seems like Either a huge Flaw a poor design Choice by Noctua. How much heat loss is gained by that few millimeters it overlaps the first slot on many motherboards. A huge compatibility flaw that makes it a step down from the 14 in most cases, but maybe they are designed for new platforms(x99mobos?) or something with a larger spacing from the CPU slot and PCIe slot 1. Frrom an industry leader to see such a product is disappointing tbh. Here is a review that shows the issue.

http://youtu.be/swijjjpVR0s?t=14m13s

How about comparing it to H220?

In your old doc with 3930k the H220 beats the H100i by 10°C and H110 by 5°C

Seeing here the Noctua is 0.6°C beter than H110 at load, the Swiftech could/should be better.

So I guess saying that it's better than AIO is not completely right.

A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it.

correct me if im wrong here, but this is supposed to be "the best" air cooler right?

if so, shouldnt it be compared to the best closed loop cooler? like swifttech H220.

Just wondering, hence the question :)

Looks like a great cooler, all advances in teknology or performance have a positive impact on the community no matter if you are a Water boy or air freak :P

The ambient of the case should be measured not the room, doesnt really matter for me but TTL kinda backs this review up: http://www.overclock3d.net/gfx/articles/2014/04/25150726363l.jpg

Considering a H100i uses 3K rpm fans it's no wonder theyre a few degrees better but take those noisy crap fans off theyre not topping the charts anymore and theyre literally a joke to a nh-d15. Most people would use this for mainstream boards like lga1155/1150 and cooling performance there depends on the backplate as well and thats mainly why you would see better temps from a nh-d14 with their "legendary" mounting kit outperforming a H100i@2700rpm: http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/cpu_cooler_roundup_2013_q1_review,11.html

The only decent AIO is the H220/H320, with a quiet optimized rad and better performing pump thats performing the same at 1200 vs 3000 rpm and doesnt come with cheating fans, all other AIO's are just junk.

I really liked the video, but the 10 minute support us outro is becoming a little overbearing. I get that it pays your bills, but does every method of support need to be specifically mentioned in every video?

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

How much louder is an h110 compared to the noctua?

Also Noctua quoted Linus's video on their site :D http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=productview&products_id=68&lng=en

My System Specs: (Short list) i7 4770k, GTX 780, many SSD's, a 2 TB HDD(deceased :( ), Corsair 650D. Full list: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/kchriz6097/saved/8dh7YJ

Upgrade Plan: Acquire some Black Noctuas then add 16 or 32GB of 2133MHz memory

Thank you for this benchmark.

Finally I hava a way not to go with all-in-one Liquidcoolers anymore.

I bought two AIOs and I had three failures. That is just too much for me!

I really liked the video, but the 10 minute support us outro is becoming a little overbearing. I get that it pays your bills, but does every method of support need to be specifically mentioned in every video?

Was it really 10 minutes? Was it? Are we going into Bullshit Mountain so early? 

And yes, they need to support their channel so they will. They have ever right and expectation to. As always, if you don't like it you can stop watching..

LTTs production quality, knowledge and levity make the 2-3 minutes of ads worth it. I can't say that about most mediums of entertainment I watch.

Lol? I'm free to express my constructive criticism, but thanks for needlessly white knighting.

Was it really 10 minutes? Was it? Are we going into Bullshit Mountain so early?

And yes, they need to support their channel so they will. They have ever right and expectation to. As always, if you don't like it you can stop watching..

LTTs production quality, knowledge and levity make the 2-3 minutes of ads worth it. I can't say that about most mediums of entertainment I watch.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Lol? I'm free to express my constructive criticism, but thanks for needlessly white knighting.

You keep using the phrase "white knighting", I don't think you know what it means...

Let me help you out: "men who defend women on the Internet with the assumption that they are looking for a romantic reward in return."

Pretty sure I'm not defending any woman on the internet here, unless you're calling Linus a woman...

@LinusTech Does it look like there are any clearance issues with PCI-e expansion cards in the first slot on a motherboard?

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

Lol

You keep using the phrase "white knighting", I don't think you know what it means...

Let me help you out: "men who defend women on the Internet with the assumption that they are looking for a romantic reward in return."

Pretty sure I'm not defending any woman on the internet here, unless you're calling Linus a woman...

@LinusTech Does it look like there are any clearance issues with PCI-e expansion cards in the first slot on a motherboard?

http://youtu.be/swijjjpVR0s?t=14m13s

this video highlights the issue 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

What were the deltas for those temperatures? My room is 28 celsius at the moment so I couldn't hope to achieve that :P

I am disapointed with the vague information available or I am missing something.

Besides the H 212 Evo, I will have no clue whats best for me ( If I want ot spend more for better)

Temperature graphs is not enough for me.

Because you cna increase or lower the speed of the cooling device to achieve better temperatures.

I would like graphs of  Temperature/ noise.

Again, I might be missing that maybe you run all the cooling on the same noise level.

Then theres the type of noise, the sound pitch.

Theres a lot of room when it comes to cooling information. I didnt look very far either. This is my impression after all the videos and things I have naturally come by.

I am sure you can easily brainstorm ideas faster then they can be written and read. Yeah, cause I think your that good when it comes to this.

I can write some if you want.

In general, Quality:     temperature/noise

Price/quality :  Temperature noise ratio number / Price

There are many variables, your understanding of the field is superior and you may come with better ideas.

Are those graphs already out there?

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

Sorry but for the price id go with the h100i

Srry misread the benchmark id definetly go for this over the h series if i was looking for performance

Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

did you know we have a gun thread ? well we do 

and a car thread ! 

I wish I could have one just to look at. I'm happy with my stock cooler though. Does better than my Hyper TX3 by a few degrees.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Linus has kicked his baby out of the crib to make way for the new heat-sink, which will be residing there from now on.

- "some salty pretzel bun fanboy" ~ @helping, 2014
- "Oh shit, watch out guys, we got a hopscotch bassass here..." ~ @vinyldash303

- "Yes the 8990 is more fater than the 4820K and as you can see this specific Video card comes with 6GB" ~ Alienware 2014

ugh should have tested the nzxt x60 against this as well

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

ugh should have tested the nzxt x60 against this as well

We have been over this. The x60 performs almost the same as an h100i or an h110. You can pretty much guess the results.

We have been over this. The x60 performs almost the same as an h100i or an h110. You can pretty much guess the results.

i know but it would have been more even to include it in the test, they only tested it against corsairs stuff they should have added stuff like the h220 etc

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

i know but it would have been more even to include it in the test, they only tested it against corsairs stuff they should have added stuff like the h220 etc

There is very little difference between major AIOs when they use the same fans though. Except for the kuhler 1250 with its dual pumps. They probably just grabbed what was at hand since most AIOs are so similar.

Linus + Noctua = ultimate "Do as I say, not as I do" :P

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

I am disapointed with the vague information available or I am missing something.

Besides the H 212 Evo, I will have no clue whats best for me ( If I want ot spend more for better)

Temperature graphs is not enough for me.

Because you cna increase or lower the speed of the cooling device to achieve better temperatures.

The point of linus' tests is "make all the coolers silent and see how they perform".  You can ramp up the noctua fans to ridiculous rpm also, but he wants silent.

Also, the price ratio can be figured out after the fact.

The cooling/noise ratio is important, but only if you want to ramp it up, and that test is invalid because all the fans are swapped with noctua, because this is a silent build.

If you want it in a format of Dollars-per-Decibel-DeltaDegree-RPM it becomes a lot of tests that don't really tell you much.  By standardizing they at least eliminate sound at which point you can assume they will ALL perform better if you ramp it up.

In a world where the blind leads the blind, who do you follow?

i5 3570K @ 4.3, Dual GTX780, 3x 1080 27" samsung cheap displays.

512 Samsung SSD with 1TB green, 2TB green, and 2x3TB Red, 4x4TB Red.

How much louder is an h110 compared to the noctua?

Also Noctua quoted Linus's video on their site :D http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=productview&products_id=68&lng=en

Well to our ears..

2-3 dBa: slight difference

5dBa: noticeable difference

10dBa: twice as loud

20dBa: four times as loud

Eg a 780dc2oc is around 30dBa@10% fan speed and dunno 65dBa@100%. Just dont stick purely to metrics because our ears perceive everything different