Noctua NH-D15

im rocking on my Phanteks PH-TC14PE that kicks the Noctua NH-D14's ass  :D

By the way is the NH-D15 officialy market as 220W dispacer?

Dissapointed not to see it compared against other air coolers, especially the NH-D14. @LinusTech

Hope you provide these kind of results in the future, as they would greatly benefit a lot of people I believe.

Actually a 3 dB power increase would be percepted as a double in noise level, not 10 dB

post-77090-0-99796100-1398966753.gif

a doubling in power is equal to 3dB.´That is fact (and even stated by "youre source")

try it, notcua nf-f12 with and without reduction. the difference is roughly 3-4 db. and until now, everybody who tries it percieves it roughly as a doubling / halfed noise level.

not to make this a noise thread, just saying. done the testing in a "noise reduced room" many years ago.

a doubling in power is equal to 3dB.´That is fact (and even stated by "youre source")

try it, notcua nf-f12 with and without reduction. the difference is roughly 3-4 db. and until now, everybody who tries it percieves it roughly as a doubling / halfed noise level.

not to make this a noise thread, just saying. done the testing in a "noise reduced room" many years ago.

if you are saying that my NF-P12 sound double as loud without the Low Noise Adapter and Ultra Low Noise Adapter, you're god-damn right.

that depends, i believe NF-P12 has 3 levels spanning from ~13 to ~19. correct me if im wrong.

But yea, even tho it is not the for mentioned 10dB increase but just 5 dB, it would easily be percepted by most if not all as double and more than double the noise.

edit: not 5 but 6 dB offcourse.

Looked up the data on noctua.at. every step up would by many / most be described as doubling in noise. ULNA to LNA, and LNA to full blast.

One of these days I'll get some of these Noctua fans and coolers.  But, I've been quite happy with my Darkrock Pro 2 and looks great, too bad I don't really ever get to see it.  If I recall correctly Noctua had a Redux Project planned and a 200mm fan but I haven't heard or seen anything about those since last year. 

I should put about 6 of these in a pc and see how cool it gets inside compared to my corsair fans....

Great video, but I would've liked audible benchmarks. That's one of the main reasons you get the Noctua over many of its' competitors.

LTT Recruit: Tacoma | Organization: UOLTT Conglomerate | Group: Salvage and Military | Fleet: Anvil Carrack, Aegis Retaliator and CO Mustang Omega

Appreciation to: artofinca.com | UOLTT Conglomerate on RSI and LTT

If you don't know what my avatar is, it's from: Silverhawks

Your power stuff doesnt have anything to do with what difference our ears perceive. youtube.com/watch?v=cwT0mfr-YhY#t=188

@ 2:36 41.37*30 = 1200rpm and 49dBa

@ 3:21 48*30 = 1500 rpm 52dBa

Thats not twice as loud

Compare my first example with youtube.com/watch?v=-ILC81Bh5Eg#t=267 @ 4:00 thats twice as loud

Great video, but I would've liked audible benchmarks. That's one of the main reasons you get the Noctua over many of its' competitors.

All of the fans they are using is from Noctua. There wouldn't be much of a difference. From the pump, if anything.

All of the fans they are using is from Noctua. There wouldn't be much of a difference. From the pump, if anything.

That's a good point. I guess I should state I would've liked a difference between the stock equipped coolers to the D15 and a comparison between the F12 and the 15cm. I would imagine the 15mm Noctua would be surprisingly quiet even in comparison to the F12. Don't see many static pressure optimized fans at 14cm+.

LTT Recruit: Tacoma | Organization: UOLTT Conglomerate | Group: Salvage and Military | Fleet: Anvil Carrack, Aegis Retaliator and CO Mustang Omega

Appreciation to: artofinca.com | UOLTT Conglomerate on RSI and LTT

If you don't know what my avatar is, it's from: Silverhawks

Sure I read something about Noctua brining out black versions of their gear a while back. Is that still going to happen?

I actually don't mind Noctua's colours, problem is no other manufacturer makes components that don't clash with them.

Sure I read something about Noctua brining out black versions of their gear a while back. Is that still going to happen?

I actually don't mind Noctua's colours, problem is no other manufacturer makes components that don't clash with them.

Sabretooth board in a c70 would match pretty well.

I can't possibly wait any longer until this one comes out. I'm so fucking excited. My body is so freakin ready!

• 2 months later...

This needs a better review.

A comparison against its predecessor would be appreciated + some more recent closed loop water solutions like the kraken series!?

But mostly with its predecessor because I want to know is it worth the extra cost?

The NH-D14 is going pretty "cheap" now that this new one is out!

• 1 year later...

this is currently on sale for $89.99 USD is it worth snagging while it is on sale for someone who isn't a "fan" of spending $197.00 USD for a heat sink? thanks and love the videos and the tech tips

post-291790-0-51783200-1449529313.png

this is currently on sale for $89.99 USD is it worth snagging while it is on sale for someone who isn't a "fan" of spending $197.00 USD for a heat sink? thanks and love the videos and the tech tips

Necro the thread much? Anyways, this generally sells for around 100 dollars not 200 anymore. It's still good, but I personally won't use anything other than an AIO anymore.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Necro the thread much? Anyways, this generally sells for around 100 dollars not 200 anymore. It's still good, but I personally won't use anything other than an AIO anymore.

AIOs usually are noisier and perform worse than a D15 though.

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

AIOs usually are noisier and perform worse than a D15 though.

They don't and they aren't. 

But hey, at least with the D15 you get to worry about ram compatibility, good times...

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

They don't and they aren't.

But hey, at least with the D15 you get to worry about ram compatibility, good times...

There are very few AIOs that will beat a D15, namely 2x140mm ones,and not even all of them.

If you buy stupid high profile ram it's your fault if you can't use the best cooler out there just because you thought the ram looked cool

http://www.legitreviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Noctua-NH-D15-Prime95-645x637.jpg

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

There are very few AIOs that will beat a D15, namely 2x140mm ones,and not even all of them.

If you buy stupid high profile ram it's your fault if you can't use the best cooler out there just because you thought the ram looked cool

http://www.legitreviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Noctua-NH-D15-Prime95-645x637.jpg

You can still just move the back fan up though even using high profile RAM like Corsair Dominator though, right? What makes the NH-D15 such an appealing buy besides the great performance and near silent operation is the lifetime support for mounting hardware and six year warranty, plus I'd never have to worry about it leaking.

plus I'd never have to worry about it leaking.

This is a big thing