Is there a way to eliminate screen tearing in a competitive game without additional input delay?

Evie Struggles With Life
11 minutes ago, WereCat said:

Since you don't want GSync or FreeSync then no.

I'd gladly take g-sync or freesync. When should the monitor you'll so kindly send me arrive?

nvidia relfex, which has multiple hardware requirements

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

Just now, Jumballi said:

nvidia relfex, which has multiple hardware requirements

it shortens input delay. but it does not eliminate screen tearing

4 minutes ago, Evie Struggles With Life said:

I'd gladly take g-sync or freesync. When should the monitor you'll so kindly send me arrive?

Since you already assumed that I am telling you to go and buy it and that I have doxed you and know your adress... you can expect it to arrive either tomorrow or later.

As for alternatives, if you have NVIDIA card you may want to use FastSync which will add some input latency but the higher the FPS you have, the lower it will be.

1 minute ago, WereCat said:

Since you already assumed that I am telling you to go and buy it and that I have doxed you and know your adress... you can expect it to arrive either tomorrow or later.

As for alternatives, if you have NVIDIA card you may want to use FastSync which will add some input latency but the higher the FPS you have, the lower it will be.

Reflex uses fast sync technology to reduce latency while gysync to reduce tearing, it's literally a win win and what he wants. Even if enabling gsync ads some latency, reflex reduces latency so much that it's still better than whatever miracle solution he assumes exists.

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

Context is important here too.. the amount of real world latency is so small no one is going to be able to notice. 

You could try disabling vertical synchronization.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

6 hours ago, NastyFlytrap said:

Technicly speaking no.

You may find a solution that adds a small enough amount of latency that you wont notice it, but it will still be there, just too small for a puny human to be able to tell

That being said, i agree with the others. If your performance depends on that 2-3 miliseconds of latency added, then you're either in the top 0.01% (which i doubt you are), or it wont matter at all.

I can quite literally feel the delay, it's like, doubled or so

5 hours ago, NastyFlytrap said:

You either have a bad mouse where we're talking abouh hundreds of miliseconds, or im calling BS.

You're not going to tell the difference between single digit miliseconds. Those are literally one thousandths of a second. 

Cool idgaf if you're calling bs 👍

I'm gunna go with no, because that's the exact reason those technologies were invented. 

Prior to their existence you either:

1. Used vsync and suffered 

2. Didn't use vsync and suffered

So you're just gunna have to put up with tearing ig. 

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

20 hours ago, Jerakl said:

I'm gunna go with no, because that's the exact reason those technologies were invented. 

Prior to their existence you either:

1. Used vsync and suffered 

2. Didn't use vsync and suffered

So you're just gunna have to put up with tearing ig. 

I just didn't want to admit the painful truth..