Samsung phone battery issue, older models? hot, fire! (1.2)

Quackers101

A personal anecdote: my Mom uses an old Samsung, and the battery used to swell.

Then the battery gets replaced by a technician and then it's working fine.

The phone has pretty obvious AMOLED burn in but it's not too severe.

I highly recommend people to check if your Samsung swells.

On 9/27/2022 at 8:26 PM, suicidalfranco said:

User replaceable batteries.

Replacement isn't fix to garbage design and life span.

15 minutes ago, Just that Mario said:

i agree, glueing in the battery shut is a garbage design

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

1 hour ago, Just that Mario said:

Replacing the battery would fix the issue, this wouldn't be an issue if batteries weren't glued into the phone.

14 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

Replacing the battery would fix the issue, this wouldn't be an issue if batteries weren't glued into the phone.

No it wouldn't. It would be a bandaid fix. It's about same stupid as a car having brake pads that wear out within 100 km and solution would be "just replace them". What you're suggesting is to create garbage designs, devices with poor life time and to combat that, have OE just sell replacement parts so you can continuously keep replacing same garbage parts for new ones at extra cost. That's beyond stupid take on this. Must be some fanboyism taking effect to even suggest something like that.

Completely ignoring the fact that replacing glued batteries is entirely possible and not exactly rocket science, especially if the glue-design is made in a repair-friendly way like the pull tabs on numerous iphone generations (at least since the X). Pair that with a proper battery system and PM design and this task only becomes necessary every 2-3 years, i.e., 1-2x in the lifetime of a phone.

Can confirm,  I heard about the video and dug my old S7 out of the drawer.  swollen battery.  I have several other S7 around the house as well as a couple of older samsung tablets.   The one with the worst battery I use the most still (once a month or so)

8 hours ago, Just that Mario said:

What you're suggesting is to create garbage designs,

No one said create garbage designs.  Its clear that the batteries that Samsung is designing and making (with their name on them) have some sort of internal design flaw.  So yes, replacing it with a battery that doesn't have this issue (like apple phones, or any of the others unaffected)  is a totally reasonable and acceptable solution to this issue.

Now how much do i trust Samsung to give me a replacement that isn't their design....  no so much...

9 hours ago, schmism said:

No one said create garbage designs.  Its clear that the batteries that Samsung is designing and making (with their name on them) have some sort of internal design flaw.  So yes, replacing it with a battery that doesn't have this issue (like apple phones, or any of the others unaffected)  is a totally reasonable and acceptable solution to this issue.

Now how much do i trust Samsung to give me a replacement that isn't their design....  no so much...

That's entirely different than what you previously commented.