OnePlus responds to OPPO ownership controversy

According to OnePlus, OPPO is only an investor, not an owner. 

189c0e1f02dc22b2e77d2fb62db48184.png

http://www.gizchina.com/2014/04/28/oneplus-responds-oppo-controversy/

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Don't know what OnePlus is. :l

a new phone manufacturer 

Current: CPU: Intel i7-8700k. Mobo: Gigabyte - Z370 AORUS Gaming 5. RAM: 16gb G Skill Trident Z RGB. GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 Super.

First: CPU: AMD FX-8350 @4.5GHz. Mobo: Asus ROG crosshair V formula-Z. RAM: 8GB Patriot Viper XTreme. GPU: Asus Radeon 7950.

Don't know what OnePlus is. :l

OnePlus is a new start up company which was formed by former engineers at OPPO and other phone companies whos aim is to make a powerful smartphone at a low cost.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

a new phone manufacturer 

OnePlus is a new start up company which was formed by former engineers at OPPO and other phone companies whos aim is to make a powerful smartphone at a low cost.

Oh..... cool!

There is something dodgy going on with OnePlus. They lied about the phones screen size, their Smash the Past competition gained negative publicity with people destroying perfectly good HTC Ones and other expensive phones and now they are telling us they aren't the owner they are only an investor. I'm starting to get turned off by OnePlus.

I thought everyone already knew this...

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

There is something dodgy going on with OnePlus. They lied about the phones screen size, their Smash the Past competition gained negative publicity with people destroying perfectly good HTC Ones and other expensive phones and now they are telling us they aren't the owner they are only an investor. I'm starting to get turned off by OnePlus.

What do you mean by that?

Did you want them to be owned by Oppo Mobile?

Owned by Oppo or not, doesn't really change anything. I never saw the problem with this in the first place, if it was even true. 

COMIC SANS

What do you mean by that?

Did you want them to be owned by Oppo Mobile?

I don't really care that they are owned by Oppo but I don't like how they have kept it secret.

I don't really care that they are owned by Oppo but I don't like how they have kept it secret.

I don't think that is something that they should need to clarify from the very beginning. But they did clarify things up within a reasonably timely manner.

They aren't owned by OPPO... OPPO Mobile is the phone company. OPPO Electronic is an investment company. They are completely different OPPOs. The only similarity is that OPPO Electronic is an investor in both OPPO Mobile and OnePlus, but it is not the sole investor.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

Oh come on, nobody would honestly smash their phone unless they didn't plan to use it/didn't care.

Oh come on, nobody would honestly smash their phone unless they didn't plan to use it/didn't care.

Search up Smash the Past on YouTube and you will find people destroying perfectly working iPhones and HTC Ones just to get an invite.

Search up Smash the Past on YouTube and you will find people destroying perfectly working iPhones and HTC Ones just to get an invite.

And that's their own fault, the rules of the contest are IF YOUR ARE CHOSEN you have to make a video of you smashing your phone to receive the prize. Morons smashing perfectly good phones when they haven't won anything because they can't read is their own fault. 

And that's their own fault, the rules of the contest are IF YOUR ARE CHOSEN you have to make a video of you smashing your phone to receive the prize. Morons smashing perfectly good phones when they haven't won anything because they can't read is their own fault.

It's a moronic 'competition'. Encouraging anybody to smash new, expensive and fully working tech is mindlessly stupid. Gives the company such a bad first impression. Makes me think that the Oneplus One is so cheap in comparison to other phones because they've forgotten to add the BoM up properly. And they'll go bust within a year.

It's a moronic 'competition'. Encouraging anybody to smash new, expensive and fully working tech is mindlessly stupid. Gives the company such a bad first impression. Makes me think that the Oneplus One is so cheap in comparison to other phones because they've forgotten to add the BoM up properly. And they'll go bust within a year.

Couldn't agree more, people could just sell their expensive phones and buy a OnePlus One when it is finally released.

Oppo in only an investor ?

so facebook will buy OnePlus ?

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

a new phone manufacturer

really?! I honest to god thought it was like a 2nd gen HTC One Plus

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

really?! I honest to god thought it was like a 2nd gen HTC One Plus

Nope, how they got away with that name I will never know

Current: CPU: Intel i7-8700k. Mobo: Gigabyte - Z370 AORUS Gaming 5. RAM: 16gb G Skill Trident Z RGB. GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 Super.

First: CPU: AMD FX-8350 @4.5GHz. Mobo: Asus ROG crosshair V formula-Z. RAM: 8GB Patriot Viper XTreme. GPU: Asus Radeon 7950.

They aren't owned by OPPO... OPPO Mobile is the phone company. OPPO Electronic is an investment company. They are completely different OPPOs.

You're honestly buying that crap? They're completely different for tax purposes but they are likely basically different divisions of the same parent company, likely sharing a lot more than "investors". 

-------

Current Rig

-------

You're honestly buying that crap? They're completely different for tax purposes but they are likely basically different divisions of the same parent company, likely sharing a lot more than "investors". 

Doesn't change the fact that they are still different entities. Maybe if OPPO Electronic 100% owned OnePlus and OPPO Mobile then you'd have a case.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

Doesn't change the fact that they are still different entities. Maybe if OPPO Electronic 100% owned OnePlus and OPPO Mobile then you'd have a case.

Doesn't really matters unless you're the Chinese Revenue Service looking at their taxes. As a consumer, yeah it's the same. However I would concede on the "doesn't really matter" point because it really doesn't so this was an entirely pointless reply...sorry.

-------

Current Rig

-------

you've evaluated the companies viability based on a competition they ran? you might want to go in to business.  

Couldn't agree more, people could just sell their expensive phones and buy a OnePlus One when it is finally released.

The only people who are encouraged to smash their phones are the ones who win, and already have a one plus. Morons are morons.