DayZ Standalone vs Black Ops II

PerryTheBadAss

Hey guys like i have said before i am fairly new into PC gaming and i have 34 dollars to spend and i was wondering which of these 2 awesome games should i buy ? also do any of you play any of these games since i dont know a lot of people and im thinking about starting out with some new friends c:

Don't get DayZ. The devs insist on breaking the functional features and adding more broken features to the game. It took a week for the game breaking memory leak to be fixed. The zombie respawns are broken to hell, the long range scope has been bugged for 3 months... You can go on for days. Dean Hall himself doesn't recommend buying the game right now. Wait for a few months or so until there are more features and fixes, the price will stay the same for a while.

Um... DayZ if you can handle it. But by the sounds of it if your tossing up those 2 games then you may not know what DayZ is really about.

Edit: DayZ is also in Alpha and is buggy as hell. Don't buy it if you're not prepared to wait a long time for the real thing (which may go up in price)

Still learning how to play Dota 2 :)

Hey guys like i have said before i am fairly new into PC gaming and i have 34 dollars to spend and i was wondering which of these 2 awesome games should i buy ? also do any of you play any of these games since i dont know a lot of people and im thinking about starting out with some new friends c:

Well.. Although both games are fantastic... It's hard to give you an answer.. DayZ is a first of its kind and is still in Alpha stage... Black Ops is a huge long-lived series.

With that said, obviously Black Ops is way more polished and is going to give you smoother game play without the 329074 bugs.

This might just be me, but between those two, they shouldn't really be in the same spot.. Two radically different choices, lol.

I love DayZ and all, but you might want to do some research on it before you ask yourself if you want to play it..

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

@PerryTheBadAss do you have cod 4? Recently a bunch of people from LTT have been playing together, it's actually quite fun since there isn't 90000 BS killstreaks that can kill you, it all comes down to gunfights (which imo is the most fun part of FPS)

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

@PerryTheBadAss do you have cod 4? Recently a bunch of people from LTT have been playing together, it's actually quite fun since there isn't 90000 BS killstreaks that can kill you, it all comes down to gunfights (which imo is the most fun part of FPS)

i dont sorry but should i try to get it c:

Uh... Those are two extremely different games, lol.

Just a heads up.  Not suggesting you're a new gamer or your friends are, just stating whatever I can about them as an open statement for all users. 

DayZ is very buggy since it's in alpha. There are many problems with it and it's a fairly difficult game to learn if you don't have anyone showing you the ropes from the get go. And it's hard to find someone to help in game most the time since everyone's just killing each other for their cool hat or just for the heck of it. I've been playing DayZ since it was first a mod and all I can say is that, again, if you don't have someone showing you the ropes you might end up hating it for a while, lol. I just took a friend who is new to it and it took him a couple days to start to enjoy himself. Kept spawning far away from me and started getting attacked from glitched zombies because they kept running through buildings. There's a lot to learn in DayZ, but once you do learn it, it is an awesome game. One of my favorite.

DayZ is also a fairly hard game to run. I wouldn't suggest it for the average computer because of very poor optimization.

BO2 is an incredibly fun game as well. You have a fun campaign and a variety of multiplayer options. I think short term, and potentially long term, it's a much more enjoyable game for most users. It's quick to pick up, very straight forward game. Zombie mode is a blast with friends as is the standard combat. Keep in mind, I only played it on XBOX 360, so take my statements with a grain of salt for a PC experience. I'm only speaking on the game itself as the two, I would imagine, are fairly identical.

BO2 is nowhere near as intensive on your computer as DayZ and it's actually optimized, lol.

That's all I can think of. Sure there's a lot more info to put down on the topic.

LTT Recruit: Tacoma | Organization: UOLTT Conglomerate | Group: Salvage and Military | Fleet: Anvil Carrack, Aegis Retaliator and CO Mustang Omega

Appreciation to: artofinca.com | UOLTT Conglomerate on RSI and LTT

If you don't know what my avatar is, it's from: Silverhawks

COD4 over any of the other COD games definitely. Furthermore COD4 still has a very active competitive scene. DayZ is absolutely dreadful and only has this much success because it's the only one of it's kind, please do not spend your hard earned (or not hard earned) cash on that piece of garbage.

i dont sorry but should i try to get it c:

If you want yeah, it's anywhere from 10-20$ depending on the website, try "dealzon.com" and "g2a.com" if they don't have any deals go to steam then.

If you'd ever like to play with us, I run a server for LTT members that want to game/have fun/ hang out.  "Peen.no-ip.Biz" is the teamspeak 3 info. 

You're welcome to join us anytime of day :D

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

If you end up going DayZ, I can probably have my crew help you out. We try to be anti-PKers. Though usually that ends up with one of us losing an M4 and the "bad guys" logging out.

LTT Recruit: Tacoma | Organization: UOLTT Conglomerate | Group: Salvage and Military | Fleet: Anvil Carrack, Aegis Retaliator and CO Mustang Omega

Last post, but there are plenty of other games you guys could get as well.

CS:GO is cheap, and a lot of fun. Though it's somewhat difficult as first, not as straight forward as COD. But there are also other Source engine games like L4D and L4D2. Fun, 4 person coop games. I even think Borderlands 2 is $20 on Steam now.

never buy into a alpha build *DayZ* this happens a lot with the early access "cough, actually final game, cough" things. They release the alpha and ask for some money say they'll finish it then don't because hey they already got your money and then you are stuck with unfinished software. Blops 2 idk if a lot of people play it I assume they still do since the CoD community seems to be split by people who buy infinity Ward's CoD, people who buy Treyarch's CoD, and people who buy both. Honestly I would suggest to keep your money, play something free that has a strong community like TF2, LoL, Dota, Hearthstone etc and wait for something new to come out, or if you must get a shooter and don't like the F2P options then I would suggest CS:GO, games are quick, content has very little fluff and shooting feels good.