Youtube's 'Dislike' button barely works according to Mozilla report

Spotty
6 hours ago, Kisai said:

Hate-watching is a thing, just like hate-reading.

Negative engagement is more attractive to advertisement revenue than positive engagement. When you know your viewership is engaging out of spite,

drama, hooks and anything to grab ones attention towards and maybe be more engaged, even if its for all the wrong reasons. Going for short term profits... sadly its no longer able to be short term and long term benefits for them and encourage some of it. Just like with most news sites do more clickbaits, images or drama headlines or "false headlines" that at times could become legal trouble.

14 hours ago, LAwLz said:

Nope, Google bought Youtube in October 2006.

I think most people who say "Youtube was better before Google" are either joking, or are feeling nostalgic without realizing Google owned Youtube during that "golden era" they miss.

Google bought Youtube less than 10 months after Youtube officially launched.

Me, I am aware, still think it was better. Google brought something to the table, so I recognize that, but the acquisition was not in the best for You Tube in the grander picture. This is just my opinion of course. 👍

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

YouTube intentionally shows me videos from people Iv blocked.  They flood my feed with videos I despise and hate.  Mostly left wing propaganda.  Facebook does the same thing.  Feel like they are just trolling me. 

CPU:                       Motherboard:                Graphics:                                 Ram:                            Screen:

i9-13900KS   Asus z790 HERO      ASUS TUF 4090 OC    GSkill 7600 DDR5       ASUS 48" OLED 138hz

youtube does a pretty good job of recommending videos i like

image.thumb.png.824942a249c9cd14cc8ff24dc9940cf1.png

about 6/8 videos on the top of the landing page are videos im interested in. i dont use dislike or dont show this i just ignore videos i dont want to watch

Google: You'll watch what we want you to watch and you'll fucking like it.

I actually never subscribe, never view youtube while logged in, use a VPN, have my browser set to clear cookies and site data every time I close it, and close the browser ever time I change websites. So I suppose I get as close to a "vanilla" youtube experience as possible. I've actually found the side bar recos not bad. I'd be curious to know how they choose which ads to push on users like me.

System Specs: Second-class potato, slightly mouldy