Do you use the Black or white theme on the forum? Should white be Default?

Rorgash

Lets see which one should be seen as default :D

Well, it's generally because that color blue burns the eyes of any dark theme user like the blazing sun. Bickering implies arguments. Arguments imply two sides. Wrong word. 

I added what I thought of it sort of. The OP is obviously new, so we should mention it to him about his post choices so he can provide posts that everyone can enjoy without getting a headache. It's not his fault. He's new, but he needs to know these things. 

The default theme is white, I see no reason to accommodate people using darker themes until it becomes the default one. 

It's officially supported by the forum. Default or not, a lot of people use the dark theme. :| 

I would argue that dark theme users shouldn't necessarily have to accomodate people using custom font colours when the default one is legible on all themes.

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

I use dark theme, but light or day or w/e theme should be default as that's more consistent with, well, the rest of the internet.

Dark theme should remain as an opt in.

Error: 410

neither i use night theme  :ph34r:

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

I thought white was default... In any case I prefer it by far.

it is, but should it? we will see as more votes comes in :)

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

it is, but should it? we will see as more votes comes in :)

We'll be back after this short message from our sponsors.

.... :D

Plain IP.Board, since it loads quicker at school and my grandmas. And I kinda like the look of it better. When they come out with a blacked out version though... I'll get that one.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (9TB partition for general storage + 2TB partition for dumping ground), 4x 8TB WD White Label/Red (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

OptiPlex 7040M

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700, 2x16GB Mushkin Redline (stuck at 2133MHz CL13), 240GB Corsair MP510, 130w Dell power brick, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Regular white theme. whatever it may be called.

Dark theme just seems to be inconvenient as i've seen many people complain about text formatting and things like that.

Ps. Blue text huh?  :P

TURQUOISE!? CYAN!? MEDIUM BLUE!? OR JUST BLUE!?

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Plain IP.Board, since it loads quicker at school and my grandmas. And I kinda like the look of it better. When they come out with a blacked out version though... I'll get that one.

Oh yes, this is the one I use, not the Day theme.

I use the default IPBoard theme, I don't really like the grey in the day theme and the night theme is nice but sometimes things aren't legible and it's not worth it.

In the day i use the white them, and in the night i use the black one. :D

I use white because I don't feel like changing every time I use a different school computer.

But I use black at home or when I'm out because tapatalk

Intel i5 4670K 3.4GHz | EVGA 780Ti Classified | ASUS Gryphon Z87 w/ Armor Kit | G.Skill Sniper 8GB @1866MHz

Samsung 840 Evo 500GB | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Kingwin Lazer 850W Bronze PSU | Corsair 350D Window

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate BF3 Edition | Razer Naga Molten

Regular white theme. whatever it may be called.

Dark theme just seems to be inconvenient as i've seen many people complain about text formatting and things like that.

Ps. Blue text huh?  :P

TURQUOISE!? CYAN!? MEDIUM BLUE!? OR JUST BLUE!?

have a polite middle finger for killing my eyes :) for all of them but more on the normal blue also

#NightThemeMasterRace

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Day theme, it's mostly text here so I find it easier on the eyes... So many issues with copy/pasted stuff too.

I prefer dark themes on image sites though. 

I prefer the day theme but honestly, the day theme isn't that great either. The contrast ratio in the dark theme is just too high, and there is evidence that shows that's bad. The day theme isn't that much better in this regard, but at least we have light gray on the borders in the day theme.

Two other issues I got with the night theme. 1) A lot of people don't copy/paste text correctly (leaving formatting on and copies the color info with it) and 2) It looks awful with things like the blue "Like This" button and the reply box sticking out like a sore thumb.

Very dark gray on very light gray is the best, followed by black text on a white background and the in last place white text on a black background in terms of readability.
Pic related:

reflectedlightontext.png

Night theme disgusts me. Wayyyy too dark.

"You can try to play chess with a pigeon. But even if you win, it'll shit on the board and strut around."

I prefer day theme on desktop and on the phone (I highly dislike mobile version of LTT website, so I use the regular desktop version. Slow, but much better than the mobile version), as it's easy to read. Though I prefer night theme on the tablet as it's harder for others to read it while on the move. Dunno why.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

*Just notices there are modes to this forum. ._.

hi

*Just notices there are modes to this forum. ._.

No shame in it. I saw it maybe few weeks back. Before that I had no idea about "night theme" when users talked about it.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

I use the default. I would use the dark theme but its not very good as its too washed out.

Wait... there are multiple themes available!?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Wait... there are multiple themes available!?

way bottom left next to the RSS feed link

There should be an orange theme honestly , it should be called the L33t Linus Theme.

Anyway i use the White theme 

Interested in Business and Technology