Do you use the Black or white theme on the forum? Should white be Default?

Rorgash

There should be an orange theme honestly , it should be called the L33t Linus Theme.

Anyway i use the White theme

agreed a dark/burnt orange and black/dark grey theme. i have my foobar set up with a theme like that.

One thing i just noticed is that a ton of elements of the website dont work properly with the night theme. Like they, likely due to their color, seem out of place.

• 4 weeks later...

I prefer the night theme. It's much easier on the eyes when reading blogs.

CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.3 Ghz | Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX | Motherboard: Asus Z97 Pro Wifi AC (USB 3.0 rev) | Memory: G.Skill 2x8GB Ripjaws @ 1866MHZ | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Gaming | PSU: Corsair RM850 | Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2

I would use the night theme but some posts are invisible with night theme so yeah...

Pilates

to those who still use white theme..

45957436.jpg

Details separate people.

I use dark theme. My monitor is so bright I try to use dark colours all the time.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Day theme. The dark theme clashes imo. As someone that deals with colour, the night theme feels off. It's too high contrast with the bright white text against a grey background. The text box being white only serves to blind the user when giving quick replies.

See, THIS is a good dark theme:

4.jpg

Where things are more consistent. As it stands in its current form, the LTT night theme is too light grey to be dubbed "night". The contrast with sudden breaks of white hurt my eyes. You need more of a break up than just slightly dark grey with a slightly darker grey with bright inconsistencies littered throughout.

If the night theme was tweaked where it was darker, the text less contrasting and add some dark gradients to break things up a bit - it'd look a lot better. For now, I'll stick to the day theme as it feels more uniform.

*I used to run sites and forums so this is just my nitpicking with the contrasts and stuff.

Since most websites are white in terms of background color, daytime for me. If I'd go to some other website while browsing LTT with the night theme, my eyes would get raped by the amount of white color on the other sites (too bright after getting used to darker background)

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Day theme. The dark theme clashes imo. As someone that deals with colour, the night theme feels off. It's too high contrast with the bright white text against a grey background. The text box being white only serves to blind the user when giving quick replies.

See, THIS is a good dark theme:

4.jpg

Where things are more consistent. As it stands in its current form, the LTT night theme is too light grey to be dubbed "night". The contrast with sudden breaks of white hurt my eyes. You need more of a break up than just slightly dark grey with a slightly darker grey with bright inconsistencies littered throughout.

If the night theme was tweaked where it was darker, the text less contrasting and add some dark gradients to break things up a bit - it'd look a lot better. For now, I'll stick to the day theme as it feels more uniform.

*I used to run sites and forums so this is just my nitpicking with the contrasts and stuff.

I agree and im almost to used to the day theme now. if a really good dark theme was introduced natively id very likely pick it up