Black shaft delivery

Razercake
Go to solution Solved by LinusTech,

No we will start building black shaft drivers at the earliest possible opportunity regardless of the number of waves we add here.

On 9/22/2022 at 10:14 PM, Schuasda said:

I would like to get back on topic and hopefully recieve updates on black shaft delivery in this thread 馃槄

Likewise! I think Linus said on the WAN Show yesterday that there were only 10,000 left in their black shaft allocation so it seems like it's not a built to order thing necessarily and they won't start making them until they close the black shaft orders which would mean we're waiting a fair while. So I choose to remain optimistic and hope that there is some sort of black shaft allocation in each wave.

1 hour ago, W.D. Stevens said:

So I choose to remain optimistic and hope that there is some sort of black shaft allocation in each wave.

I hope so too, I was VERY early in the first wave (like within the first 60 orders) and I wanna use this thing in my shop during my busy season which is fast approaching

11 hours ago, W.D. Stevens said:

Likewise! I think Linus said on the WAN Show yesterday that there were only 10,000 left in their black shaft allocation so it seems like it's not a built to order thing necessarily and they won't start making them until they close the black shaft orders which would mean we're waiting a fair while. So I choose to remain optimistic and hope that there is some sort of black shaft allocation in each wave.

Yea I heard that on WAN as well, if it arrives faster than expected thats just a + 馃槃

High chance of message being聽edited,聽mostly to add clarification or fix typos.

13 hours ago, W.D. Stevens said:

I think Linus said on the WAN Show yesterday that there were only 10,000 left in their black shaft allocation

Heard that too

13 hours ago, W.D. Stevens said:

So I choose to remain optimistic and hope that there is some sort of black shaft allocation in each wave

And hoping for that as well 馃槃

Stil, would be nice if somebody clarified that, or gave an approximate time frame for when black shaft will start shipping.

@nicklmg聽maybe?

*deleted*

EDIT : I pretty much just said what another comment already said. so just purging my comment

Edited by Razercake

• 1 month later...

Has anyone received a black shaft screwdriver? I was in wave 3 #386*** but no word, I'm not complaining I don't have it but it would be nice to know that they are going out. I was hoping to give it as a gift for Christmas but that's looking less and less likely with shipping to Australia 馃槥

8 minutes ago, Dreams of a blackshaft said:

Has anyone received a black shaft screwdriver? I was in wave 3 #386*** but no word, I'm not complaining I don't have it but it would be nice to know that they are going out. I was hoping to give it as a gift for Christmas but that's looking less and less likely with shipping to Australia 馃槥

Since you are in wave 3, the estimated shipping time for it is the 10th of December, at best. I am in wave 2, order #375*** and no news whatsoever regarding shipping, thus far.

Capture.JPG

1 hour ago, Dreams of a blackshaft said:

I'm in denmark, got the order in during wave one sales. my black shaft screwdriver just made it through customs Thursday. so should have it this monday

So it finally came! first impression over my cheap Xiaomi is that it was a lot smaller in person than Expected. that isn't a bad thing the Xiaomi is very clunky(but I don't have many complaints cause its very cheap) overall I'm loving it, feels like a really nice upgrade. My hands aren't big so I appreciate the smaller handle, knurling + stiffer shaft. the Xiaomi shaft is detachable so it has a lot more noticeable wobble. overall was this an expensive screwdriver? yes, but after using the Xiaomi to see if a Ratcheting screwdriver was for me. I have no regrets paying the premium, for a stylish and really sturdy screwdriver that will be my new daily driver. I don't work with tools daily, So I can't speak to how viable it is for those use cases.

However I am very happy with my purchase c:

rn_image_picker_lib_temp_a6e92b8c-0a7e-467d-92d5-ceb1c82d85cc.jpg

Just now, NastyFlytrap said:

I just wish the handle was silicone and not hard plastic. Sigh

I don't mind the grip, could be a lil more like the Xiaomi, which feels a lil rubbery so there is some resistance so your hands don't slip. but the grip on the LTT, doesn't really feel like it would slip, with how they shaped the handle. but I just got it today, so ill see how it holds up when I do my next project. which will most likely be a home server.

wonder if you could just mod the screwdriver with some type of thin rubberized layer to give the handle a better grip? cause I can see how this handle might cause issues if you have something that's really tight, although I can't be certain聽

10 minutes ago, NastyFlytrap said:

The rubberized grip would be fine, but outside of factories who coat things in that stuff, how the hell would an ordinary dude like me do something like that?

https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/p/c/electrical/wire-cable/tubing-molded-parts/heat-shrink/

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post.聽

Project Hot Box

CPU聽13900k, Motherboard聽Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM聽CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC,Case聽Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tb,聽CORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i,聽Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator,聽Displays聽Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard聽Mountain Everest Max,聽Mouse聽Mountain Makalu 67, Sound聽AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR聽

Oppbevaring

CPU聽i9-9900k,聽Motherboard,聽ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8)聽GPUs聽Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080,聽Case聽Mining Frame, 2x聽Storage聽Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB,聽PSU聽Corsair RM1000x and RM850x,聽Cooling聽Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

3 hours ago, IkeaGnome said:

Or even this as a super cheap simple alternative. Its advertised to add grip handles to tools.聽

I've used it on a few pairs of pillars i really liked but the grip handles eroded off and this was a great solution.聽

On 9/15/2022 at 12:46 PM, Ravendarat said:

22 years working in automotive shops, never once have I seen a PZ bit. I didnt even realize they were a thing till they started being talked about on this board. I have roughly $40,000 in tools/storage and have been going through all my bit sets and I dont have a single pz bit, only ph. I guess its just a big difference between NA market compared to international. What am I missing here though, like a PZ bit to me just looks like a reinforced PH bit? Is there more to it?

You can tell a PZ screw from the extra four lines in the head (see picture), I've seen a ton of screws that I thought were phillips but were actually pz, I pretty much use them interchangeably though.

Pozidriv vs Phillips: What's the Difference? | Shop4Fasteners

My build: |聽CPU聽- AMD Ryzen 3 1200 OC 3.8 GHz Ryzen 5 3600 | CPU COOLER - Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 120 MasterLiquid ML280 Mirror | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 1050 Ti |聽MOBO - Asus ROG Strix X370-F Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero | RAM聽- GeIL RGB 2400 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 2x8GB | SSD聽- R.I.P. Corsair Force MP500 M.2 120GB Corsair Force MP510 M.2 960GB | CASE聽- Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-03 Phanteks P500A RGB | PSU聽- Seasonic Focus+ Gold聽550W | COOLING聽- Bunch of Rosewill 120mm fans | KEYBOARD - G.Skill Ripjaws KM780 |MOUSE聽- Cooler Master Devastator II MSI Clutch GM08 | MONITOR聽- Asus 27" VP279Q-P OC to 65hz, Gigabyte 27" M27Q 170Hz | OS聽- Windows 10 Pro 64-bit